Kodi Community Forum
mythicalLibrarian - a tool to build Movie and TV Show library from MythTV recordings - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: mythicalLibrarian - a tool to build Movie and TV Show library from MythTV recordings (/showthread.php?tid=65644)

- GregoryK - 2010-03-24

Things seem to be going OK from here, your permissions fix has stopped the permissions issues AFAICT, so thanks!

Right now chasing down some segfaults that are triggered by recording over firewire on myth, so haven't had a chance to do much looking into how xbmc likes the Cycling files and such. But last I checked (I think using SVN 299) it still wasn't recognizing the NFO files or otherwise seeing them as TV recordings.

/Greg

- stratoscape - 2010-03-25

kinda puzzled. trying to figure out why the deny

[email]strato@godzuki:~/.mythic[/email]alLibrarian/mythicalSetup$ sudo curl http://mythicallibrarian.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/mythicalSetup.sh >./mythicalSetup.sh
bash: ./mythicalSetup.sh: Permission denied

- outleradam - 2010-03-25

try removing the entire folder first.

- outleradam - 2010-03-26

Fixed error with files showing up as .mpg and -1.mpg in do not process unrecognized shows mode as per email request from nharris.

mythicalLibrarian now supports loading your own config file from ~/mythicalLibrarian/mythicalLibrarian.conf. Also a email request by nharris.

nharris is a dev for LinHES and says that mythicalLibrarian will be going out as part of a distribution with KnoppMyth.

- outleradam - 2010-03-27

I've got two goals this weekend

1. to get as close to complete on mythicalLibrarian as possible

2. find a way to make my new ROVIO into a home security system http://quattrovecchiinamerica.files.wordpress.com/2009/08/rovio.jpg

Please file bug reports or I will be working on 2. all weekend.

I would like to state that as of 3 days ago, the current MythTV Release Candidate is .23RC1.

.23RC1 is untested with mythicalLibrarian.

Apparently the Devs have said that it will break mythicalLibrarian. I will be doing some testing

If you depend on mythicalLibrarian as I do, please wait to do the cutting edge upgrade until I have worked out the kinks with the new database system.

So far so good...

Code:
root@XBMC-Live:~# mythicalLibrarian --mythicalDiagnostics
--You have entered diagnostic mode
mythicalLibrarian will now conduct a series of tests.
press any key to verify installed packages...

package 'mysql-server-5.0' is installed
package 'curl' is installed
package 'agrep' or 'tre-agrep' is installed
package 'libnotify-bin' is installed
Installed packages check ***PASSED***
Press any key to perform Desktop Message test...

Performing librarian-notify-send test
This test verifies that the message was sent to the DBUS.
This test does not verify the user has a valid desktop open.
Desktop Notifications test ***PASSED***
Press any key to perform XBMC Notification test...

Performing XBMC Notifications test
SENDING REQUESTED COMMANDS TO:192.168.1.110:8080
XBMC Communications ***PASSED***
Press any key to test file system permissions...
Testing file system permissions
USER SETTING     |FLAG|Folder name
MoveDir          |1   |/home/mythtv/Episodes
AlternateMoveDir |1   |/home/mythtv/Episodes
PrimaryMovieDir  |1   |/home/mythtv/Movies
AlternateMovieDir|1   |/home/mythtv/Movies
PrimaryShowDir   |1   |/home/mythtv/Showings
AlternateShowDir |1   |/home/mythtv/Showings
mythicalLibrarian|1   |/root/.mythicalLibrarian
Critical Filesystem checks ***PASSED***
press any key to test mythicalLibrarian...

Falsifying information. MythTV-Database is not used for testing.
Performing fuzzy logic lookup on non-MythTV-database file.
Please wait. It may take a moment to build database files
executing mythicalLibrarian testfile.ext 'mister rogers' 'show 1332'
testing for exit status 0
Accessing MythTV DataBase:
RECSTART: MOVIEYEAR: SERIESDATE:
PROGRAMID: ShowCategory: STARS: RATING:0
PLOT:
agrep: 1 word matches within 2 errors
FUZZY LOGIC SHOW NAME: Mister Rogers' Neighborhood ID: 77750
DATABASE IS MAINTAINED. TIME IS:1269722997 NEXT UPDATE IS:1269739650
agrep: 1 word matches within 1 error
FUZZY Exx NUMBER:462
EPISODE:Show 1332 ABSOLUTE NUMBER:462 S07E07
JOB: mythicalLibrarian 'testfile.ext' 'mister rogers' 'show 1332'
TARGET SET:./Episodes/Mister Rogers' Neighborhood S07E07 (Show 1332)
exited with status 0
press any key to continue on to the final results...

