Kodi Community Forum
[WIP] AniDB.net Anime Video Scraper - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Information Providers (scrapers) (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=147)
+----- Forum: TV Show Scrapers (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=305)
+----- Thread: [WIP] AniDB.net Anime Video Scraper (/showthread.php?tid=64587)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37

- salival - 2010-09-22

It seems the scraper is banned (It doesn't pick up any new episodes and when you enter the api request in the browser you get <error>Banned</error>.)
I can get to anidb itself just fine, so my ip itself isn't banned

edit: not banned anymore. Then there must be another reason why new episodes will not add. Oo (edit: solved. My XBMC installation was messed up.)

- LupinSansei - 2010-09-30

Hello!

I'm kind of new to XBMC. Though I use to use it on my old Xbox.

I'm running Ubuntu on my HTPC and haven't the slightest clue how to install this Sad Can anyone help? This is someone coming from the My anime plugin from Mediaportal. I have a lot of anime. Please help. Thanks!! Smile

- LupinSansei - 2010-10-01

Anyone? :/

- CourierSS - 2010-10-01

If you're running the newest XBMC - Dharma Beta 2 or any other version that has the Add-on function, you can install it through the Add-on repository. System -> Add-ons -> Get Add-ons->XBMC.org Add-ons -> TV information->AniDB.net.

I don't believe there is a movie version for this add-on.

- LupinSansei - 2010-10-01

CourierSS Wrote:If you're running the newest XBMC - Dharma Beta 2 or any other version that has the Add-on function, you can install it through the Add-on repository. System -> Add-ons -> Get Add-ons->XBMC.org Add-ons -> TV information->AniDB.net.

I don't believe there is a movie version for this add-on.

Wow thanks a lot! I found the beta and installed. And did the addon thing. Thanks for the help. Maybe this will help someone else in the future Smile

- LupinSansei - 2010-10-04

I'm having a little problem with the anidb scrapper. It picks up the series like it should but the episode sections are blank. It did pick up some episodes for GTO but only like episodes 1-12. Is this normal? I know the anime plugin for Mediaportal uses anidb as well but it always worked for me. Any ideas? Please let me know Sad I'm using Dharma beta 2.

- salival - 2010-10-04

LupinSansei Wrote:I'm having a little problem with the anidb scrapper. It picks up the series like it should but the episode sections are blank. It did pick up some episodes for GTO but only like episodes 1-12. Is this normal? I know the anime plugin for Mediaportal uses anidb as well but it always worked for me. Any ideas? Please let me know Sad I'm using Dharma beta 2.

This is as expected. I believe the mediaportal plugin uses a file hash to identify a file, this scraper uses the file name. Since there are a lot of numbers in the file name of a fansubbed anime (resolution, hash) it's hard for XBMC to tell what to look for.

How to get files recognized is explained on page 10 of this thread.

- LupinSansei - 2010-10-05

salival Wrote:This is as expected. I believe the mediaportal plugin uses a file hash to identify a file, this scraper uses the file name. Since there are a lot of numbers in the file name of a fansubbed anime (resolution, hash) it's hard for XBMC to tell what to look for.

How to get files recognized is explained on page 10 of this thread.
Yes, your right about the MP plugin using file hash. Maybe one day he'll port it to XBMC unlikely though. However I do appreciate the help I checked page 10 there are some very good tips and such I'll give them a shot. Thanks again! Big Grin

- LupinSansei - 2010-10-05

LupinSansei Wrote:Yes, your right about the MP plugin using file hash. Maybe one day he'll port it to XBMC unlikely though. However I do appreciate the help I checked page 10 there are some very good tips and such I'll give them a shot. Thanks again! Big Grin

Tried that and still no luck. Any other ideas?

- salival - 2010-10-05

How are your files stuctured? (folder names, file names)

I myself rename my files with the anidb applet on their site so it contains "ep" (e.g. xxxHOLiC Kei ep01 - Spider`s Web [704x400][DTV][SHS].mkv ) and then let XBMC look for "ep##", as per my post on page ten. I have yet to encounter a episode it doesn't find this way.

If the scraper can find the series information but XBMC can not find the individual episodes it has to do with the fact it doesn't recognize the filename structure.
You can get around this by either renaming your files or altering the regular expressions in your advancedsettings.xml (more info on how this works and where to put the advancedsettings.xml(or if you're on linux), if you're not sure)

- LupinSansei - 2010-10-06

salival Wrote:How are your files stuctured? (folder names, file names)

I myself rename my files with the anidb applet on their site so it contains "ep" (e.g. xxxHOLiC Kei ep01 - Spider`s Web [704x400][DTV][SHS].mkv ) and then let XBMC look for "ep##", as per my post on page ten. I have yet to encounter a episode it doesn't find this way.

If the scraper can find the series information but XBMC can not find the individual episodes it has to do with the fact it doesn't recognize the filename structure.
You can get around this by either renaming your files or altering the regular expressions in your advancedsettings.xml (more info on how this works and where to put the advancedsettings.xml(or if you're on linux), if you're not sure)

Thanks so much for the reply. That app on anidb seems to be doing the job regarding renaming the files. I'll let it scan then try importing them again and let you guys know. thanks again! ^^

*Edit* It worked. Thanks so much!!

- LupinSansei - 2010-10-15

This has been working great for me! But how do I get banners working? I found the settings.xml and changed it from false to true but it still uses the dvd covers and looks pretty bad while using banners are the view in TV shows :p Can someone help me?

Noone can help? Sad

- salival - 2010-10-15

First of all: you don't need to edit the settings.xml. The settings are available in the settings menu (settings>add-ons>enable addons>anidb.net>configure)

Secondly: You will probably have to refresh all items to get the banners. you can do this either manually by selecting "refresh" in the info dialog (the one with the tv-show information) or by rescanning the entire library by going to your anime folder, go to the context menu (default key is C) and choose "set content".

Make sure to set the automatic scan to start scanning immediately. Either way you will lose your fanart settings, unless you use local fanart (fanart.jpg or folder.jpg in the series folder.)

Also, not all series have banner images available. Check thetvdb.com to see if a series has a banner image.

edit: Since I'm not entirely adept in using banners you first might want to see if you can select a banner image from the poster selection screen. This can be found in the information screen of a series.

salival Wrote:First of all: you don't need to edit the settings.xml. The settings are available in the settings menu (settings>add-ons>enable addons>anidb.net>configure)

Secondly: You will probably have to refresh all items to get the banners. you can do this either manually by selecting "refresh" in the info dialog (the one with the tv-show information) or by rescanning the entire library by going to your anime folder, go to the context menu (default key is C) and choose "set content".

Make sure to set the automatic scan to start scanning immediately. Either way you will lose your fanart settings, unless you use local fanart (fanart.jpg or folder.jpg in the series folder.)

Also, not all series have banner images available. Check thetvdb.com to see if a series has a banner image.

edit: Since I'm not entirely adept in using banners you first might want to see if you can select a banner image from the poster selection screen. This can be found in the information screen of a series.

Thanks for the detailed response. I didn't know you could configure it via the add ons section. I'll give that a try! I am aware that all series won't have a banner. If I need a banner I can try and make one and upload it on TVDB. Thanks again for your help!!

*Edit* Looks like banners was enabled. So I'll try refreshing and see what happens.