Kodi Community Forum
mythicalLibrarian - a tool to build Movie and TV Show library from MythTV recordings - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: mythicalLibrarian - a tool to build Movie and TV Show library from MythTV recordings (/showthread.php?tid=65644)

- stratoscape - 2010-04-05

outleradam Wrote:If the files were moved then they will no longer be under the control of mythtv or mythicalLibrarian.

sorry for the confusion, I actually have not moved any files, was just curious if they could be, I understand now.

outleradam Wrote:Your logs indicate that mythicalLibrarian raised the goforsoover flag which should have generated some doover jobs. The doover jobs are there so when a episode gets categorized as show, it can be rerun later and properly recognized.

I have never had much success getting the --doover process to work, like last night for instance, I ran it and got the same message I always got that there was nothing to do. I guess I need to investigate why since you are saying based on the log info that it should have ran

what would keep it from running? does it have to be run from a particular folder, or as a particular user (I ran it using sudo) where do you think I should look next to figure out why it is being ignored

Nodstrato

- outleradam - 2010-04-05

Change to the mythtv user before running doover. Each user maintains their own doover. Sudo elevates permissions so the job can be made executable.

sudden permission issues - stratoscape - 2010-04-07

hello,
have not made any changes after the last post and was working great. now just out of the blue i now have permissions issues causing mythicallibrarian to fail. do you think anything in the log will tell me where the permission is so i can correct

http://pastebin.ws/em300n

thanks again,

Huh strato

- stratoscape - 2010-04-07

I found my problem, I need to chown the files and folders under my destination folder /mnt/showtime/mythtv/Episodes. will get it corrected then run --doover and let you know how it worked out Smile

thanks

strato

- outleradam - 2010-04-07

I'm not seeing anything off-hand. try this

Code:
ls -l /var/lib/mythtv/recordings/
That will at least give us a starting point.

running process as mythtv - stratoscape - 2010-04-08

I have resolved the problem with the permissions on the folders so going forward everything should move correctly. now, about the --doover process. I do have flagged processes to run and you said I need to run them as mythtv which so far has been a challenge for me.

I am under the impression that this account is for backend work and I cant even call 'su - mythtv'. I have been trying all week but think it is beyond my skills everytime I call it I get challenged for a password which I dont know (didnt even know it had one) can someone.

can you tell me how to run --doover as user mythtv if this is how you run it?

- outleradam - 2010-04-08

to log in as mythtv user one time
Code:
sudo su mythtv
or to just run a command
Code:
sudo -u mythtv mythicalLibrarian --doover

to change password of mythtv account,
Code:
sudo passwd mythtv
enter your password, then mythtv's twice

if you need to, but cannot sudo while inside the mythtv account, see the mythicalLibrarian wiki for instructions on how to set up the sudoers account for mythtv under the notifications section.

- stratoscape - 2010-04-08

outleradam Wrote:to log in as mythtv user one time
Code:
sudo su mythtv

I thought I tried this earlier and didn't work, tried it again this time and it did, I must have keyed it wrong last time...

thanks again

Big Grin strato

P.S. awfully quiet in here (guess that's a good thing?) and that has me thinking, now that I am all dialed in I sure am not looking forward to upgrading when 10.4 goes live Smile perhaps I stay on my stable beta -- yeah!

- am4c130d - 2010-04-10

I have come across two issues with SVN 307.

I have an issue in the way the NFO files are created when its either a sports show, or an episode unknown to the TVDB (as opposed to an SH with no info.). In both cases, the Title of the show is the recording date and time, plus the word showing or episode - but no actual show information.

At least in the case of the sports, virtually every game I record has the game information as the subtitle from Schedules Direct (at least 99%), it would be more useful to me if that was reflected in the title in the NFO, rather than repeating the date and adding the time. Personally, all three pieces are useful - if that can be done.

Second issue, I record The Daily Show and The Colbert Report - the guests they have are often repeat guests (i.e. were on in a previous season), and MythicalLibrarian always picks the first time they were on the show, not the last time - any way to reverse the search order to get the match the last match? At least for me, I only record new showings, so that would work 100% of the time. The other option would be to match all the showings with a specific guest, and then closest date match from that subset.

Anyway, this is a great script - please keep it up!

Thanks

Alan

- outleradam - 2010-04-11

The Daily Show issue was resolved a long time ago around SVN 250 or so. The problem is that the show is not in TheTvDb. You must add it. mythicalLibrarian does sort by date and then subtitle. You must add the information to thetvdb.

I will look at the naming of the NFO files. I'm about to go out to dinner and a movie with my girlfriend right now. If you would, please post an NFO file and explain what you would like to see. I don't have any sports and it would be much easier to understand with a sports NFO to look at.

The format *SHOULD* be College Football S2010E410 (Grizzley's versus Lions recorded 2010-4-10 @ 20.00.00).mpg which should file all shows under college football and the title should be griz vs lions recorded 2010....

Please post the NFO so I can see where it went wrong.

- am4c130d - 2010-04-11

Thanks for the confirmation on Daily Show and Colbert - I had recalled it was fixed, and then had a handful that went askew - no worries.

To that end, is there a way to undo one episode and re-do it to correct it when people more proactive than me do update the TVDB.

