Kodi Community Forum
Notify - iPhone Notification App for XBMC (send push notifications to XBMC) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Notify - iPhone Notification App for XBMC (send push notifications to XBMC) (/showthread.php?tid=64545)

- rcracer313 - 2011-04-13

Ok now I can't get it to duplicate the problem. If I can I will let you know

- johoja - 2011-04-13

rcracer313 Wrote:Ok now I can't get it to duplicate the problem. If I can I will let you know

No worries, if you do just send me the log.

Eg setup - lennon105 - 2011-04-16

Hi

The video that shows the EG setup is gone. Can someone please re-post it or post a quick how-to:

I'm using the Plugin Webserver but I;m not sure on the settings and I cant get any event to log. Everything works fine in XBMC.

Thanks

- johoja - 2011-04-17

lennon105 Wrote:Hi

The video that shows the EG setup is gone. Can someone please re-post it or post a quick how-to:

I'm using the Plugin Webserver but I;m not sure on the settings and I cant get any event to log. Everything works fine in XBMC.

Thanks

sorry about the lack of video in general when you add the webserver plugin it asks you what the directory for the webserver will be ... make sure you set it to something that exists .. i.e) c:\notifyPro\ .

Then in that directory c:\notifyPro\ create a file called 'empty' no extention i.e not empty.txt. just empty. .... after that you should be able to point NP to your ip address and port of the webserver.

- rickardkk - 2011-04-17

Does Notify Pro work with iOS 4.3.2?

- flamez - 2011-04-21

rickardkk Wrote:Does Notify Pro work with iOS 4.3.2?

does it?

- excy - 2011-05-09

I'm running it on 4.3.3 and it seems to work fine.

There is the occasional crash of springboard when receiving an SMS though.

I only have it set up for xbmc and growl, but neither device is running all the time.

- johoja - 2011-05-09

excy Wrote:I'm running it on 4.3.3 and it seems to work fine.

There is the occasional crash of springboard when receiving an SMS though.

I only have it set up for xbmc and growl, but neither device is running all the time.

Could you send me the syslog of the crash please?

- excy - 2011-05-09

johoja Wrote:Could you send me the syslog of the crash please?

I've just enabled syslogd. I've had around 1 crash a day since the weekend, so I'll try and reproduce it this week.

- excy - 2011-05-12

excy Wrote:I've just enabled syslogd. I've had around 1 crash a day since the weekend, so I'll try and reproduce it this week.

I have a few crashes with Mail, which notify pro is mentioned in the syslog, however it may or may not be the culprit but these never happened before I installed notify pro:

http://pastebin.com/xyAuP2YU

I'm running on ios 4.3.3 on an iphone4.

- johoja - 2011-05-12

excy Wrote:I have a few crashes with Mail, which notify pro is mentioned in the syslog, however it may or may not be the culprit but these never happened before I installed notify pro:

http://pastebin.com/xyAuP2YU

I'm running on ios 4.3.3 on an iphone4.

Hrm, I dont think it's an error with notify pro either that or I don't see anything obvious.....maybe it's lockinfo ?

Anything you were doing when it crashed ?

- jackmeehan - 2011-05-25

@johoja: Could you make the "Pause" feature automatically resume on CallEnd and CallDeclined aswel as pause? And maybe a user definable delay?

I currently run my HTPC on a windows based machine and use eventghost to pause video and resume again 3 seconds after CallEnd. If this functionality was built into notify pro I could switch to an XBMC Live setup.

- johoja - 2011-05-25

jackmeehan Wrote:@johoja: Could you make the "Pause" feature automatically resume on CallEnd and CallDeclined aswel as pause? And maybe a user definable delay?

I currently run my HTPC on a windows based machine and use eventghost to pause video and resume again 3 seconds after CallEnd. If this functionality was built into notify pro I could switch to an XBMC Live setup.

I thought the pause on play already did that ... ?

- jackmeehan - 2011-05-25

johoja Wrote:I thought the pause on play already did that ... ?
Not for me anyway... I just double checked. It pauses media but does not resume.

I'm on iOS 4.3.1 and 10.1 Dharma

Edit: Forgot to mention I am running NP 1.64.

- johoja - 2011-06-01

jackmeehan Wrote:Not for me anyway... I just double checked. It pauses media but does not resume.

I'm on iOS 4.3.1 and 10.1 Dharma

Edit: Forgot to mention I am running NP 1.64.

Okay I will look into this.

Sorry I haven't had much time lately, ( day job, and wedding planing) has kept me busy for the last little while.

Should have more time soon. But since I know you've been using this since the 1.0 day so I will take a look at this tonight after work. =]

In the meantime could you please send me your syslog files when you receive a call, and when you end the call , etc.

I don't have an iPhone, (only an ipod touch) so I can't simulate those things.