Kodi Community Forum
mythicalLibrarian - a tool to build Movie and TV Show library from MythTV recordings - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: mythicalLibrarian - a tool to build Movie and TV Show library from MythTV recordings (/showthread.php?tid=65644)

- outleradam - 2010-04-01

Since there have been no confirmed reports of any problems in the last week, I'm moving SVN to stable tonight.

Next up:

I will be hosting categoric pictures on a photobucket account. mythicalLibrarian will be linked directly to these pictures. These will only be for cetrain categories. I would like some suggestions. Please post pictures for News, Sports event and any other categories. I will be hosting these pictures to be downloaded as the folder.jpg and therefore the picture you see for the show.

- am4c130d - 2010-04-02

Adam,

Just wanted to thank you for working through all the issues. MythicalLibrarian has run error free for a week for me, renaming every recording (which goes from foreign sport to domestic kids shows and daily news) - thank you. I also think you are pretty close to nailing the most robust naming scheme, if not bang on.

Thanks

Alan

- User 57826 - 2010-04-02

Is there a way to redo episodes that have the -1 at the end?

- outleradam - 2010-04-02

You probly have a pre-SVN 298 version. Run:
mythicalLibrarian --undo
mythicalLibrarian --upgrade

make sure everything comes up right then run
mythicalLibrarian --scan mpg /path/to/recordings

There was some breakage during the categoric naming period.

--undo does nothing, is there a way i can monitor what it's doing?

- outleradam - 2010-04-02

did you run sudo mythicalLibrarian --undo? It warns you that there will be no messages while the process is underway. It's a pretty quick process. It takes about 1 minute to undo 500 episodes. Never stop an undo. It's in the warnings.

If undo has been done, then it's undone, otherwise you can rename ~/.mythicalLibrarian/undo.sh.old to undo.sh and rerun sudo mythicalLibrarian --undo

The undo will undo everything if you let it run. It will appear to do nothing and will not say anything while running, nor is there any logging.

should the links be undone and back to normal?

Another thing i've noticed, if i select SVN, it still only gives me stable (according to whats installed)

I selected SVN 306; It tells me i'm using "Continue using: Stable Fri Apr 2 15:36:41 EDT 2010"

EDIT: Sorry, I really should learn to read Smile

- outleradam - 2010-04-03

So, is there a problem and what did you not read?

- User 57826 - 2010-04-03

the part i didn't rea was about the logging.
no --undo does nothing for me.

If it is undoing something I have no idea what its undoing.

- outleradam - 2010-04-03

It removes symlinks and puts the old file back in place. The undo works very well unless you move the files or stop it in the middle. You can make the undo.sh.old file into a undo.sh file to rerun if you stopped it in the past.

- outleradam - 2010-04-05

djroketboy, SVN 307 has added logging to doover and undo modes. The on-screen logging will start from the point when you perform the upgrade. if you undo and rescan your library you will be able to see what's going on when it happens.

- stratoscape - 2010-04-05

outleradam Wrote:make sure your Episodes dirs do not have any NFO files in them.

Check. There are no NFO files in my current move path yet after I selected "Process unrecognized Episodes and Shows?" as an option everything now goes to the /Showings folder with S0E0 designations and I know this should not be the case for know shows such as the ones in my log as they are known series and use to sort correctly. They use to goto correct Episode folder with correct SxxExx information.

What I expected to happen was for should that we not a series or a movie but a special or non series it would go to the showings folder but not everything. If I have a choice could I not select this and have it revert back to the way it use to save them? thanks again :-)

here are the logs (hope they help)

results from update to SVN 307 Today
http://pastebin.com/0xXFK73R

sample from output.log
http://pastebin.com/B5AzWjER

I am still using the beta and seems to be stable on the backend w/minor issues on frontend. I also have shows going tonight so will post my results from current update

Huh strato

Strato- I think I can see what's going on. You may have something in your database preventing updates. There were a few problems in the past and older versions are not compatable with newer versions. Try removing all folders in your ~/.mythicalLibrarian/ folder. This will force the database to rebuild itself and leave your .tracking files and .log in tact. It appears that everything is working properly, however, mythicalLibrarian is not pulling data as it should, so it may be that the time server files are messed up.

When you finish removing all those folders, run
Code:
sudo mythicalLibrarian --doover
to rerun the files that mythicalLibrarian has said it cannot find information about, but the information should be available.

- stratoscape - 2010-04-05

outleradam Wrote:Try removing all folders in your ~/.mythicalLibrarian/ folder. This will force the database to rebuild itself and leave your .tracking files and .log in tact.

Done! and it worked thank you very much, Back in business whoohoo! Big Grin

outleradam Wrote:When you finish removing all those folders, run
Code:
sudo mythicalLibrarian --doover
to rerun the files that mythicalLibrarian has said it cannot find information about, but the information should be available.

Nothing to --doover

I was able to use what it did save to the showings folder so even though --doover didn't work in this particular case it's cool, the original run did save the files to showings so there was nothing to --doover they (the files) just were not named correctly which is not a problem every once in a while. Most all of my recordings are part of a series so I was anxious to resolve this. Going forward though, I think this will be just fine the way it currently is saving non series shows.

Question, what if one were to manually rename the files including the support files the process creates, would that mess things up if they were manually corrected and or moved to another folder? just wondering.

thanks again

Nod strato

If the files were moved then they will no longer be under the control of mythtv or mythicalLibrarian.

Your logs indicate that mythicalLibrarian raised the goforsoover flag which should have generated some doover jobs. The doover jobs are there so when a episode gets categorized as show, it can be rerun later and properly recognized.