Kodi Community Forum
Notify - iPhone Notification App for XBMC (send push notifications to XBMC) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Notify - iPhone Notification App for XBMC (send push notifications to XBMC) (/showthread.php?tid=64545)

- johoja - 2010-08-07

Please update and try...

- Cloaky - 2010-08-08

Sorry I had a few problems here at home, but now I am back, I can also help with some testing it if u need more help. Nice to see that u are updating it!

- SaticICE - 2010-08-08

Just tested the new private build.

It works! I can now reply to SMS's from my PC! All other features still working!

- bunaa - 2010-08-08

hi johoja,

im sry for beeing a bit offtopic... but is there a plan for supporting snarl in the future?
its similar to growl but in my eyes more comfortable and looks way better with the right skins and is more configurable!

check it out... otherwise: great tool and works fine with xbmc

- LastMile - 2010-08-09

johoja,

Any chance of adding a "test connection" button to the app? Something to manually send a notification to the host.

Would be a nice quick way of checking settings, password, etc are correct.

- johoja - 2010-08-09

LastMile Wrote:johoja,

Any chance of adding a "test connection" button to the app? Something to manually send a notification to the host.

Would be a nice quick way of checking settings, password, etc are correct.

I'll add it tonight. Do PM me, and ill give you the private repo.

- johoja - 2010-08-09

bunaa Wrote:hi johoja,

im sry for beeing a bit offtopic... but is there a plan for supporting snarl in the future?
its similar to growl but in my eyes more comfortable and looks way better with the right skins and is more configurable!

check it out... otherwise: great tool and works fine with xbmc

Most likely not, since there's no C library available for it and I would have write it from scratch.

BUT, on the snarl homepage there is this:

"Paw 2: An application which listens for GNTP notifications (which is the protocol used by Growl for Windows) and forwards them to Snarl. This means additional to the apps with Snarl support you now also can use those apps which have a Growl integration on Windows (Growl for Mac does not use GNTP for the current official release but soon will too). A special thanks goes to Brian Dunnington (the developer of Growl for Windows) for providing the DLLs to get this working."

So you could use that. Hope that helps.

- kofman13 - 2010-08-10

is this app compatible with 4.0?

- johoja - 2010-08-10

kofman13 Wrote:is this app compatible with 4.0?

It is, but haven't released the fixes yet.

- kofman13 - 2010-08-10

so u mean you are working on 4.0 version but its not out yet?

- johoja - 2010-08-10

kofman13 Wrote:so u mean you are working on 4.0 version but its not out yet?

if you want to test the 4.0 version you can pm me

- kofman13 - 2010-08-10

ill buy it right now if it works with 4.0 ! haha

- kofman13 - 2010-08-10

i just pm'd u but it says zero sent items in inbox so i dunno if it messaged you..

growl won't detect notify pro - nartac - 2010-08-10

so I purchased notify pro long time ago and keep updating through cydia and was working fine. This past weekend my iphone went bonkers so had to reinstall v3.1.3. I downloaded notify pro again through cydia. Went through configuration and when I went to type in my password and then press done, the password doesn't seem to "stay".

Is this normal to see the grey "password" word when I go back to the setup menu or should it have the dots representing my password?

I'm using the latest version 1.43

Your input is appreciated.

- nartac - 2010-08-10

nartac Wrote:so I purchased notify pro long time ago and keep updating through cydia and was working fine. This past weekend my iphone went bonkers so had to reinstall v3.1.3. I downloaded notify pro again through cydia. Went through configuration and when I went to type in my password and then press done, the password doesn't seem to "stay".

Is this normal to see the grey "password" word when I go back to the setup menu or should it have the dots representing my password?

I'm using the latest version 1.43

Your input is appreciated.

OK. I figured it out. If I entered the password in the password box and then press done, the password will not keep. BUT if I enter the password and then click on another boxes like IP address or Title, then the password is kept and turns into dots. You can then click on done and it works from there on.