Kodi Community Forum
Notify - iPhone Notification App for XBMC (send push notifications to XBMC) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Notify - iPhone Notification App for XBMC (send push notifications to XBMC) (/showthread.php?tid=64545)

Alarm bug? - nartac - 2010-10-13

Hi johoja,

I was running firmware 3.1.3 with notify pro v1.51 installed and was working just fine. Yesterday, I installed a custom firmware 4.0.1 and after installing all the softwares, my alarm unfortunately auto-snoozed itself at the designated time resulting for me to being late for work, LOL. I figured that it was a bug of the firmware and decided to update to custom 4.1 firmware with snowbreeze. After installing the firmware and all the softwares, I tested my alarm again and it does the same thing. The alarm basically auto-snoozed (or turned off by itself) at the designated time. I spent a little googling to see if people have same problem with either firmwares but no reports were found. I then fresh installed custom firmware 4.1 again and tested the alarm and it works as it should.

I then figured probably one of the softwares might cause the problem. I installed all of app store softwares and my alarm worked fine. Afterwards, I started to install each of my cydia softwares one by one and reboot each time and test my alarm to reproduce the same problem. Yes it was time consuming but I wanted to find out which software was the cause of this. Unfortunately after installing notify pro and reboot, the alarm started doing the auto-snooze thing. I then uninstalled notify pro and reboot even after cydia ask to respring and my alarm works as normal.

Can you please look into this bug. Thanks

- johoja - 2010-10-13

nartac Wrote:I then figured probably one of the softwares might cause the problem. I installed all of app store softwares and my alarm worked fine. Afterwards, I started to install each of my cydia softwares one by one and reboot each time and test my alarm to reproduce the same problem. Yes it was time consuming but I wanted to find out which software was the cause of this. Unfortunately after installing notify pro and reboot, the alarm started doing the auto-snooze thing. I then uninstalled notify pro and reboot even after cydia ask to respring and my alarm works as normal.

Can you please look into this bug. Thanks

Does anyone else have this problem first I've heard of it not susure how my app would effect the alarm clock

- stoli - 2010-10-13

johoja Wrote:Does anyone else have this problem first I've heard of it not susure how my app would effect the alarm clock

I just tested on iOS 4.1 / iPhone 4 and alarm works just fine (jailbreak via limera1n).

- johoja - 2010-10-13

stoli Wrote:I just tested on iOS 4.1 / iPhone 4 and alarm works just fine (jailbreak via limera1n).

Same works fine for me as well on ipod touch 3g, 4.1 with limera1n jailbreak.

So not to sure why it's not working for you nartac, i'm not to sure how the alarm works but notify pro is pretty unobtrusive in the way it works.

- nartac - 2010-10-13

yes, the software that I figure last to affect the alarm is notify pro.

The following are what were installed:

-current version of SBSettings
-mquickdo v1.6.2
-auto silent 4.0.0.0
-bitesms beta 5.0 (installed after removal of notify pro though)
-infinifolders v1.2-5
-insomnia pro 4.2-1
-kuaiDial v0.2.1b3-31

That's basically about it.

Could it possibly due to custom firmware made by snowbreezeHuhHuh I am with ATT but I would rather keep the current baseband for resale value.

Forgot to add, I'm using a 3GS old boot rom 32gb.

- stoli - 2010-10-13

Try yanking out autosilent - I had all kinds of problems with that app.

- nartac - 2010-10-14

stoli Wrote:Try yanking out autosilent - I had all kinds of problems with that app.

Yup. I uninstalled auto silent and rebooted. Then installed notify pro and resprung. Alarm works perfect as it should.

Is there a conflict or something between AS and NP? Granted I have just recently purchased AS, it has worked perfectly for me since I bought it. No problem between AS and NP on 3.1.3 but both of these programs together caused the alarm to go bonkers on firmware 4.x.

I might go back to 3.1.3 as I can't live without either programs, LOL.

- johoja - 2010-10-14

nartac Wrote:Yup. I uninstalled auto silent and rebooted. Then installed notify pro and resprung. Alarm works perfect as it should.

Is there a conflict or something between AS and NP? Granted I have just recently purchased AS, it has worked perfectly for me since I bought it. No problem between AS and NP on 3.1.3 but both of these programs together caused the alarm to go bonkers on firmware 4.x.

I might go back to 3.1.3 as I can't live without either programs, LOL.

Maybe Auto Silent is not iOS 4 compatible, maybe you can contact the dev. Either way I don't think this is a Notify Pro issue, I'd perfer not to clutter this thread up more than it already is Smile.

- nartac - 2010-10-14

roger that and I think now that you are 100% right that it is not NP issue. AS 4.0.0.0 was advertized as ios4 compatible but I'll contact the dev regarding the problem. Thanks

- iorifly - 2010-10-14

Could there be a way of putting pictures of who is calling ...

- stoli - 2010-10-14

iorifly Wrote:Could there be a way of putting pictures of who is calling ...

If you have a pic associated with the contact on the phone it should show up in the pop-up.

- iorifly - 2010-10-15

stoli Wrote:If you have a pic associated with the contact on the phone it should show up in the pop-up.

Friend, do not understand how this could happen!

I'm just using the notification and eventgost xbmc ....

I'm not using notifi.oi have to use?

- iorifly - 2010-10-15

Please need help to display the image, when someone calls me

- stoli - 2010-10-15

iorifly Wrote:Please need help to display the image, when someone calls me

I'm not using eventghost, just NotifyPro on my iPhone sending direct to xbmc. The pics associated with my iphone contacts are sent to xbmc and display in the notification.

- dirtyid - 2010-10-15

NVM, anyone know if you can subscribe to multiple sources? i.e. gchat + growl