Kodi Community Forum
Notify - iPhone Notification App for XBMC (send push notifications to XBMC) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Notify - iPhone Notification App for XBMC (send push notifications to XBMC) (/showthread.php?tid=64545)

TXT bug - zosky - 2011-08-02

our server fires emails to <myCell#>@<myCarrier>.com, then they push TXTs to my phone and NP fires it to xbmc. the carrier changed something in may... now NP doesn't work ... as well as it did... these TXTs use to arrived from a 5-digit-short-code & otherwise look normal. NOW, they are from <my.Email@address> & message.text is NULL ... the body is being stored in another table (msg_pieces.data ... not sure why)

would you please fix 2 issues with these automated TXTs

1. IF message.text is NULL SELECT msg_pieces.data WHERE message.ROWID = msg_pieces.message_Id ... that's not SQL but i hope it makes sense Smile
2. also find the contact pix for <Email@address>

i hope that's not too much trouble
NP rocks! thanks for all this awesome sauce !!
i've sent 2 of my friends your way & more soon

- johoja - 2011-08-04

zosky Wrote:our server fires emails to <myCell#>@<myCarrier>.com, then they push TXTs to my phone and NP fires it to xbmc. the carrier changed something in may... now NP doesn't work ... as well as it did... these TXTs use to arrived from a 5-digit-short-code & otherwise look normal. NOW, they are from <my.Email@address> & message.text is NULL ... the body is being stored in another table (msg_pieces.data ... not sure why)

would you please fix 2 issues with these automated TXTs

1. IF message.text is NULL SELECT msg_pieces.data WHERE message.ROWID = msg_pieces.message_Id ... that's not SQL but i hope it makes sense Smile
2. also find the contact pix for <Email@address>

i hope that's not too much trouble
NP rocks! thanks for all this awesome sauce !!
i've sent 2 of my friends your way & more soon

I can take a look, would be a lot easier to email me a sample email at [email protected]

- magn2o - 2011-08-08

Any chance of getting a custom notification option, whereas I can specify the text sent?

I'm using Notify Pro to communicate to my home control system, so it can notify me on the touchpanels and displays throughout the home when I receive a call or SMS.

I'm currently using the EventGhost option, but it's not ideal. I have a lot of unnecessary information to parse through (GET / ... HTTP/1.1/) as well as all of the SafeHTMLEncoded characters.

Could we just get a simple TCP notification?

eg.
"CallIncoming\n
John Doe\n"

"SMS\n
555-555-5555\n
Hello there\n"

.. or something equivalent?

- johoja - 2011-08-12

Hey Guys,

I'm almost ready to start beta testing the DeskSMS support in NP!

If you interested let me know I'll give you the beta repo information, I'l need good feedback i.e) syslogs etc.

Email me at [email protected] to let me know you want to test, this includes people who already have beta access.....

- johoja - 2011-08-12

Hey!

NP1.7 is available on the beta repo. You'll need to add it and also remove Notify Pro from the regular repo, and then install Notify Pro Private. (Email me for repo access)

Most things are working, im sure there are a few bugs.

You'll need to have a few things for it to work:

1). A google account, DeskSMS requires a google account
2) A Notifo.com account and a Notifo API Key both can be obtained from notifo.com by signing up.
3) notifo iphone app installed, and receiving push notifications, this is needed for push to work ( in my testing it works amazingly well, 1-2 seconds for pushes to be received)

4) DeskSMS will notify the iPhone via notifo via apple push since this is a jailbreak app I can't use apple push directly. The push messages will be invisible to you i.e) you won't see a blue popup box NP will intercept the push messages, and react accordingly.

5) You can forward your sms notifications to email, sms or the desksms website -- http://www.clockworkmod.com/desksms

Let me know what you guys think!

DeskSMS will probably be subscription based in the future ( not that expensive 3-5 dollars per year) and probably allow some free usage time as well I'm not sure of the details as I don't run that service. But for now its free.

- Kimball - 2011-08-21

johoja Wrote:Hey!

NP1.7 is available on the beta repo. You'll need to add it and also remove Notify Pro from the regular repo, and then install Notify Pro Private. (Email me for repo access)

Most things are working, im sure there are a few bugs.

You'll need to have a few things for it to work:

1). A google account, DeskSMS requires a google account
2) A Notifo.com account and a Notifo API Key both can be obtained from notifo.com by signing up.
3) notifo iphone app installed, and receiving push notifications, this is needed for push to work ( in my testing it works amazingly well, 1-2 seconds for pushes to be received)

4) DeskSMS will notify the iPhone via notifo via apple push since this is a jailbreak app I can't use apple push directly. The push messages will be invisible to you i.e) you won't see a blue popup box NP will intercept the push messages, and react accordingly.

5) You can forward your sms notifications to email, sms or the desksms website -- http://www.clockworkmod.com/desksms

Let me know what you guys think!

DeskSMS will probably be subscription based in the future ( not that expensive 3-5 dollars per year) and probably allow some free usage time as well I'm not sure of the details as I don't run that service. But for now its free.

Id love trying this out! Whats special about Notify Pro Private though, since I cant find anything about it except in this thread?

