Kodi Community Forum
[WIP] AniDB.net Anime Video Scraper - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Information Providers (scrapers) (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=147)
+----- Forum: TV Show Scrapers (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=305)
+----- Thread: [WIP] AniDB.net Anime Video Scraper (/showthread.php?tid=64587)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37

- SNES350 - 2011-05-11

I just want to say that this is fantastic. With my regex, any identified shows get all of their episodes identified as well. My addition to my advancedsettings.xml:
Code:
<tvshowmatching action="prepend">

<!-- anime -->
<!-- prefer if epxx or exx is found over just episode number -->
<regexp>[ _-](?:ep|e)(\d{2,3}(?!\d))(?:[\-][\d{2,3}])?[ _-]?(?:[\[]?[\.]?[v][\d][\]]?)?[\(\)\da-z ',;\!\._-]*(?:[\[\(\{][a-z\d \.,_-]+[\]\)\}][ _-]*)*[\da-z ,_-]*\.(?!.*[\\/].*)</regexp>
<regexp>[ _-](\d{2,3}(?!\d))(?:[\-][\d{2,3}])?[ _-]?(?:[\[]?[\.]?[v][\d][\]]?)?[\(\)\da-z ',;\!\._-]*(?:[\[\(\{][a-z\d \.,_-]+[\]\)\}][ _-]*)*[\da-z ,_-]*\.(?!.*[\\/].*)</regexp>

</tvshowmatching>

- LupinSansei - 2011-05-12

SNES350 Wrote:I just want to say that this is fantastic. With my regex, any identified shows get all of their episodes identified as well. My addition to my advancedsettings.xml:
Code:
<tvshowmatching action="prepend">

<!-- anime -->
<!-- prefer if epxx or exx is found over just episode number -->
<regexp>[ _-](?:ep|e)(\d{2,3}(?!\d))(?:[\-][\d{2,3}])?[ _-]?(?:[\[]?[\.]?[v][\d][\]]?)?[\(\)\da-z ',;\!\._-]*(?:[\[\(\{][a-z\d \.,_-]+[\]\)\}][ _-]*)*[\da-z ,_-]*\.(?!.*[\\/].*)</regexp>
<regexp>[ _-](\d{2,3}(?!\d))(?:[\-][\d{2,3}])?[ _-]?(?:[\[]?[\.]?[v][\d][\]]?)?[\(\)\da-z ',;\!\._-]*(?:[\[\(\{][a-z\d \.,_-]+[\]\)\}][ _-]*)*[\da-z ,_-]*\.(?!.*[\\/].*)</regexp>

</tvshowmatching>
Thanks for the contribution! What exactly does this add?

- SNES350 - 2011-05-12

LupinSansei Wrote:Thanks for the contribution! What exactly does this add?

It's just for identifying episode numbers from filenames. My files are all named inconsistently (example: Code_Geass_Ep01_The_Day_the_Demon_was_Born_[720p,BluRay,x264]), but this pulls episode numbers correctly for 99% of them. I have yet to rename an episode Cool

If XBMC is not picking up your episodes correctly, then you can try it as well. I suggest only scanning (or rescanning) shows that were not recognized correctly by what you have now, then remove my regex again. I have not tested it on nicely named files or many shows other than anime.

- LupinSansei - 2011-05-24

SNES350 Wrote:It's just for identifying episode numbers from filenames. My files are all named inconsistently (example: Code_Geass_Ep01_The_Day_the_Demon_was_Born_[720p,BluRay,x264]), but this pulls episode numbers correctly for 99% of them. I have yet to rename an episode Cool

If XBMC is not picking up your episodes correctly, then you can try it as well. I suggest only scanning (or rescanning) shows that were not recognized correctly by what you have now, then remove my regex again. I have not tested it on nicely named files or many shows other than anime.

Ah, cool. Sounds interesting. I'll have to give it a shot. Thanks! ^^

- bambi73 - 2011-05-24

From my point of view it's better to think about some unified naming scheme for your video files than try to invent some monstrous recognizing regexp.
90% of "scraper problems" is caused by XBMC not being able to recognize your files, not by scraper itself.

