Kodi Community Forum
Notify - iPhone Notification App for XBMC (send push notifications to XBMC) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Notify - iPhone Notification App for XBMC (send push notifications to XBMC) (/showthread.php?tid=64545)

- Cloaky - 2010-02-09

johoja Wrote:Yeah...The "," to ".". I do, It's because I adapted the code from my XBMC stuff. Because XBMC splits on "," . So if you had to commas in you email, notification in XBMC would not work. I will fix it.

can you do a "print parts" on your email, and see what happens.

Well, i just did it, and it seems to be right. I got "Mail" from [1], "Pedro" from the [2] and "Test" from the [3].

Code:
if EventParts[1] == "Mail":
    print EventPart[1]
    print EventPart[2]
    print EventPart[3]

[1] and [2] are working fine, the both returned true on a if statement, however [3] might have a extra space or some hidden character or something like that... because i can't get it to work!

- m021478 - 2010-02-09

For some reason I can't get the notify.io service working to provide my laptop with Growl notifications via the NIO client.

In the Notify Pro app settings, do I even need to configure the Growl Settings? Or is simply configuring the notify.io settings within Notify Pro enough?

When I click the NIO menubar icon and choose settings, it brings me to a notify.io page which shows my email address and an API key, which is the information I entered in the notify.io settings of Notify Pro. This is correct right? It also shows source settings and debug settings... do I need to enter anything into these fields?

On the notify.io website, under the outlets tab I currently have listed my desktop notification client, and under the sources tab, I currently do not have anything listed. Are these settings correct?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated... Thanks!

EDIT:
As I was writing this question, my iPhone had a push notification message pop up from an incoming email that I just received and sure enough that triggered the NIO client to cause my laptop to display a growl message for the notification. I'd previously been testing it by sending myself SMS messages from my google voice account and waiting to see if once received on my iPhone, I also received a growl notification on my laptop, which I did not and still do not...

any suggestions as to why it might be working with push notifications and not sms noticiations?

- johoja - 2010-02-09

m021478 Wrote:For some reason I can't get the notify.io service working to provide my laptop with Growl notifications via the NIO client.

In the Notify Pro app settings, do I even need to configure the Growl Settings? Or is simply configuring the notify.io settings within Notify Pro enough?

When I click the NIO menubar icon and choose settings, it brings me to a notify.io page which shows my email address and an API key, which is the information I entered in the notify.io settings of Notify Pro. This is correct right? It also shows source settings and debug settings... do I need to enter anything into these fields?

On the notify.io website, under the outlets tab I currently have listed my desktop notification client, and under the sources tab, I currently do not have anything listed. Are these settings correct?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated... Thanks!

EDIT:
As I was writing this question, my iPhone had a push notification message pop up from an incoming email that I just received and sure enough that triggered the NIO client to cause my laptop to display a growl message for the notification. I'd previously been testing it by sending myself SMS messages from my google voice account and waiting to see if once received on my iPhone, I also received a growl notification on my laptop, which I did not and still do not...

any suggestions as to why it might be working with push notifications and not sms noticiations?

No..it should work for all if Push worked...SMS should work..send me your syslog pls..

Do the notifications show up on the notify.io website under the history tab?

- johoja - 2010-02-09

Cloaky Wrote:Well, i just did it, and it seems to be right. I got "Mail" from [1], "Pedro" from the [2] and "Test" from the [3].

Code:
    print EventPart[1]
    print EventPart[2]
    print EventPart[3]

[1] and [2] are working fine, the both returned true on a if statement, however [3] might have a extra space or some hidden character or something like that... because i can't get it to work!

Can you show me what python returned for those...prints pls?

- Cloaky - 2010-02-10

johoja Wrote:Can you show me what python returned for those...prints pls?

Mail yourself with "test" or w/e you want and try this on

Code:
    if EventPart[3] == "test":
        print "true"

- johoja - 2010-02-10

Cloaky Wrote:Mail yourself with "test" or w/e you want and try this on

Code:
    if EventPart[3] == "test":
        print "true"

Okay, fixed in 1.37.

