Kodi Community Forum
Transparency! - v2.11 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Transparency! (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=115)
+----- Thread: Transparency! - v2.11 (/showthread.php?tid=64908)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

- babanoosh - 2009-12-28

still in that build, but to a lesser degree. i actually rolled back to sep 9 build as I remember t3ch's Nov, having some problems, I just can't remember what.

yes ronie, that switch would be cool. I deleted thumbs view but I think it's still selectable. weird... I can't be sure what's going on at the moment though. I haven't had a lot of time to dedicate to since I last posted and am trying to get my library together once and for all with ember instead of constantly scraping, very time consuming...

- Cranial - 2009-12-28

Numus Wrote:Well that fixed half the problem.. Now the movie will atleast attempt to play instead of giving me consecutive failures.. But the minute the movie plays i hit 0 ram and the system freezes (requires a reboot)...
Going to go back to r25497 and see if maybe it is a problem in the latest build

I'm wondering how you have your xbox setup as I only very rarely see memory problems on mine.

Here's a good rule for running on the xbox:
Run xbmc resolution at 720, no higher.
Resize all backdrops to 960x540, preferably jpeg.
Turn off background cycling. (set a single image for backdrops or leave as default image)
Turn off all unnecessary options. UPNP, Web Server etc.
Resize all fanart to 960x540.
Make sure you only use textures.xpr in your skin/media/ folder.
Use MPlayer as default player (set via advancedsettings.xml)
*edit*Turn off Media Flags
Turn off Latest Movie / Latest TV / Latest Album on home screen*/edit*

The only thing that is causing lockups for me is xbmc not remembering username / password for external sources... sometimes. Either via GUI input or direct input into sources.xml .

- babanoosh - 2009-12-28

Cranial Wrote:I'm wondering how you have your xbox setup as I only very rarely see memory problems on mine.

Here's a good rule for running on the xbox:
Run xbmc resolution at 720, no higher.
Resize all backdrops to 960x540, preferably jpeg.
Turn off background cycling. (set a single image for backdrops or leave as default image)
Turn off all unnecessary options. UPNP, Web Server etc.
Resize all fanart to 960x540.
Make sure you only use textures.xpr in your skin/media/ folder.
Use MPlayer as default player (set via advancedsettings.xml)

The only thing that is causing lockups for me is xbmc not remembering username / password for external sources... sometimes. Either via GUI input or direct input into sources.xml .

are you using latest sshcs build and transparency v201 or v2.11 on xbox? how big is your library? I've been doing everything you listed and I have memory problems w/ latest builds.

- Cranial - 2009-12-28

babanoosh Wrote:are you using latest sshcs build and transparency v201 or v2.11 on xbox? how big is your library? I've been doing everything you listed and I have memory problems w/ latest builds.

I was using r25561 (latest sshcs) and it was running fine. But I have reverted to latest T3ch build (r25497) to chase the sources / password problem, and it's working fine as well.

Was using v2.11 Transparency! and it was fine, but changed to the xbox friendly v2.11 when it was available as it navigates a bit faster.

One thing to note is that my xbox is Cat5 to a router -> Cat5 to File Server. Wireless shouldn't cause memory issues though?

What hard drive are you running in the xbox?

- babanoosh - 2009-12-28

Strange... how big is your video collection? I have ~ 190 titles over 3 different sources on home pc/server. BTW, your problem with user pass prompt over SMB has always been around as far as I can remember. Sometimes going into a certain share over SMB will trigger it for me. For the most part, it's not a distraction to me as I'm usually in library mode and it's not very prevalent anymore for me, but I've seen the problem resurface at least a few times over the last couple of days troubleshooting various other problems. Sometiems, it's triggered when you can't connect to certain share, even default SMB info, but flaky at other times.

@ Ronie
1.transparency v2.11 run ok on r23183? I noticed the transparency skin page says 'Camelot only' so wanted your take on that. confluence works in r23183 w/ no side affects afaict, and no dvd icon (thank goodness), but nothing touches transparency for sheer usability + aesthetics on xbox, IMO.

2. does textures.xpr contain the dvd meta (or dvd flag) icon? i just started using ember media manager and seem to have dvd icon on virtually every title in my library though they are mostly mpeg4 avis, not DVD. Icon doesn't show in amber (rightfully) so kind of annoying... would just like to see if it's still there,and if it is, what's the name of the textures.xpr tool (haven't used since customizing project mayhem with chokemaniac back in the day) so as to remove it...

