Kodi Community Forum
Notify - iPhone Notification App for XBMC (send push notifications to XBMC) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Notify - iPhone Notification App for XBMC (send push notifications to XBMC) (/showthread.php?tid=64545)

- Cloaky - 2010-02-07

johoja Wrote:Ok, I've made the changes Cloaky in the private builds...you interested in testing it out? You can also play with the SMS Reply Smile
Is the sms reply via Growl or EG? And sure, check ur pms for my mail!

- johoja - 2010-02-07

Cloaky Wrote:Is the sms reply via Growl or EG? And sure, check ur pms for my mail!

Growl. And it requires you be on wifi Smile. You click the notifiction and you should be able to reply.

- Cloaky - 2010-02-07

johoja Wrote:Ok, I've made the changes Cloaky in the private builds...you interested in testing it out? You can also play with the SMS Reply Smile

Okey, i am going out for lunch, once i back i will try the private version!

- SaticICE - 2010-02-07

Trying the private version now!

The SMS reply option worked for me!

O2 in the UK on an iPhone 3G[S] with 3.1.2!

What a brilliant option!

- johoja - 2010-02-07

SaticICE Wrote:Trying the private version now!

The SMS reply option worked for me!

O2 in the UK on an iPhone 3G[S] with 3.1.2!

What a brilliant option!

Awesome Smile Good to hear.

- Cloaky - 2010-02-07

Also tested the Sms reply and it is working (iPhone 3G[S], 3.1.2), however my phone crashed after some time! not sure why...

Also check this out
http://mageuzi.com/trowl/ (Twitter example)
you can add custom stuff/actions or w/e to the growl themes, i might as well give a try to make one that allows u to reply directly from the pop up! I just need some extra time.

- johoja - 2010-02-07

Cloaky Wrote:Also tested the Sms reply and it is working (iPhone 3G[S], 3.1.2), however my phone crashed after some time! not sure why...

Also check this out
http://mageuzi.com/trowl/ (Twitter example)
you can add custom stuff/actions or w/e to the growl themes, i might as well give a try to make one that allows u to reply directly from the pop up! I just need some extra time.

Send me the syslog of the crash pls.

- Cloaky - 2010-02-07

johoja Wrote:Send me the syslog of the crash pls.

What if i say that i have no idea where it is stored : D

- johoja - 2010-02-07

Cloaky Wrote:What if i say that i have no idea where it is stored : D

/var/log/syslog

You need to have the syslogd package installed in cydia if you don't see the fild on your phone....

- Cloaky - 2010-02-07

johoja Wrote:/var/log/syslog

You need to have the syslogd package installed in cydia if you don't see the fild on your phone....

o damn.. well i will get it installed, sorry about that, won't happen again! haha

- johoja - 2010-02-07

Cloaky Wrote:o damn.. well i will get it installed, sorry about that, won't happen again! haha

Better not .... Smile hehe..

Next time you see a crash just email me the log pls.

And if you end up adding a Growl skin, you should be able to just use HTTP to talk to the iPhone to do an SMS reply it's pretty simple.

- Cloaky - 2010-02-08

It would be nice if you could have a change log for the beta versions, so we (the ones trying the beta ver) know what to play with, what to test and stuff like that!

- johoja - 2010-02-08

Cloaky Wrote:It would be nice if you could have a change log for the beta versions, so we (the ones trying the beta ver) know what to play with, what to test and stuff like that!

I leave it as a suprise Smile

Edit: Fine...you..win..updated first page.

- Cloaky - 2010-02-08

There is a strange bug with the mail EG event, well i was playing with SMS and i end up making this

Quote:if parts[1] == "SMS":
if parts[3] == Password + ":Lock":
eg.plugins.System.LockWorkstation()

just for another way to lock my pc i tried to do it with the mail
Quote:if parts[1] == "Mail":
print parts[3]
if parts[3] == "1":
eg.plugins.System.LockWorkstation()
even printing 1 from parts[3] it returns false on the if... i have no idea why.. so i might be the way u are sending it to EG!

i also tested the new event split character sequence "::", and it works wonderfully! Just another thing that i noticed, which might be a EG bug, but as i am not sure... so why not post it here ^^, if ur text contains a "," it will be converted to a ".", just on EG, it still shows as a "," on growl!

- johoja - 2010-02-08

Cloaky Wrote:There is a strange bug with the mail EG event, well i was playing with SMS and i end up making this

just for another way to lock my pc i tried to do it with the mail

even printing 1 from parts[3] it returns false on the if... i have no idea why.. so i might be the way u are sending it to EG!

i also tested the new event split character sequence "::", and it works wonderfully! Just another thing that i noticed, which might be a EG bug, but as i am not sure... so why not post it here ^^, if ur text contains a "," it will be converted to a ".", just on EG, it still shows as a "," on growl!

Yeah...The "," to ".". I do, It's because I adapted the code from my XBMC stuff. Because XBMC splits on "," . So if you had to commas in you email, notification in XBMC would not work. I will fix it.

can you do a "print parts" on your email, and see what happens.