Kodi Community Forum
Notify - iPhone Notification App for XBMC (send push notifications to XBMC) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Notify - iPhone Notification App for XBMC (send push notifications to XBMC) (/showthread.php?tid=64545)

- davidmaiden - 2010-09-20

I've been using notify pro for a while now with Notify.io there pair have been fantastic in allowing me to see my texts/who has called me in work while my mobile has to stay at home. A few collegues are interested in it and i've told them I will demo it for them.

However I have a bug and I am not sure if this is a Notify.io bug of with the new version of Notfiy Pro, only missed call notifications are not coming though despite being switched on in settings. My SMS and Mail are coming through no problems and I am sure this was working in the previous version.

Any help would be appreciated.

Also - feature request, would it be possible to retain the email subject in the notify.io notification?

Ive been doing a bit of testing and have un-instaled 'lockinfo' and deleted its settings file, and even then if i get a missed call I dont get the notification bubble on my lockscreen telling me about it. I've looked everywhere in settings and I can't find an option that switches this off like you can with text message as their preview. Any help would be appreciated.

- johoja - 2010-09-20

davidmaiden Wrote:I've been using notify pro for a while now with Notify.io there pair have been fantastic in allowing me to see my texts/who has called me in work while my mobile has to stay at home. A few collegues are interested in it and i've told them I will demo it for them.

However I have a bug and I am not sure if this is a Notify.io bug of with the new version of Notfiy Pro, only missed call notifications are not coming though despite being switched on in settings. My SMS and Mail are coming through no problems and I am sure this was working in the previous version.

Any help would be appreciated.

Also - feature request, would it be possible to retain the email subject in the notify.io notification?

Hey just trying to understand the problem here. Are you saying incoming call notifications are not showing up on notify.io? Or are missed call pop ups not showing up on the phone itself? Notify pro should not effect those if that's what your saying is the problem.

There was a program called Popup Blocker which did that.

Is anyone else seeing this problem? ?

- johoja - 2010-09-20

iorifly Wrote:I'm getting the following error message when I test script!

Traceback (most recent call last):
Python script "31", line 20, in <module>
if parts [2] == "CallAccept":
IndexError: list index out of range

Another thing when I make a Dial-Up xbmc pause, but when he did not finish back! and when he also did not get back, please I really want to see it work!

Im a little unsure what your saying but could you pastebin.ca the script you're using so I can see if there are errors in it.

- johoja - 2010-09-20

MadMan29729 Wrote:bug report!!

i have a contact called "Imperial Pool & Patio" in contacts.app well everytime i get a push notification from IM+ it somehow switches that to "Imperial Pool & Patio"

UPDATE: i have BUGGY as the First Name and Imperial Pool & Patio as the Company Name it shows the First Name & if first name is blank it will show (NULL) on the notification

its really annoying!!

UPDATE: looks like if it one of the names start with "im" then it screws up! (First, Last, or company name)

Is the bug only effecting push notifications? Or SMS / call as well.

I'm a little confused on what your saying. Could you show me a screen shot of the push notification and what the bug is.

- johoja - 2010-09-20

davidmaiden Wrote:Also - feature request, would it be possible to retain the email subject in the notify.io notification?

Okay I remember I actually removed this because of extra long subject lines being annoying to me...but the code is still there so I can unable it if you want.

johoja Wrote:Hey just trying to understand the problem here. Are you saying incoming call notifications are not showing up on notify.io? Or are missed call pop ups not showing up on the phone itself? Notify pro should not effect those if that's what your saying is the problem.

There was a program called Popup Blocker which did that.

Is anyone else seeing this problem? ?

Correct! call notifications only are not showing up in notify.io, but also I note that call notifications in the traditional iOS style are not showing up on the lockscreen either. It was either my assumption or understanding that Notify Pro used or latched onto the same mechanism that brings about these kind of popups i.e. for texts, push notifications etc.

So my thinking was perhaps the two issues are related.

I don't have a popup blocker installed. the only think that I have installed (to my knowledge that can block popups is Lockinfo....but I've uninstalled that and deleted the associated settings file.

johoja Wrote:Okay I remember I actually removed this because of extra long subject lines being annoying to me...but the code is still there so I can unable it if you want.

Hmm, I can see that being annoying also. Swings and roundabouts really. But personally when the whole email does not come through to notify.io anyway IO feel the subject is more important for identification of what the email is/about.

Sounds like it would best be a subject on/off option.

johoja Wrote:Im a little unsure what your saying but could you pastebin.ca the script you're using so I can see if there are errors in it.

ok I'm quite techy but you'll have to give me a rough guide here on what you would like me to do.

- johoja - 2010-09-20

MadMan29729 Wrote:bug report!!

i have a contact called "Imperial Pool & Patio" in contacts.app well everytime i get a push notification from IM+ it somehow switches that to "Imperial Pool & Patio"

UPDATE: i have BUGGY as the First Name and Imperial Pool & Patio as the Company Name it shows the First Name & if first name is blank it will show (NULL) on the notification

its really annoying!!

UPDATE: looks like if it one of the names start with "im" then it screws up! (First, Last, or company name)

davidmaiden Wrote:ok I'm quite techy but you'll have to give me a rough guide here on what you would like me to do.

