Kodi Community Forum
Notify - iPhone Notification App for XBMC (send push notifications to XBMC) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Notify - iPhone Notification App for XBMC (send push notifications to XBMC) (/showthread.php?tid=64545)

- johoja - 2011-07-20

mason Wrote:johoja of course push notifications, love the feature to get twitter pushes and mails send to the tv without looking on the pad if its something important since the android app only supports calls and sms, so with this working on the pad I'm always on top of things Wink

edit: I think i had that installed, but as far as i see it this only fixes the pdf exploit. After rebooting the device the icons on the springpad where out of order with hughe gapes between, the devices was locked in portrait mode, also the keyboard (swipping to the whole left) where stuck in the 'iphone' variant and starting anything resulted in a crash.

Ok will look into it.

- johoja - 2011-07-22

Hey Guys,

Just thought I'd give an update. I'm going to be adding support for 'DeskSMS' so hopefully it will be a pretty awesome feature Smile. Just waiting on the API to be released. Pretty big feature but I'm pretty excited Smile.

http://app.net/desktopsms

It's currently for Android, but I'm hoping I can make the iPhone client for it. If any of you have an Android phone, I highly recommend this app.

- jackmeehan - 2011-07-22

johoja Wrote:Hey Guys,

Just thought I'd give an update. I'm going to be adding support for 'DeskSMS' so hopefully it will be a pretty awesome feature Smile. Just waiting on the API to be released. Pretty big feature but I'm pretty excited Smile.

http://app.net/desktopsms

It's currently for Android, but I'm hoping I can make the iPhone client for it. If any of you have an Android phone, I highly recommend this app.
I'm Liking the look of that. So the client would be built into NP? Or a separate app?

Can you send new SMS from gmail then, or only reply to incoming ones?

This would be a nice solution for iPad SMS'ing, however it still requires push notifications & Internet connection to be working 100% to be efficient.

- johoja - 2011-07-22

jackmeehan Wrote:I'm Liking the look of that. So the client would be built into NP? Or a separate app?

Can you send new SMS from gmail then, or only reply to incoming ones?

This would be a nice solution for iPad SMS'ing, however it still requires push notifications & Internet connection to be working 100% to be efficient.

The way DeskSMS works on android is, once it's up and running you get a email adddress & google talk contact for each contact you have, and you can always email that contact, or IM that contact, and it will be sent your phone, and then from your phone it will be smsed out.

Still need to work out how it will work.

johoja Wrote:The way DeskSMS works on android is, once it's up and running you get a email adddress & google talk contact for each contact you have, and you can always email that contact, or IM that contact, and it will be sent your phone, and then from your phone it will be smsed out.

Still need to work out how it will work.
Was this what you had in mind for iPad or is there something else?

- johoja - 2011-07-22

jackmeehan Wrote:Was this what you had in mind for iPad or is there something else?

Yes, mostly.

1.64 is out on beta repo

Changes:

*Add Resume Video on Call End for XBMC (not tested) (In NP Settings new toggle switch)
*Fix ToggleCell issue for notifo Add Host.

I had to build from scratch so not sure if i have the environment setup correctly please let me know if everything is working as it should

Updated to 1.65 beta. The settings app won't launch, it crashes instantly. iOS 4.3.1 iPhone 4

- johoja - 2011-07-22

jackmeehan Wrote:Updated to 1.65 beta. The settings app won't launch, it crashes instantly. iOS 4.3.1 iPhone 4

Putting up 1.66 should fix it.

Syslog emailed

- johoja - 2011-07-22

jackmeehan Wrote:Syslog emailed

Try 1.66 should fix it.

johoja Wrote:Try 1.66 should fix it.
Downloading now. I'm using sh1tty GPRS Internet connection so I'm getting download speeds of like 5kb/s it's so depressing. It takes about 7 minutes to refresh sources in Cydia!!

Ok, the notifo add host is fixed.
Resume on CallEnd is not working though. Both a CallDecline and CallEnd are being reported as Incoming Call to XBMC.

- johoja - 2011-07-22

jackmeehan Wrote:Downloading now. I'm using sh1tty GPRS Internet connection so I'm getting download speeds of like 5kb/s it's so depressing. It takes about 7 minutes to refresh sources in Cydia!!

Ok, the notifo add host is fixed.
Resume on CallEnd is not working though. Both a CallDecline and CallEnd are being reported as Incoming Call to XBMC.

Hrm, yeah that's just a logging message though it should still issue a play command, can you send me the full syslog for that. Does it pause correctly on incoming call?

johoja Wrote:Hrm, yeah that's just a logging message though it should still issue a play command, can you send me the full syslog for that. Does it pause correctly on incoming call?
Syslog sent. Yes it pauses on incoming call. Does not resume on callDeclined either

- jackmeehan - 2011-07-23

@johoja you should check out treasonSMS two. It's very good, it creates a webserver on iPhone for SMS. You log into it from any browser, including iPad, and it has a very nice UI for sending and receiving SMS.

It would be great if NP could interact with it; SMS alerts appear on iPad (over the Local Network) and all it would need to do is open a URL when tapped. This could replace the DeskSMS concept - much easier to implement and a much nicer UI than standard email.

Of course, this is just my opinion Tongue

- mason - 2011-07-25

@johoja anything regarding my problems fixed in these versions ?