Its confusing, since Ive seen many websites posting instructions on how to get desksms to work with iPhone without mentioning notify pro at all, ala: http://www.redmondpie.com/desksms-for-iphone-lets-you-sendreceive-sms-from-desktop-web-browser-gmail-or-gtalk-jailbreak-app/

Am I missing something, or just being blind? Is it supposed to work only using the instructions found at redmondpie and such?

Also, is it possible to use this DeskSMS version with the firefox plugin found here: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/desksms/ ? Would be totally awesome!

- johoja - 2011-08-21

Kimball Wrote:Id love trying this out! Whats special about Notify Pro Private though, since I cant find anything about it except in this thread?

Its confusing, since Ive seen many websites posting instructions on how to get desksms to work with iPhone without mentioning notify pro at all, ala: http://www.redmondpie.com/desksms-for-iphone-lets-you-sendreceive-sms-from-desktop-web-browser-gmail-or-gtalk-jailbreak-app/

Am I missing something, or just being blind? Is it supposed to work only using the instructions found at redmondpie and such?

Also, is it possible to use this DeskSMS version with the firefox plugin found here: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/desksms/ ? Would be totally awesome!

Yes the instructions on redmondpie are the most upto date. I made DeskSMS into a standalone app.

And yes should work with firefox addon.

- Kimball - 2011-08-21

johoja Wrote:Yes the instructions on redmondpie are the most upto date. I made DeskSMS into a standalone app.

Odd, it wouldnt work for me without using notifypro as well, but at least I got it to work eventually! Great job juhoja! Big Grin

- johoja - 2011-08-21

Kimball Wrote:Odd, it wouldnt work for me without using notifypro as well, but at least I got it to work eventually! Great job juhoja! Big Grin

That's strange are you using the latest version i.e) 1.0.6

- Kimball - 2011-08-21

johoja Wrote:That's strange are you using the latest version i.e) 1.0.6

To be honest I think I was using an earlier version (got it in cydia 2 days ago) and saw the updated version just now, which I downloaded at the same time as notifypro.

Now DeskSMS is still working fine even after removing notifypro again, so I suppose the new version is working fine. Smile

A little bit of OT now, but if I pay to be able to use http://www.clockworkmod.com/desksms/ ,am I contributing to your work, or is that someone else's work?

- johoja - 2011-08-22

Kimball Wrote:To be honest I think I was using an earlier version (got it in cydia 2 days ago) and saw the updated version just now, which I downloaded at the same time as notifypro.

Now DeskSMS is still working fine even after removing notifypro again, so I suppose the new version is working fine. Smile

A little bit of OT now, but if I pay to be able to use http://www.clockworkmod.com/desksms/ ,am I contributing to your work, or is that someone else's work?

It's run by someone else, but he helped / made DeskSMS. Plus he gives me a cut for making the iPhone version (he made the Android one)

- panchochile - 2011-08-22

Sorry, this is a long thread.
The beta releases support iOS5 b5 or b6?
How can I obtain access to the repository.

Thanks in advance.
Rergards.

- davidmaiden - 2011-08-22

hi johoja.

existing NotifyPro purchasers here now trying out DeskSMS on the iphone.

firstly is NotifyPro no longer being developed as DeskSMS is out? only don't they do the same thing essentially.

Anyway my problem is I have fully set up as instructed (apart from I registered on notifio's website rather than through their app which i havent installed)

I get emailed my text messages but when i reply to them no texts are received back. I leave two empty lines in my reply as it requested,and have tried removing the copy of the original message in the reply as well.

Not sure what I am doing wrong. I am in the UK - could that effect things.

- johoja - 2011-08-22

davidmaiden Wrote:hi johoja.

existing NotifyPro purchasers here now trying out DeskSMS on the iphone.

firstly is NotifyPro no longer being developed as DeskSMS is out? only don't they do the same thing essentially.

Anyway my problem is I have fully set up as instructed (apart from I registered on notifio's website rather than through their app which i havent installed)

I get emailed my text messages but when i reply to them no texts are received back. I leave two empty lines in my reply as it requested,and have tried removing the copy of the original message in the reply as well.

Not sure what I am doing wrong. I am in the UK - could that effect things.

Hey David,

They don't do the same thing...Notify Pro works with XBMC/Growl/Notify.io/NotifyFo/EventGhost

DeskSMS only works with DeskSMS, I separated the apps because i figured some people will only want DeskSMS.

As for being done with Notify Pro, no I'm not. Just working on DeskSMS right now. I'm always taking feature requests for both apps.

You need to install the Notifo app, and login and allow push notifications in the app for it to fully work. Right now you only have 1 way connectivity to DeskSMS.

- Rubeast - 2011-08-23

johoja Wrote:Yes the instructions on redmondpie are the most upto date. I made DeskSMS into a standalone app.

The app is working great! (used the instructions on redmondpie)
I have been looking forever for an application like this!

When I receive an SMS it shows perfectly and really fast in Google Talk.
However I have one problem:
When I reply, this reply is not send at all.
How can I configure this?
Is this maybe carrier specific? (I'm from Belgium)