3. renaming View-Icons.xml had NO EFFECT whatsoever and in fact, icon view is still available and useable from view mode. any ideas? the more ram usage I can shave on xbox the better. even SMB would help greatly in another attempt to tun latest release plus your v2.11.

btw, if any of you haven't already tried ember, I highly encourage it... no more lengthy waits when rescanning library; predefined sizes for fan art and poster scraping from the get-go; a mechanism by which to control the library and keep future scrapes from bringing in 720p fan art w/o always dragging fanart over ftp, resize, then shoot back over. Also creates .nfo files for each release for all meta info. While XBMC on PC seems to handle this task better than xbox, I like having it all consolidate in a media manager which greatly speeds up library updates, as created .nfo/-fanart/.tbn take precedence over anything scraped online. Therefore online scraping is ignored other than to populate library.

Now I merely need to weed out the very few bad scrapes (incorrect match). Once that's done, it should be the last time. If it has one caveat, it's no discernible way to delete a title from amber w/o also deleting the original file. And I wanna do this sometimes because it creates dupes when looking at rarred sub files.

4. with new skin v2.11, why isn't it possible to point music wall visualization to directly to music library thumbnails?

I know I forgot something but hopefully I'll remember later. Thanks for all your effort and time in this thread. It is much appreciated.

- kautious - 2009-12-28

I have the same setup as Cranial, and just to make the skin fly a little bit more
I turn off my Media flags for movies. I have about 25-27mb of free memory. With them on, Im running 14-16mb free.
just my 2 cents

- Cranial - 2009-12-28

babanoosh Wrote:Strange... how big is your video collection? I have ~ 190 titles over 3 different sources on home pc/server. BTW, your problem with user pass prompt over SMB has always been around as far as I can remember. Sometimes going into a certain share over SMB will trigger it for me. For the most part, it's not a distraction to me as I'm usually in library mode and it's not very prevalent anymore for me, but I've seen the problem resurface at least a few times over the last couple of days troubleshooting various other problems. Sometiems, it's triggered when you can't connect to certain share, even default SMB info, but flaky at other times.

My Movie collection is currently 350 - 400 titles. Most SD but some 720p titles re-encoded to run on xbox. Also about 2500 various TV episodes. All running in Library mode.

With watching video material, I let whatever I'm watching finish, then select something else to watch, not run a concurrent playlist. (No reason really)

I also have a lot of surfing and snow movies I access in file mode (haven't renamed and set up for library mode yet) and this is where I'm seeing the smb password issues. Very annoying, as it's only since I've got the 7.5TB Qnap server that I've noticed this problem. I'm sure I'll sort it though. Perhaps the sources.xml wiki page needs updating?

- Cranial - 2009-12-28

kautious Wrote:I have the same setup as Cranial, and just to make the skin fly a little bit more
I turn off my Media flags for movies. I have about 25-27 free memory. With theme on Im running 14-16.
just my 2 cents

Oh yeah, forgot about that, I'll add to my previous post about requirements....

- babanoosh - 2009-12-28

Hmmm... I dunno then I constantly had memory problems in debug with latest build and not sure I wanna try it again. can't move too fast otherwise nothing plays and I don't like that. memory allocation fails left and right. hopefully it gets resolved else I'm content with r23xxx.And I love my media flags kautious Wink. Actually seeing them for the 1st time on xbox as only a couple titles actually scraped them properly but now with amber, they all show. Weird though... as pc xbmc shows all flags w/o the need for media manager, just regular imdb scrape. Ah well, this prog serves a purpose beyond that for sure, if only to unify, automate, and localize poster/fan art, etc. on pc, and thus dramatically speed up xbox library updates.

i need to migrate to a very lart NAS some day, when I get N speeds, but it would be so tiresome to migrate data. I actually have ~ 800-900 titles (not inc. episodic content) on disc, as certainly not enough HDD space!

- Cranial - 2009-12-28

babanoosh Wrote:Hmmm... I dunno then I constantly had memory problems in debug with latest build and not sure I wanna try it again. can't move too fast otherwise nothing plays and I don't like that. memory allocation fails left and right. hopefully it gets resolved else I'm content with r23xxx.And I love my media flags kautious Wink. Actually seeing them for the 1st time on xbox as only a couple titles actually scraped them properly but now with amber, they all show. Weird though... as pc xbmc shows all flags w/o the need for media manager, just regular imdb scrape. Ah well, this prog serves a purpose beyond that for sure, if only to unify, automate, and localize poster/fan art, etc. on pc, and thus dramatically speed up xbox library updates.

i need to migrate to a very lart NAS some day, when I get N speeds, but it would be so tiresome to migrate data. I actually have ~ 800-900 titles (not inc. episodic content) on disc, as certainly not enough HDD space!