I was replying to the other Guy about the script.

- johoja - 2010-09-20

davidmaiden Wrote:Correct! call notifications only are not showing up in notify.io, but also I note that call notifications in the traditional iOS style are not showing up on the lockscreen either. It was either my assumption or understanding that Notify Pro used or latched onto the same mechanism that brings about these kind of popups i.e. for texts, push notifications etc.

So my thinking was perhaps the two issues are related.

I don't have a popup blocker installed. the only think that I have installed (to my knowledge that can block popups is Lockinfo....but I've uninstalled that and deleted the associated settings file.

For call events I don't rely on the popups. I will need to see your syslog though. Which version of fw do u have and version of Notify pro. Could u email me the info along with the syslog to [email protected].

It's hard to follow a support conversation here.

johoja - iorifly - 2010-09-21

Iphone fw 3.1.2

Sorry my bad English, is that I am Brazilian and I'm using google translator.
plus the script I'm using is this:

I want that when someone call me and I answer and when I pause xbmc xbmc play off!

Thanks for the help

---------------
import urllib, urllib2
import base64
import re

Host Info XBMC # # # #

host = "10.1.0.101:8080"
username = 'xbmc'
password = 'xbmc'

#####

event = eg.event.suffix
parts = event.split ("::")

Incoming Call Handling ######### ##########

if parts [2] == "CallAccept":
baseurl = "http://" + host + "/ xbmcCmds / xbmcHttp? command ="
cmd = "getcurrentlyplaying"

url = baseurl + cmd

req = urllib2.Request (url)
if password! ='':
base64string base64.encodestring = ('% s:% s'% (username, password ))[:- 1]
AuthHeader = "Basic% s"% base64string
req.add_header ("Authorization", AuthHeader)
handle = urllib2.urlopen (req, timeout = 10)
handle.read text = ()
handle.close ()

text = re.sub (r'<[^>]*?>','', text)

if text.find ("Type: Video)! = -1 and text.find (PlayStatus: Playing") <> -1:
print "XBMC Pause Video"
eg.plugins.XBMC.Pause ()

if text.find ("Type: Audio")! = -1 and text.find (PlayStatus: Playing ") <> -1:
print "Lower Volume"
eg.plugins.System.SetMasterVolume (18.0, 0)

Call ######### ########## End Handling

if parts [2] == "Callender":
baseurl = "http://" + host + "/ xbmcCmds / xbmcHttp? command ="

url = baseurl + cmd

if password! ='':
handle.read text = ()
handle.close ()

if text.find ("Type: Video)! = -1 and text.find (PlayStatus: Paused") <> -1:
print "XBMC Video Resume"
eg.plugins.XBMC.Play ()

print "Raise Volume"
eg.plugins.System.SetMasterVolume (100.0, 0)

######### ########## CallDialed Handling

if parts [2] == "CallDialed":
baseurl = "http://" + host + "/ xbmcCmds / xbmcHttp?" command = "

url = baseurl + cmd

if password! ='':
handle.read text = ()
handle.close ()

if text.find ("Type: Video)! = -1 and text.find (PlayStatus: Playing") <> -1:
print "XBMC Pause Video"
eg.plugins.XBMC.Pause ()

print "Lower Volume"
eg.plugins.System.SetMasterVolume (18.0, 0)

######### ######### SMS Handling

if parts [2] == "sms":
if parts [3] == "REPLACE THIS TEXT WITH CONTACT NAME":
if parts [4] == "xbmc":
eg.plugins.System.Execute (u'C: \ \ Program Files (x86) \ XBMC \ XBMC.exe ', u'', 0, False, 2, u'')
if parts [4] == "Hibernate":
eg.plugins.System.Hibernate (True)
if parts [4] == "PC Off:
eg.plugins.System.PowerDown (True)
Ouvir
Ler foneticamenteDicionário - Ver dicionário detalhado

- davidmaiden - 2010-09-21

johoja Wrote:For call events I don't rely on the popups. I will need to see your syslog though. Which version of fw do u have and version of Notify pro. Could u email me the info along with the syslog to [email protected].

It's hard to follow a support conversation here.

I am iOS 4.0.1 and have Notify Pro v1.51.

Where on the phone would I find the syslog? Do I need to run anything or do anything with Notify pro to generate it?

Notify.io seems to be broken at the moment in case you didn't know.

- johoja - 2010-09-21

davidmaiden Wrote:I am iOS 4.0.1 and have Notify Pro v1.51.

Where on the phone would I find the syslog? Do I need to run anything or do anything with Notify pro to generate it?

Notify.io seems to be broken at the moment in case you didn't know.

It should be in in the /var/log folder on your phone, if it's not there you need to install the syslogd package in Cydia.

Yeah Notify.io seems to be going down a lot I'm in touch with the developer hopefully I can help them make it more stable.

- davidmaiden - 2010-09-21

johoja Wrote:It should be in in the /var/log folder on your phone, if it's not there you need to install the syslogd package in Cydia.

Yeah Notify.io seems to be going down a lot I'm in touch with the developer hopefully I can help them make it more stable.

Ok, I've found it (already had syslog installed) but it's 238MB!!!