Kodi Community Forum
Notify - iPhone Notification App for XBMC (send push notifications to XBMC) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Notify - iPhone Notification App for XBMC (send push notifications to XBMC) (/showthread.php?tid=64545)

- Fofer - 2010-02-04

I can't believe I am suggesting it, but in this case I think it's warranted, and well-deserved: I think you should charge more for this app.

$1.50 is just... too cheap. Big Grin You could easily get away with charging double ($2.99) or even triple... up to $4.99 or so, I'd say. It's that good.

Yeah, I'm saying this as someone who's already registered at the $1.50 price, so it's easy for me to say. Just giving some sincere feedback, as I truly believe this app is worth more.

Just throwing it out there, with my flame suite on. I just like seeing enterprising, hard-working and creative developers rewarded handsomely, that's all.

- rickardkk - 2010-02-05

Cloaky Wrote:It would also be cool if you could send among with the Call* events if the phone is at silent mode or not

Great idea!

Fofer Wrote:I can't believe I am suggesting it, but in this case I think it's warranted, and well-deserved: I think you should charge more for this app.

$1.50 is just... too cheap. Big Grin You could easily get away with charging double ($2.99) or even triple... up to $4.99 or so, I'd say. It's that good.

...also a great idea!

- johoja - 2010-02-05

Fofer Wrote:I can't believe I am suggesting it, but in this case I think it's warranted, and well-deserved: I think you should charge more for this app.

Yeah, I'm saying this as someone who's already registered at the $1.50 price, so it's easy for me to say. Just giving some sincere feedback, as I truly believe this app is worth more.

Just throwing it out there, with my flame suite on. I just like seeing enterprising, hard-working and creative developers rewarded handsomely, that's all.

Haha! Thanks for the support Smile. But know it's not fair to increase the price all of a sudden. Plus I priced it low so people would be more willing to buy it instead of pirate it, speaking from my own personal experience, I don'tl ike paying more than 3$ for an iPhone app, and I always see jailbroken apps charging a lot more.

But if you guys do like it tell other people about it, I know one difficult thing is setting it up, it can be hard since its not so automated.

Also, I think I need to revamp the product description in Cydia, anybody an
English major and want to do it for me Smile ?

- johoja - 2010-02-05

rickardkk Wrote:Great idea!

I've already looked into that, it's pretty easy. Shouldn't be to hard to add.

- -maz - 2010-02-06

My NIO does not show any "growl popup" at my MacBook Pro desktop!?
When I send a notification from my NIO web account it shows up in history, but when try to click for a preview it does not show up at the desktop either!?
Anybody can help me here? Any clue?

I use NotifyPro app at my iPhone too. But nothing there either Sad
Growl show up fine both from the MacBook and iPhone NotifyPro app notifications.
-maz

EDIT: SORRY to have this post. I found out what i was by my self.
My bad!
Sad Smile

Speech - SaticICE - 2010-02-06

Good afternoon,

I have been looking at the python script provided by Cloaky and am trying to find a way to get it to use the microsoft speech api to read out the title of the track when it changes in iTunes!

I don't suppose anybody would be able to lend a hand?

- Cloaky - 2010-02-06

SaticICE Wrote:Good afternoon,

I have been looking at the python script provided by Cloaky and am trying to find a way to get it to use the microsoft speech api to read out the title of the track when it changes in iTunes!

I don't suppose anybody would be able to lend a hand?

It doesn't look that hard, once i get some free time i will see if i can manage to get it to work! But this might help you, http://code.google.com/p/pyspeech/

- johoja - 2010-02-06

Those of you who have access to the private repo, I've added Growl SMS reply:

"Ive updated the private to 1.34, some initial support for sms reply...works only if you are on wifi and, i only keep the webserver running for 30 seconds after a notification is received, and then shutdown and free up the mem."

I'll be adding it to notify.io as well, once its stabalized.

- SaticICE - 2010-02-06

johoja Wrote:Those of you who have access to the private repo, I've added Growl SMS reply:

"Ive updated the private to 1.34, some initial support for sms reply...works only if you are on wifi and, i only keep the webserver running for 30 seconds after a notification is received, and then shutdown and free up the mem."

I'll be adding it to notify.io as well, once its stabalized.

As a paying customer - how can I get access to the private?
If an extra donation is needed - point me at it - my paypal is waiting! You more then deserve it for a fantastic app!

Edit: Ok - put some basic (so far) code together that works!

http://pastebin.com/m22402397

Will be adding more soon!

- johoja - 2010-02-06

SaticICE Wrote:As a paying customer - how can I get access to the private?
If an extra donation is needed - point me at it - my paypal is waiting! You more then deserve it for a fantastic app!

Just email me and I'll give you access, I don't charge extra you've already paid for it...why would I charge for the untested version..your helping me out by using it.... just give positive feedback and try and test new features that I'm adding, and give me syslogs when I need it.

- SaticICE - 2010-02-07

Ok, I have had time to play with the Speech output and have changed the code around a little.

http://pastebin.com/d169170cf

I want to thank you all for the hints and tips throughout this post! Thanks!

PS - johoja - what's your email (feel free to PM me!) thanks.

- Cloaky - 2010-02-07

SaticICE Wrote:Ok, I have had time to play with the Speech output and have changed the code around a little.

http://pastebin.com/d169170cf

I want to thank you all for the hints and tips throughout this post! Thanks!

PS - johoja - what's your email (feel free to PM me!) thanks.

You could also use the speech plugin directly to texttospeech a global variable with the name or w/e you want... the only problem is how to get the information w/o using loops, i guess you would need some external dll, you might also be able to do that with growl.

EDIT: johoja i think it would be a good idea to change the . at the EG events to something else because on emails/pushes/sms we have . as really used character and that might cause us some problems when trying to get the value of the [3] array, on the other hand using :: would be a nice alternative.

EDIT2: Based on SaticICE's idea i might make a growl skin with a button that will send EG a event! i will use it to texttospeech SMS/Mail/Contact name and stuff like that.

- johoja - 2010-02-07

Cloaky Wrote:You could also use the speech plugin directly to texttospeech a global variable with the name or w/e you want... the only problem is how to get the information w/o using loops, i guess you would need some external dll, you might also be able to do that with growl.

EDIT: johoja i think it would be a good idea to change the . at the EG events to something else because on emails/pushes/sms we have . as really used character and that might cause us some problems when trying to get the value of the [3] array, on the other hand using :: would be a nice alternative.

EDIT2: Based on SaticICE's idea i might make a growl skin with a button that will send EG a event! i will use it to texttospeech SMS/Mail/Contact name and stuff like that.

Ok, I'll change it to "::" unless someone has objections..?

Would a growl Skin negate the need for direct EG support in NotifyPro?

- Cloaky - 2010-02-07

johoja Wrote:Ok, I'll change it to "::" unless someone has objections..?

Would a growl Skin negate the need for direct EG support in NotifyPro?

Not at all! i am just making that way so we can easily press the button for the action, instead of having to change it on the script, i am also not sure if that is possible : D ive gotta try first hahaha but it should be.

- johoja - 2010-02-07

Cloaky Wrote:Not at all! i am just making that way so we can easily press the button for the action, instead of having to change it on the script, i am also not sure if that is possible : D ive gotta try first hahaha but it should be.

Ok, I've made the changes Cloaky in the private builds...you interested in testing it out? You can also play with the SMS Reply Smile