Kodi Community Forum
Notify - iPhone Notification App for XBMC (send push notifications to XBMC) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Notify - iPhone Notification App for XBMC (send push notifications to XBMC) (/showthread.php?tid=64545)

Notify - iPhone Notification App for XBMC (send push notifications to XBMC) - michaeldecharon - 2013-02-01

With the coming of smart watches like pebble it looks like its possible to send notifications over Bluetooth 4.0 without a jailbreak!

It would be nice if you can port your app to the official AppStore with Bluetooth 4.0 support, that way we all can enjoy the notifications of incoming calls, SMS and push notifications.

RE: Notify - iPhone Notification App for XBMC (send push notifications to XBMC) - johoja - 2013-02-01

(2012-11-05, 18:11)jackiass Wrote: I just purchased the app on Cydia but can't download it. I keep getting: "POSIX: Operation timed out"
What to do? Is there anywhere else I can get the .deb file?

EDIT: Now I was able to install. Problem solved itself over night. I can't get the app to send any notifications anywhere though? Tried with notify.io, notifo.com and Growl. I can get the android version to work with Growl and I have the exact same settings on the iPhone so I don't know what to do from here on? I actually just want my iPhone to auto forward all sms it get to my email. It's my second phone, and I'd like to leave it at home all day but still know if someone tries to contact me. Any suggestions to how I get this to work?

(2013-02-01, 14:57)michaeldecharon Wrote: With the coming of smart watches like pebble it looks like its possible to send notifications over Bluetooth 4.0 without a jailbreak!

It would be nice if you can port your app to the official AppStore with Bluetooth 4.0 support, that way we all can enjoy the notifications of incoming calls, SMS and push notifications.

Could you send me a link about this I'll look into it.

Notify - iPhone Notification App for XBMC (send push notifications to XBMC) - michaeldecharon - 2013-02-01

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/597507018/pebble-e-paper-watch-for-iphone-and-android

http://www.engadget.com/2012/12/19/cookoo-smart-watch/

http://www.w7callerid.com/

RE: Notify - iPhone Notification App for XBMC (send push notifications to XBMC) - Djdubw - 2013-02-22

I bought Notify Pro on cydia (ios 6.1) and I'm trying to push to XBMC 12.0 on my atv2. I added the ip and root:alpine but I get nothing. Any ideas?

I noticed that some people are using ports, is it requires that my atv has a port after the IP address?
Is there any known problems or incompatabilities with my software or hardware?

RE: Notify - iPhone Notification App for XBMC (send push notifications to XBMC) - Arkelos - 2013-03-02

Unfortunately the current version of Notify Pro is not compatible with iOS 6+. I used it a lot before I upgraded to iOS6, but have been without since I updated my phone.

(2013-02-22, 01:38)Djdubw Wrote: I bought Notify Pro on cydia (ios 6.1) and I'm trying to push to XBMC 12.0 on my atv2. I added the ip and root:alpine but I get nothing. Any ideas?

I noticed that some people are using ports, is it requires that my atv has a port after the IP address?

RE: Notify - iPhone Notification App for XBMC (send push notifications to XBMC) - Djdubw - 2013-03-05

(2013-03-02, 00:08)Arkelos Wrote: Unfortunately the current version of Notify Pro is not compatible with iOS 6+. I used it a lot before I upgraded to iOS6, but have been without since I updated my phone.

(2013-02-22, 01:38)Djdubw Wrote: I bought Notify Pro on cydia (ios 6.1) and I'm trying to push to XBMC 12.0 on my atv2. I added the ip and root:alpine but I get nothing. Any ideas?

Damn, we'll thanks for the reply.

RE: Notify - iPhone Notification App for XBMC (send push notifications to XBMC) - Vaxter - 2013-03-10

Are there any plans for iOS6 compatibility?

RE: Notify - iPhone Notification App for XBMC (send push notifications to XBMC) - trigrhappy - 2013-03-16

(2013-03-10, 02:07)Vaxter Wrote: Are there any plans for iOS6 compatibility?

I'm pretty sure its not compatible with XBMC 12 Frodo either. I'm still on 5.x and it does not push to frodo. The way XBMC notifications are handled changed completely between Eden and Frodo.

RE: Notify - iPhone Notification App for XBMC (send push notifications to XBMC) - Hotwheelz - 2013-03-20

Hi,

Just confirming the device that this is running on needs to jail broken for this to work right?

Thanks.

:-)

Notify - iPhone Notification App for XBMC (send push notifications to XBMC) - Vaxter - 2013-03-23

Yes, jailbreak is obligatory.

@trigrhappy
As I have read, there is still posibility to use old xml api beside new json, or xml is removed?
Anyhow, an update is needed.

RE: Notify - iPhone Notification App for XBMC (send push notifications to XBMC) - dareal68 - 2013-09-11

Hi all,
@johoja do you work on an iOS 6 update?
Just to know.

Notify - iPhone Notification App for XBMC (send push notifications to XBMC) - Vaxter - 2013-10-08

Maybe this app should be opensourced so that someone else could continue developing it...

RE: Notify - iPhone Notification App for XBMC (send push notifications to XBMC) - johoja - 2013-10-13

Yes -- I will open source it. I don't have time to maintain it anymore.

RE: Notify - iPhone Notification App for XBMC (send push notifications to XBMC) - taliezin - 2013-12-01

(2013-10-13, 17:28)johoja Wrote: Yes -- I will open source it. I don't have time to maintain it anymore.

Is IT opensource yet?

Notify - iPhone Notification App for XBMC (send push notifications to XBMC) - Vaxter - 2014-07-24

Xbmc remote should be able to implement some of Notify functions in iOS8, but OpenSource Notify would still be nice.