Kodi Community Forum
Notify - iPhone Notification App for XBMC (send push notifications to XBMC) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Notify - iPhone Notification App for XBMC (send push notifications to XBMC) (/showthread.php?tid=64545)

- jackmeehan - 2011-06-01

johoja Wrote:Okay I will look into this.

Sorry I haven't had much time lately, ( day job, and wedding planing) has kept me busy for the last little while.

Should have more time soon. But since I know you've been using this since the 1.0 day so I will take a look at this tonight after work. =]

In the meantime could you please send me your syslog files when you receive a call, and when you end the call , etc.

I don't have an iPhone, (only an ipod touch) so I can't simulate those things.
First of all, congrats on the wedding! That's great news.

Second, I just checked my syslog and it is 103mb (!) so let me just create a new one.

Lastly, still using (and loving) NP all the time. Amazing app. You have at least 3 other customers as per my recommendation Tongue

- johoja - 2011-06-02

jackmeehan Wrote:First of all, congrats on the wedding! That's great news.

Second, I just checked my syslog and it is 103mb (!) so let me just create a new one.

Lastly, still using (and loving) NP all the time. Amazing app. You have at least 3 other customers as per my recommendation Tongue

Hah ! Thanks Smile

I've emailed you for some more info, thanks for the word of mouth promotion Smile

- paul elder - 2011-06-02

Just reading this for the first time looks good. I have tried to click on links in the first post but no go. Two things for me is do you buy this from the app store, and how do you install this to work with xbmc. If there is a how to can someone link me to it thanks

Paul

- johoja - 2011-06-02

paul elder Wrote:Just reading this for the first time looks good. I have tried to click on links in the first post but no go. Two things for me is do you buy this from the app store, and how do you install this to work with xbmc. If there is a how to can someone link me to it thanks

Paul

App Store does not allow this app. It's available on the cydia store for jailbroken devices.

- jackmeehan - 2011-06-02

johoja Wrote:Hah ! Thanks Smile

I've emailed you for some more info, thanks for the word of mouth promotion Smile
Thanks, if you need any more info let me know

- paul elder - 2011-06-06

I take it if my I phone is not jailbroken I can't use this app??

Help with Notfyi Pro and Eventghost - lennon105 - 2011-07-10

Need a little help....

I have EG seeing events such as....
HTTP.Pauls Iphone 4:Confusedilent::CallIncoming::Mary Sue::

And I can create any action within XBMC for that even"t. BUT, how do i get it to work with ANY caller? I've tried the normal wildcard such as...
HTTP.Pauls Iphone 4:Confusedilent::CallIncoming::*::

Doesn't work.... ANY help would be great!

Thanks

- johoja - 2011-07-12

lennon105 Wrote:Need a little help....

I have EG seeing events such as....
HTTP.Pauls Iphone 4:Confusedilent::CallIncoming::Mary Sue::

And I can create any action within XBMC for that even"t. BUT, how do i get it to work with ANY caller? I've tried the normal wildcard such as...
HTTP.Pauls Iphone 4:Confusedilent::CallIncoming::*::

Doesn't work.... ANY help would be great!

Thanks

Hey,

I think that's a limitation of EventGhost, to get around it you can do a wildcard at the HTTP.* level and handle everything else in the python script.

- Jocamero - 2011-07-17

Hello, I have NotifyPro running on my iPhone to push Growl notifications to my MBP and it works great. Thanks!

Is it possible to duplicate this functionality and send call/SMS notifications from my iPhone to my iPad?

(if this isn't the appropriate thread for these types of questions please redirect me. Thanks!)

- jackmeehan - 2011-07-17

Jocamero Wrote:Is it possible to duplicate this functionality and send call/SMS notifications from my iPhone to my iPad?

+1

Was gonna request this myself!

A client on the iPad to receive the notifications would be excellent. And maybe even reply to texts directly from iPad? I would pay extra for the iPad client.

- Bustercat - 2011-07-19

Edit: Got it working with notify.io.
Anybody else getting repeated messages about the notify.io client being deprecated? I have the most recent ones i could find... every five minutes it asks me to upgrade, but downloading what's at the end of the link takes me nowhere.

- mason - 2011-07-19

a warning for all ipad2 users. i gave it a shot on my jailbreaked ipad2 (bought it from cydia) seems to work fine with xbmc until i restarted the pad. then it fucked up the springboard, and rebooted if i tried to start anything. needed to rebuild the device via DFU mode and lost everything.after several restores i found out its clearly notify pro, even with a maiden install without anything. be sure to have ssh installed on your pad, then you can ssh into the device and remove the package via dpkg. to sad if found this out when i allready lost everything.

@johoja any comments? would love to see this working, killerfeature.

- johoja - 2011-07-19

mason Wrote:a warning for all ipad2 users. i gave it a shot on my jailbreaked ipad2 (bought it from cydia) seems to work fine with xbmc until i restarted the pad. then it fucked up the springboard, and rebooted if i tried to start anything. needed to rebuild the device via DFU mode and lost everything.after several restores i found out its clearly notify pro, even with a maiden install without anything. be sure to have ssh installed on your pad, then you can ssh into the device and remove the package via dpkg. to sad if found this out when i allready lost everything.

@johoja any comments? would love to see this working, killerfeature.

I just bought and ipad2 last week, will try it out. getting back into this now should have some updates soon.

- johoja - 2011-07-19

jackmeehan Wrote:+1

Was gonna request this myself!

A client on the iPad to receive the notifications would be excellent. And maybe even reply to texts directly from iPad? I would pay extra for the iPad client.

should be able to receive messages using notifo.com support in notify pro. i.e) notify pro installed on iphone, setup to forward messages to notifo.com, notifo client installed on ipad.

Should work, have not tried it though Smile .

- johoja - 2011-07-19

Bustercat Wrote:Edit: Got it working with notify.io.
Anybody else getting repeated messages about the notify.io client being deprecated? I have the most recent ones i could find... every five minutes it asks me to upgrade, but downloading what's at the end of the link takes me nowhere.

I'm assuming your on Windows? If so, use Growl for Windows

http://www.growlforwindows.com/gfw/

It has native support for notify.io ( check under the network tab in GfW, and add a subscription to your notify.io account ).