As I believe the Linux, Windows and OSX Versions of XBMC extract stream data from the media files themselves, where as this was not implemented in the xbox version. Arnova did try it, and a build was available for testing, but it proved too much for the xbox to handle.

I love the media flags, but switch on debug mode and watch the CPU usage skyrocket when sitting idle while displaying tags.

I'm still confused as to why you're seeing so many memory problems....

- ronie - 2009-12-28

babanoosh Wrote:1.transparency v2.11 run ok on r23183? I noticed the transparency skin page says 'Camelot only' so wanted your take on that. confluence works in r23183 w/ no side affects afaict, and no dvd icon (thank goodness), but nothing touches transparency for sheer usability + aesthetics on xbox, IMO.

no, i'm sure it will run, but there'll be some things missing.
one thing that come to mind is, i'm making use of this:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=60923
which was added in r24295 (main branch) and probably even a lot later in the xbox branch.

babanoosh Wrote:2. does textures.xpr contain the dvd meta (or dvd flag) icon? i just started using ember media manager and seem to have dvd icon on virtually every title in my library though they are mostly mpeg4 avis, not DVD. Icon doesn't show in amber (rightfully) so kind of annoying... would just like to see if it's still there,and if it is, what's the name of the textures.xpr tool (haven't used since customizing project mayhem with chokemaniac back in the day) so as to remove it...

dvd icon can be found here:
Transparency!\images\flags\movies\source\dvd.png

note, the dvd icon refers to the source of your movie, not the videocodec (mpeg4) or container (.avi)
so if you rip a dvd to an avi file using the mpeg4 codec, it's still valid to display a dvd icon.

babanoosh Wrote:3. renaming View-Icons.xml had NO EFFECT whatsoever and in fact, icon view is still available and useable from view mode. any ideas?

uhhh...seems impossible to me.

babanoosh Wrote:4. with new skin v2.11, why isn't it possible to point music wall visualization to directly to music library thumbnails?

two reasons:
- your music thumbs are scattered across 16 directories (userdata\Thumbnails\Music\0 - f)
- those directories not only contain album thumbs, but also artist thumbs.

- babanoosh - 2009-12-28

Cranial Wrote:As I believe the Linux, Windows and OSX Versions of XBMC extract stream data from the media files themselves, where as this was not implemented in the xbox version. Arnova did try it, and a build was available for testing, but it proved too much for the xbox to handle.

I love the media flags, but switch on debug mode and watch the CPU usage skyrocket when sitting idle while displaying tags.

I'm still confused as to why you're seeing so many memory problems....

oic. that makes sense. more reason to use ember then. I have this now on the xbox and it works great so far in my limited testing i.e. start xbox, load xbmc, play a couple files and ensure all the flags are present across all media. I haven't turned on debug to monitor ram usage when there (perhaps I should) but everything plays and moves alone rather speedily and w/o a hitch. again, this is with older build.

- babanoosh - 2009-12-28

ronie Wrote:dvd icon can be found here:
Transparency!\images\flags\movies\source\dvd.png
D'oh, I went through images and couldn't find it (dunno how I missed it, will check again)... so assumed it had been placed in textures .xpr to speed it up a bit.
ronie;467473
note, the dvd icon refers to the [i Wrote:
source[/i] of your movie, not the videocodec (mpeg4) or container (.avi)
so if you rip a dvd to an avi file using the mpeg4 codec, it's still valid to display a dvd icon.
That makes sense, and perhaps I'm being hypocritical as I like to see the bluray icon on h.264 rips, but it just seems superfluous (to me) for xvid rips, and slightly misleading, again, imo. I'll remove it, thanks! hopefully not empty placeholder will blossom as a result.

thanks for your quick replies!

- christoofar - 2009-12-28

Love this skin! Very easy to set as you like it.

One small niggle, movie folder.jpgs are cutoff top & bottom a bit in Thumbnail view. My folder.jpgs are approx 300X 400 pix. Any way to adjust/fix?

Running this in Tiben's latest DSPlayer build, loving every second!
Poor Crank dude's head is cut off.

- ronie - 2009-12-28

christoofar Wrote:Love this skin! Very easy to set as you like it.

One small niggle, movie folder.jpgs are cutoff top & bottom a bit in Thumbnail view. My folder.jpgs are approx 300X 400 pix. Any way to adjust/fix?

you can either set content to movies on your main movie folder (right click > set content > select movies). doing this will put your thumbs inside a dvd case, using a proper aspect-ratio.

or modify View-Thumbnail.xml and on line 398 & 445 change:
Code:
<aspectratio scalediffuse="false">scale</aspectratio>
to:
Code:
<aspectratio scalediffuse="[b]true[/b]">[b]keep[/b]</aspectratio>