Kodi Community Forum
Hacking the Boxee Box to run XBMC? - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Hardware (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=112)
+--- Thread: Hacking the Boxee Box to run XBMC? (/showthread.php?tid=64578)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32

- akabob - 2010-12-12

BAG_Ass Wrote:Guys! do somebody compile xbmc for boxeebox to run it from flash-drive to test?

Please read the previous pages and you'll have the answer Wink

- BAG_Ass - 2010-12-12

I red all and no found explaining why i cannot start script from sd-card or external hdd.
PLS smart guys explane once again for a stupid.

- Hannes The Hun - 2010-12-12

actually I'm willing to explain it to you if you in turn promise to stay away from this thread in the near future

- BAG_Ass - 2010-12-12

if u explain and explain how long will be your near.

- tslayer - 2010-12-12

Near future = forever Smile

- BAG_Ass - 2010-12-12

Off
tslayer
what did i do for u?
I ready take off fingers from my keyboard but i don`t understand why and who will be feel better if i don`t write here - people who repost here boxeeboxwiki.org?

- akabob - 2010-12-13

:confused2: Did i miss something with BAG_Ass :confused2:

- darkscout - 2010-12-13

1) He doesn't speak english well.
2) He doesn't read english well.
3) He won't accept the fact that slapping an i386* compiled binary onto a SD card, tossing it into the Boxee and rebooting wil NOT get your XBMC on the Boxee.

*Corrected. I thought it was an ARM processor at first.

- PatrickVogeli - 2010-12-13

you did miss that at the moment there are no plans to release an XBMC port to the boxee box and there likely won't be.

I suppose XBMC devs are already busy enough to care about some hackish work around to make xbmc load on the boxee box.

It isn't all that difficult to understand.

- BAG_Ass - 2010-12-13

darkscout
1)agree - i was born in non english speaking country
2)agree - see point 1.
3)Don`t tell urself curve mental as mine.

- Soju - 2010-12-13

BAG_Ass Wrote:darkscout
1)agree - i was born in non english speaking country
2)agree - see point 1.
3)Don`t tell urself curve mental as mine.

BAG Ass, ask in Russian and I'll translate to you if need be.

- darkscout - 2010-12-13

Dilbert seems oddly appropriate today.

It can't be done at this time.

- rdubya - 2010-12-13

I started following this thread to see what was going on with the Boxee Box and XBMC, now I'm following it to see what BAG_Ass is going to say next.

- prae5 - 2010-12-13

First and final warning. Keep things on topic or thread will be locked and 5 day cooling off period for those who are trolling.

- prae5 - 2010-12-13

PatrickVogeli Wrote:you did miss that at the moment there are no plans to release an XBMC port to the boxee box and there likely won't be.

I suppose XBMC devs are already busy enough to care about some hackish work around to make xbmc load on the boxee box.

It isn't all that difficult to understand.

The key thing here that keeps being overlooked, is the team has no interest in supporting closed platforms. The boxee box is a closed platform, unless Boxee decides to open it up and offer a legitimate means of loading xbmc on it, then it will unlikely really get any real attention.