Kodi Community Forum
Notify - iPhone Notification App for XBMC (send push notifications to XBMC) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Notify - iPhone Notification App for XBMC (send push notifications to XBMC) (/showthread.php?tid=64545)

No imessage & push notifications - michaeldecharon - 2012-01-21

Seams like imessage en push notifications are not forwarded by Notify Pro.

I'm using XBMC, Eventghost and Growl for Windows.

Can we expect a update real soon?

- johoja - 2012-01-21

michaeldecharon Wrote:Seams like imessage en push notifications are not forwarded by Notify Pro.

Push messages yes expect an update soon a few days.

iMessage I'm not sure how to do it yet , will take some looking into.

- CHRONiC YOUTH - 2012-01-22

Is there any way for notify to not show my outgoing calls in xbmc.. I love that it can show incoming calls but I don't need to notify whoever is watching my tv who i'm calling..

- gatd - 2012-01-26

Johoja

Please can you help I have installed notify pro 1.78 on iPhone 4s
It works fine with growl 1.22 on mac os x 10.7
but with growl 3.12 latest version for mac no go!
thanks

- johoja - 2012-01-26

CHRONiC YOUTH Wrote:Is there any way for notify to not show my outgoing calls in xbmc.. I love that it can show incoming calls but I don't need to notify whoever is watching my tv who i'm calling..

Not currently, I can add this in though ? Do you want me to separate the settings for XBMC hosts to incoming & outgoing calls ?

- johoja - 2012-01-26

gatd Wrote:Johoja

Please can you help I have installed notify pro 1.78 on iPhone 4s
It works fine with growl 1.22 on mac os x 10.7
but with growl 3.12 latest version for mac no go!
thanks

Yeah I'm aware of the issue Growl 1.3+ on Mac doesn't support some things. I'm working on a fix today. Now that I'm back from vacation.

Sorry it took so long guys.

- johoja - 2012-01-27

johoja Wrote:Yeah I'm aware of the issue Growl 1.3+ on Mac doesn't support some things. I'm working on a fix today. Now that I'm back from vacation.

Sorry it took so long guys.

I've submitted 1.8 which should fix the mac growl issues it will be available on cydia in about 24 hours.

- gatd - 2012-01-27

johoja
version 1.8 is not sending tickets to growl 3.1.2 !
and old tickets generated for growl 1.22 version by version 1.8 don't work also in growl 3.1.2 mac.
Also push notifications don't work on mac growl v 1.22 and 3.1.2 using notify pro 1.80

- michaeldecharon - 2012-01-27

Any words on push notifications?

- johoja - 2012-01-27

gatd Wrote:johoja
version 1.8 is not sending tickets to growl 3.1.2 !
and old tickets generated for growl 1.22 version by version 1.8 don't work also in growl 3.1.2 mac.
Also push notifications don't work on mac growl v 1.22 and 3.1.2 using notify pro 1.80

What's a ticket

- gatd - 2012-01-27

"whats a ticket"
in the growl folder user/application support/growl/tickets on mac os 10.7

they are what apps send to growl and come up as applications in growl preferences.
basically notify pro sends out the info and it is received by growl 1.22 and all notifications work except push notifications but growl 3.1.2 does not seem to receive anything so notify pro does not show up in the growl applications list.
if I use the ticket from growl 1.22 that does get generated ,in growl 3.1.2 no notifications work at all.

- johoja - 2012-01-27

gatd Wrote:"whats a ticket"
in the growl folder user/application support/growl/tickets on mac os 10.7

they are what apps send to growl and come up as applications in growl preferences.
basically notify pro sends out the info and it is received by growl 1.22 and all notifications work except push notifications but growl 3.1.2 does not seem to receive anything so notify pro does not show up in the growl applications list.
if I use the ticket from growl 1.22 that does get generated ,in growl 3.1.2 no notifications work at all.

What's growl 3.1.2 ? Do you mean 1.3.2 ? I tested with that version and NP 1.8 and it did work.

Do you have a password set on NP , and growl 1.3.2? Are you using UDP.

Please telll me all the settings you've used in NP and in Growl

- gatd - 2012-01-27

sorry yes growl 1.3.2
password is set on NP
ip =192.168.0.198:9887
everything on inc use UDP

- johoja - 2012-01-27

gatd Wrote:sorry yes growl 1.3.2
password is set on NP
ip =192.168.0.198:9887
everything on inc use UDP

Growl 1.3.2 does not support UDP anymore.

The port has changed to 23053, and udp should not be enabled.

- johoja - 2012-01-27

michaeldecharon Wrote:Seams like imessage en push notifications are not forwarded by Notify Pro.

Yes, that's next on the list should be fixed soon!