- zosky - 2011-05-25

its a slippery slope to try supporting every naming conversion... im with bambi73; we could add new regex's till the cows come home. my 2cents is to force 1 format with aniDB's webAOM

... with a move rule to put all shows/movies in the right source
Code:
DO ADD /mnt/homeNAS/
IF T(Movie) DO ADD movies/
ELSE DO ADD anime/
IF I(eng) DO ADD %eng
ELSE DO ADD %ann

... and a rename rule to add s1e# to each file
Code:
IF I(eng) DO ADD %eng.
ELSE DO ADD %ann.
IF T(!Movie) DO ADD s1e%enr.%epn.
IF G(!unknown) DO ADD [%grp].
DO ADD (%CRC)
( *shoutOUT to the aniDB crew who helped me figure this out on thier forums )

- musera - 2011-05-30

This has been bothering me for a while. Why does the aniDB scraper only work for T.V series? I understand that XBMC treat movie and T.V scrapers differently but wouldn't it be trivial to convert and just keep 2 different streams of the scraper?

I would do this myself but don't have time to get to grips with scrapers and data fields in XBMC. The current options are to use the anime news network scraper which is pretty bad and often fails on posters, use IMDB which is even worse or treat your anime movies as TV shows (which I currently do but use smart playlists and a quick skin hack to create custom directories).

- bambi73 - 2011-05-30

I personally treat all Anime (Shows/OVA/Movies) as third category (on same level as Movies and regular TV Shows) so I never intended to make AniDB.net scraper for movies. And i don't think it'll be so easy to only switch it. For example because current version links Fanarts from TheTVDB.org and this site doesn't contain much movies, so you will need to switch it to TheMovieDB.org etc etc.

Personally i don't need this feature and don't have time to work on it now, sorry. Feel free to do it yourself, i can give you some limited support. But i think it'll be easier to switch to TheMovieDB.org scraper because it contains most of Anime movies and appropriate Posters/Fanarts.

- musera - 2011-05-30

Because most of my collection is anime, I like to separate anime movies, series and OVA into individual categories in order to keep things neat. If I were to lump them all into one generic anime category then the listing would be far too long (which it already is). Certainly I am willing to treat anime as tv series but you lose some of the advantages of the movie library.

The only complication I can consider would be fanart, like you stated. I do realize it would need to come from another site but xbmc already has scrapers that can do TheMovieDB, so why bother reinventing something that is known to work?

I do understand your position and would be willing to do the movie version of the scraper if I had time. I've never made a scraper so it would be interesting to do but I don't have time to fiddle around any time soon.

- Finalspace - 2011-06-01

After an crash in xbmc i lost my complete anime library Sad

I tried to import it again with the updated anidb plugin, but nothing is detected anymore.

I had a advancedsettings with the matching on ep000 format and this has always worked, but now even with or without advancedsettings.xml it does not work anymore. No episodes are detected.

I reinstalled xbmc and tried it from scratch and tested it with one single tv series with no results.

Plugin does not download any informations anymore.
There will be only one TV Show created with an empty name and no files in it.

Normally if i use the "TV Show Information" manually and select the right anime from the list, it should display the retrieved anime informations right?

I have absolutly no idea what is going on.
I use the latest xbmc version (unstable) running on ubuntu 11.04 and anidb plugin 1.2.0

Here are the log file: http://pastebin.com/N64giW5W

Tested with anime 3x3 eyes, folder contains all episodes from the ova.
See log file for details.

Please help,
Final

- bambi73 - 2011-06-01

Can you check what is inside file 2.xml in your scraper cache (from your log i guess it's at /home/hdpc/.xbmc/cache/scrapers/metadata.anidb.net/)? I have idea what is inside Smile

- Finalspace - 2011-06-01

bambi73 Wrote:Can you check what is inside file 2.xml in your scraper cache (from your log i guess it's at /home/hdpc/.xbmc/cache/scrapers/metadata.anidb.net/)? I have idea what is inside Smile

There is no cache folder in the .xbmc !

Is there a way i can enable that?

Edit*: Found it in another folder: temp/scrapers/metadata-anidb.net

And i see the reason: Banned... i assume this plugin is banned from the anidb api, isnĀ“t?

- bambi73 - 2011-06-01

No, it means that your IP is temporarily banned. Gyus from AniDB.net have there automatic protection against abusing of their http api (too much request in short time) and "banned" response is result. Afaik it'll be removed after some time (few hours), in worst case you must ask them on forum.
But this shouldn't happen during normal scraping because scraper itself is quite slow and download lots of data from TheTvDB.org etc, so i'm bit surprised.

- Finalspace - 2011-06-02

I admit that i have tried it a few times to scrap my anime stuff.
Maybe that was too much.

Will try it again tomorrow with one single show first.

Anyway, thanks for your help.

- bambi73 - 2011-06-03

Btw don't forgot delete these "Banned" cached results, scraper will delete only files older than 48hr.