Kodi Community Forum
Notify - iPhone Notification App for XBMC (send push notifications to XBMC) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Notify - iPhone Notification App for XBMC (send push notifications to XBMC) (/showthread.php?tid=64545)

- johoja - 2010-06-21

nartac Wrote:johoja, I want to thank again for a wonderful app. It's well worth the minimal amount I spent on it. I do have a problem recently after custom firmware upgrade.

I just restored a custom 3.1.3 firmware and reinstalled everything. Redownloaded notify pro from cydia as well at SB toggle. Everything works as when I was running 3.1.2 except the SB toggle. When off and when I receive emails, growl doesn't notify me as it should. When I do get push notification, however, growl continues to notify me despite the toggle is off. Can you help me with this. I prefer not to revert back to 3.1.2 because have some softwares that require 3.1.3 firmware. Thanks

No problem, There isn't anything different in 3.1.2, and 3.1.3 that would cause that issue.

There might potentially be a bug in the code, I'll take a look and see what I can do.

- rickardkk - 2010-06-21

Anyone tested with iOS 4?

- johoja - 2010-06-21

rickardkk Wrote:Anyone tested with iOS 4?

I have not, Still waiting for it to come out. I don't have an iPhone anymore Sad , only have an iPod Touch Smile But I'll continue supporting the iPhone as long as I get good logs from people.

Once the iOS4 comes out for iPod, I'll make sure it works. If anyone has tested it with the iOS 4 GM let me know.

- Cloaky - 2010-06-22

w00t !! Lets hope you can get it to work right on iOS4 : D

- johoja - 2010-06-22

Cloaky Wrote:w00t !! Lets hope you can get it to work right on iOS4 : D

Looking at the API it will most likely not work, I will need to make some changes. But there's no jailbreak for the iPodTouch yet, here's hoping to them fixing it soon.

- Cloaky - 2010-06-22

johoja Wrote:Looking at the API it will most likely not work, I will need to make some changes. But there's no jailbreak for the iPodTouch yet, here's hoping to them fixing it soon.

is it a iPod Touch 2g?

- johoja - 2010-06-22

Cloaky Wrote:is it a iPod Touch 2g?

3G iPod Touch - if you know how to get it jailbroken on iOS 4, let me know.

- Cloaky - 2010-06-25

johoja Wrote:3G iPod Touch - if you know how to get it jailbroken on iOS 4, let me know.

We will have to wait : (

- SaticICE - 2010-06-27

I have iOS4 jailbroken on 3GS - if anybody needs anything testing - LET ME KNOW!

- johoja - 2010-06-27

SaticICE Wrote:I have iOS4 jailbroken on 3GS - if anybody needs anything testing - LET ME KNOW!

Does the app still work ? I have a 3g ipod touch, can't jailbreak it yet so I can't test it.

- SaticICE - 2010-06-27

johoja Wrote:Does the app still work ? I have a 3g ipod touch, can't jailbreak it yet so I can't test it.

I have not yet got round to installing it. Im going to add the source and download all bits again today and do some testing.

EDIT: Ok SysLogD and Notify Pro reinstalled. Now just to stick eventghost back on and test notifications!

EDIT EDIT: Ok. Can't get EventGhost working with txt message prompts or call prompts.

- johoja - 2010-06-27

SaticICE Wrote:I have not yet got round to installing it. Im going to add the source and download all bits again today and do some testing.

EDIT: Ok SysLogD and Notify Pro reinstalled. Now just to stick eventghost back on and test notifications!

EDIT EDIT: Ok. Can't get EventGhost working with txt message prompts or call prompts.

Is springboard crashing ?

Could you send me your syslogs please, I think the API has changed..

- SaticICE - 2010-06-29

Hi,

Sorry for the delay - got a replacement hard disk and back up to full speed now!

No Syslog created - will run through some testing today/tomorrow and update you!

- johoja - 2010-06-30

There is now an Android version available on the market search for "Notify Pro"

It doesn't have all the features that Notify Pro - iPhone does but it will eventually.

--- Don't worry I will update the iPhone App, as soon as I can jailbreak it. I do have to say though it is much easier/nicer working with Android don't even need to worry about jailbreak, can run a real background service.

- SaticICE - 2010-06-30

johoja Wrote:There is now an Android version available on the market search for "Notify Pro"

It doesn't have all the features that Notify Pro - iPhone does but it will eventually.

--- Don't worry I will update the iPhone App, as soon as I can jailbreak it. I do have to say though it is much easier/nicer working with Android don't even need to worry about jailbreak, can run a real background service.

May grab the Android version then - getting a Dell Streak shortly for my Girlfriend - can install it on that and test it! I think she would like the functions!

Well done!