Kodi Community Forum
Notify - iPhone Notification App for XBMC (send push notifications to XBMC) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Notify - iPhone Notification App for XBMC (send push notifications to XBMC) (/showthread.php?tid=64545)

- davidmaiden - 2010-10-06

dyerucf Wrote:Any thoughts on adding support for http://notifo.com/, seems to be much more stable them notify.io...

+1

I'd be interested in that if it offers the same as notify.io as notify.io is down probably 30-40% of the time at a guess, which is fair enough with it being Alpha state

- johoja - 2010-10-06

davidmaiden Wrote:+1

I'd be interested in that if it offers the same as notify.io as notify.io is down probably 30-40% of the time at a guess, which is fair enough with it being Alpha state

I've been looking into it for a while I don't like their API but I'll see if I can add it.

Also keep in mind there doesnt look like there is a Windows client for this.

Is there a lot of demand for this ?

- johoja - 2010-10-07

dyerucf Wrote:Any thoughts on adding support for http://notifo.com/, seems to be much more stable them notify.io...

Added support in beta repo probably buggy, seems to work for me email me issues.

- johoja - 2010-10-07

Cloaky Wrote:Uhmmm, didn't know that : )

Here is another update to my script:
http://pastebin.com/5VQ4zvut

Now it checks if iTunes is running, so it won't start iTunes if u get a notification while it is closed.

EDIT:
I added a few contacts with special characters ó á í ã and they are getting bugged when sent to EG "HTTP.XXXx::Silent::CallDeclined::Casás Nodra::"
it should be Casás Nodra

EDIT2:
it shows right on growl tho.

Unfortunately i've known about that problem and have never been able to fix it Sad .

- SaticICE - 2010-10-10

Ok, want to use Notify.IO for ease of setup now.
I have iOS 4.1, iPhone 4 and Latest Jailbreak (not hacktivated and my phone is unlocked).

I have setup NotifyPRO to only use Notify.IO put my email address in.
I am using NIOW (NotifyIO For Windows) that goes into Growl.
All working from Notify.IO site as I get the debug texts through. But nothing comes from my phone.

No logs yet as I have not yet reinstalled the log package (will do shortly).

Edit: Rebooted and now it works! Dunno if settings got saved until I rebooted or what!

But - Working now! Now should be able to ping my PC from outsite the network.

- johoja - 2010-10-10

SaticICE Wrote:Ok, want to use Notify.IO for ease of setup now.
I have iOS 4.1, iPhone 4 and Latest Jailbreak (not hacktivated and my phone is unlocked).

I have setup NotifyPRO to only use Notify.IO put my email address in.
I am using NIOW (NotifyIO For Windows) that goes into Growl.
All working from Notify.IO site as I get the debug texts through. But nothing comes from my phone.

No logs yet as I have not yet reinstalled the log package (will do shortly).

You should probably use Growl For Windows built-in support for Notify.io, no need to use a seperate app.

Add a subscription to notify.io from within Growl For Windows, its in the networks tab, click the + button.

Try that.

- SaticICE - 2010-10-11

Boy do I feel silly! So it does!

Just done that - thank you johoja!

- johoja - 2010-10-11

SaticICE Wrote:Boy do I feel silly! So it does!

Just done that - thank you johoja!

No problem it's a pretty hidden feature. Smile But it's good.

Does anyone here have an iPhone4, I think there are activation issues (if you install from clean it can't activate) can anyone with an iPhone4 test that for me? I want to see if I can try and fix it too. I don't have an iPhone4 so can't do it myself.

- stoli - 2010-10-11

johoja Wrote:Does anyone here have an iPhone4, I think there are activation issues (if you install from clean it can't activate) can anyone with an iPhone4 test that for me? I want to see if I can try and fix it too. I don't have an iPhone4 so can't do it myself.

This has to be a fresh install, right? Even after a restore and fresh jailbreak I did not have to activate on iphone4 running 4.1.

- johoja - 2010-10-11

stoli Wrote:This has to be a fresh install, right? Even after a restore and fresh jailbreak I did not have to activate on iphone4 running 4.1.

Yeah fresh install might even need to delete this file /var/mobile/Library/Prefrences/com.johoja.notifypro

A lot of *new* iphone4 users are having issues activating don't know why.

- Slipx - 2010-10-11

johoja Wrote:Yeah fresh install might even need to delete this file /var/mobile/Library/Prefrences/com.johoja.notifypro

A lot of *new* iphone4 users are having issues activating don't know why.

I'm getting an activation error on my iphone 4. The package is officially purchased. How do I fix this?

Ok I managed to activate. Deleted the above preferences file. Resprung, then clicked activate. Resprung again.

- SaticICE - 2010-10-11

I just jailbroke my iPhone 4 needed to activate and it worked without issues.

- johoja - 2010-10-11

SaticICE Wrote:I just jailbroke my iPhone 4 needed to activate and it worked without issues.

I'm not to sure why some people have issues. Oh well. I'll make some changes see if it helps or not.

How's notify.io working out for you? I find it to be better than using straight growl. Only problem is that notify.io goes down sometimes Sad But I think it's getting better.

help !! - iorifly - 2010-10-12

Dear,

I would enjoy and thank all the help we have received from Joho, by email, and would ask a help, for I am with the following problem.
eventghost works in the TIME! but the warning xbmc take long to appear! sometimes i already finished the call that appears!

- SaticICE - 2010-10-12

johoja Wrote:I'm not to sure why some people have issues. Oh well. I'll make some changes see if it helps or not.

How's notify.io working out for you? I find it to be better than using straight growl. Only problem is that notify.io goes down sometimes Sad But I think it's getting better.

Yeah, working well! I seem to get my notifications through correctly!
I like it as I can tell notify.io to deliver to different places if the need arises without changing any settings on my phone.