- Cloaky - 2010-02-10

johoja Wrote:Okay, fixed in 1.37.

Sweet! And sry about how i reported it... i wasn't really sure on how to do that ahhaah glad you got my point!

- johoja - 2010-02-10

Cloaky Wrote:Sweet! And sry about how i reported it... i wasn't really sure on how to do that ahhaah glad you got my point!

Did it work?

- SaticICE - 2010-03-18

I think this thread needs bringing back to life since the crash!
I have the most recent version from the private repo and it works wonderfully!

I think the one and only extra feature I would like is that when an email comes through I can click it on my pc screen and open outlook (all my email feed in their eventually - though I may not have it open)

- johoja - 2010-03-18

SaticICE Wrote:I think the one and only extra feature I would like is that when an email comes through I can click it on my pc screen and open outlook (all my email feed in their eventually - though I may not have it open)

I'm glad its working out well Smile Unfortunatly I won't be able to do updates anytime soon, my old iPhone broke so I got a replacement which is at the latest version 3.1.3, with the newest bootrom so I can't jailbreak it Sad

With that said, I can't launch any apps so I think that's something Growl would have to implement i.e) on click of this notification launch this app....

I don't intend on dropping this program, as I've had a good time working on it, If I can find a cheap 3G used phone I'll use that, if anyone has an old phone thats collecting dust let me know Smile

Other than that I'll have to wait till this is jailbreakable.

- SaticICE - 2010-03-18

johoja Wrote:I'm glad its working out well Smile Unfortunatly I won't be able to do updates anytime soon, my old iPhone broke so I got a replacement which is at the latest version 3.1.3, with the newest bootrom so I can't jailbreak it Sad

With that said, I can't launch any apps so I think that's something Growl would have to implement i.e) on click of this notification launch this app....

I don't intend on dropping this program, as I've had a good time working on it, If I can find a cheap 3G used phone I'll use that, if anyone has an old phone thats collecting dust let me know Smile

Other than that I'll have to wait till this is jailbreakable.

Ouch - I feel for you! I don't know what I would do if my Jailbroken phone broke and I ended up with a non-breakable one!

Good luck with your hunt!

- johoja - 2010-03-18

SaticICE Wrote:Ouch - I feel for you! I don't know what I would do if my Jailbroken phone broke and I ended up with a non-breakable one!

Good luck with your hunt!

yeah trust me, i miss my sbsettings Sad

- drivesoslow - 2010-03-19

I might of missed something, but I have NotifyPro working with Growl on my MacBook fine but I cannot reply to SMS

- johoja - 2010-03-19

drivesoslow Wrote:I might of missed something, but I have NotifyPro working with Growl on my MacBook fine but I cannot reply to SMS

The Mac Growl does not support GNTP (Which is the new standard and is supported on Windows, and coming to the Growl Mac in 1.3, no idea when though)

If you want to reply to SMS messages on a MAC you have to use notify.io

Mac growl only supports notifications through either UDP (which is what I use, and has limited support (no contact images, no url links) or through Distributed Objects an OSX thing which is not supported on the iPhone.

The Windows Growl version works with contact images, as well, and with SMS Reply, so when GNTP comes to the Mac they will work as well.

Just so were clear eventhough Notify Pro will send the notification to notify.io, the notify.io client does not display it, it forwards it to your Growl client installed on your Mac...so you still end up getting the Notification in Growl, but since the notify.io client is running on the Mac its able to use Distributed Objects, and is able to associate a url with the notification.

So if you use notify.io, you'll still be able to see the notifications in growl, another benefit of notify.io is that your not tied to your ip, so if you move your laptop or pc around to a different network, you'll still get notifications.

Hope that clears it up.

- SaticICE - 2010-03-20

johoja Wrote:yeah trust me, i miss my sbsettings Sad

SBSettings to turn off wifi-3g etc - when ever I get a non jb'd phone to fix, I Hate not having that there to turn wi-fi on and off.