All tests complete            RESULTS
  Installed Packages:        ***PASSED***
  Notifications Test:        ***PASSED***
  XBMC Communications:       ***PASSED***
  File System Checks:        ***PASSED***
  mythicalTesting:           ***PASSED***
  Overall mythicalReadiness: ***PASSED***
-----End of diagnostics-----
root@XBMC-Live:~# sudo mythicalLibrarian --doover
--You have entered doover mode.
In this mode of operation, mythicalLibrarian will rerun
mythicalLibrarain against all files which failed on the
last run of mythicalLibrarian.  It is important that this
process does not get interupted or data loss may occour.
  Press 'y' to continue or 'n' to exit..... y/(n):>y
REMOVING ORPHAN FOLDER:./Episodes/Mister Rogers' Neighborhood
Accessing MythTV DataBase:
COMMERCIAL DATA START:12618 STOP:17404
COMMERCIAL DATA START:25355 STOP:30365
COMMERCIAL DATA START:42992 STOP:48179
COMMERCIAL DATA START:55612 STOP:58342
COMMERCIAL DATA START:86650 STOP:96714
RECSTART:2010-03-20 11:00:00 MOVIEYEAR: SERIESDATE:2006-11-07
PROGRAMID:SH000690190000 ShowCategory:News STARS:0 RATING:0
PLOT:
JOB: mythicalLibrarian '/home/mythtv/NAS/1021_20100320110000.mpg' 'CNN Newsroom' ''

TARGET SET:/home/mythtv/NAS/Episodes/CNN Newsroom S2010E320 ( Recorded [email protected])
mv: preserving permissions for `/home/mythtv/NAS/Episodes/CNN Newsroom/CNN Newsroom S2010E320 ( Recorded [email protected]).txt': Permission denied
CREATING SYMLINK IN MOVE MODE
ln: creating symbolic link `/home/mythtv/NAS/1021_20100320110000.mpg': No such file or directory
ERROR CREATING SYMLINK: FILESYSTEM MAY NOT SUPPORT SYMLINKS
MOVED: /home/mythtv/NAS/1021_20100320110000.mpg
TO: /home/mythtv/NAS/Episodes/CNN Newsroom/CNN Newsroom S2010E320 ( Recorded [email protected]).mpg
SENDING REQUESTED COMMANDS TO:192.168.1.110:8080
RSS ENTRY SUCCESSFULLY CREATED: /var/www/mythical-rss/rss.xml
SUCCESSFUL COMPLETEION TYPE: MoveModeSuccessful
Everything appears to be working correctly. The permission denied errors are because I have a FAT32 file system and it does not support symlinks.

- User 57826 - 2010-03-28

outleradam Wrote:I would like to state that as of 3 days ago, the current MythTV Release Candidate is .23RC1.

.23RC1 is untested with mythicalLibrarian.

Apparently the Devs have said that it will break mythicalLibrarian. I will be doing some testing

If you depend on mythicalLibrarian as I do, please wait to do the cutting edge upgrade until I have worked out the kinks with the new database system.

What if we want to stay on 0.22 + Fixes, are you supporting that?

- outleradam - 2010-03-28

No changes to the software were necessary.

At this time, everything appears to be working fine with .22 and .23RC1. If there comes a branching point, I will have to leave the old version behind. I cannot work on a system I do not have. .22 and .23RC1 are fully supported with all versions.

.23RC1 is tested working with mythicalLibrarian.

SVN 306 update- corrected random errors when time is not obtained from thetvdb server, but the episode information is obtained (rare)
Corrected other random errors as well.
Corrected News episodes all have the same date (headline news uses the original airdate as the first day it ever aired)

Please upgrade to SVN 306. Let me know if any errors pop up. I think I've got the last of them. Just want to be sure before I release another stable and call this project done.

- outleradam - 2010-03-30

Please submit bug reports. I reviewed every debug log since SVN306 and cannot find any errors.

- stratoscape - 2010-03-30

Loaded the beta last weekend and got everything back up and running kinda. mythicalLibrarian output files randomly cannot be played (some do, some don't). I have the same problem of where it outputs the files which has been a problem for me since day one using this.

My final output location is /mnt/showtime/mythtv/Episodes (etc for movies, and showings) BUT during installation even though I select these paths I selected showings option to I think catagorize non episodes and now EVERYTHING goes to /showings folder with S0E0 tags which should not be for "24", "Law & Order" among others these are known shows and I dont know why everything is now going there.

I have delayed in posting logs and request for help because in my opinion the currrent beta are #$^# and I would stay awy from them unless you are well versed in Linux which I am not. I simple decided to try it because I was wiping out my setup anyway out of frustration from stablizing my setup.

my mythtv backend is recording and flagging commercials, but my beta frontend is blowing up when I try connecting and watching something on the backend. some of the mythicalLibrarian files are viewable some are not.

Cant decide whether or not to revert to reinstation of 9.10/Jaunty or continue and just wait it out til 10.4/Lucid

I really like this script so not about to give up on making it work out for me thanks for keeping up the work on it.

- outleradam - 2010-03-31

I'm running 10.04B1 on my desktop computer. It seems to be running fine. I really like all the new GNOME features. There's a few bugs where some of the new features crash, but everything else is running great.

Try running sudo mythicalLibrarian --doover and see if that clears it up. I had a problem with a show or two not being recognized. The --doover command should clear it up. Make sure you're running SVN 306 or higher.

I've reviewed my logs for the last few days and everything seems to be in order

http://pastebin.ws/592uml

All recordings were properly categorized. All recordings with SH were categorized as uncatagorizable. All Episodes were assigned Season and Episode.

I'd need a output.log to be able to tell you anything.

- outleradam - 2010-03-31

make sure your Episodes dirs do not have any NFO files in them.