NFO wise - your file naming is spot on for example this is a game which shows no no game specific episode information in library view

Premiership Rugby S2010E402 (Sale vs. Worcester Recorded [email][email protected]).nfo[/email]

its the content of the nfo that goes awry.

Code:
<tvshow>
    <title> Recorded [email protected] -Episode</title>
        <rating>0</rating>
    <plot></plot>
    <genre>Sports event</genre>
    <season>2010</season>
    <episode>402</episode>
</tvshow>

I would expect/want

Code:
<tvshow>
    <title> Sale vs. Worcester Recorded [email protected]</title>
        <rating>0</rating>
    <plot></plot>
    <genre>Sports event</genre>
    <season>2010</season>
    <episode>402</episode>
</tvshow>

the two changes are, I don't care if its a show or an episode, nor about the date and time, I have the date from the season/episode - so that information is redundant for me - however, it's your script, if it has value, it's not a problem for me. It's the information about the game - the teams competing that was missing. This is also true of things like Formula One racing. Basically, what I am observing is that the file (always) gets named correctly, but the actual episode information doesn't make it to the nfo file.

If you want to get really fancy - and the script is pretty amazing already - you could conditionally add the Show Name and Episode Title to the plot, if there is no plot from Schedules Direct - but that's pure wish list.

Adam, as always, the work you are doing here is great, thanks. Don't panic about fixing these, in your own time.

- outleradam - 2010-04-11

Ok, I'm working on getting things straight now. Can you copy the entry from the ~/mythicalLibrarian/output.log file to pastebin.com for me? I need some database information to work with.

- am4c130d - 2010-04-11

If you can handle it pasted here, here is the section for the specific show I highlighted, if you want the entire output.log, let me know. This was quicker...

Thanks

Code:
@@@@@@@@@@@NEW SEARCH INITIATED AT Fri Apr  2 20:02:21 EDT 2010@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
PERFORMING MAINTENANCE ROUTINE
SEARCHING: www.TheTvDb.com SHOW NAME: Premiership Rugby EPISODE: Sale vs. Worcester
FILE NAME: /library/tv/2821_20100402180000.mpg
USING FUZZY LOGIC FOR EPISODE RECOGNITION Please update TheTvDb.com
SEARCH FOUND: ID#:
series was not found the tvdb or this is a movie may be down try using a showtranslation for Premiership Rugby
DB ENTIRES- RECSTART:2010-04-02 18:00:00- MOVIE:- ORIGAIRDATE:2010-04-02- CHID:2821- CAT:Sports event-
###################DEBUG MODE ENABLED####################
MY USER NAME:mythtv-
LISTING INTERNAL VARIABLES USED BY mythicalLibrarian.
INTERNET TIMEOUT:50- TVDB API KEY:6DF511BB2A64E0E9- mythicalLibrarian WORKING DIR:/home/mythtv/.mythicalLibrarian-
MOVE DIR:/library/xbmc-tv- USING SHOWNAME AS FOLDER:Enabled-
FAILSAFE MODE:Enabled- FAILSAFE DIR:/home/mythtv/FailSafe- ALTERNATE MOVE DIR:/home/mythtv/Episodes-
USE ORIGINAL DIR:Disabled NOTIFICATIONS:Disabled DEBUG MODE:Enabled-
INPUT SHOW NAME:Premiership Rugby- LOCAL SHOW NAME TRANSLATION:- ShowName:Premiership Rugby
DATABASE UPDATED:- TVDB LAST UPDATED:- CURRENT:-
RESOLVED SERIES ID:- RESOVED SHOW NAME:-
INPUT EPISODE NAME:Sale vs. Worcester- ABSOLOUTE EPISODE NUMBER:- RESOLVED EPISODE NAME:Sale vs. Worcester-
SEASON:- EPISODE:- SYMLINK MODE:MOVE- FILESIZE: 4654487kB-
CREATE AND DELETE FLAGS: ORIGINALDIR:1- FREE:178288368kB- WORKINGDIR:1 FREE:133954856kB-
MOVEDIRWRITABLE:1- FREE:178288368kB- ALTERNATEMOVEDIR:1- FREE:133954856kB-
PRIMARYSHOWDIRWRITABLE:1-  FREE:178288368kB-ALTERNATESHOWDIRWRITABLE:1- FREE:133954856kB-
PRIMARYMOVIEDIRWRITABLE:1- FREE:178288368kB- ALTERNATEMOVIEDIR:1- FREE:133954856kB-
DATABASE TYPE:schedulesdirect1-
RECSTART:2010-04-02 18:00:00- MOVIE YEAR:- ORIGINAL SERIES DATE:2010-04-02-
PROGRAMID:EP007904710170- CHANNEL ID:2821- CATEGORY:Sports event- GOFORDOOVER:1-
EXTRAPOLATED DATA DETERMINED THIS RECORDING AS A:Series With Episode Data- STARS:0 RATING:0
ZAP2IT SERIES ID:790471- MATCHED TVDB SERIES ID:-
PLOT:
####################END OF DEBUG LOG#####################
WARNING:SHOW WAS CONSIDERED AN EPISODE BUT INFORMAITON WAS NOT OBTAINABLE
%%%%%%%%%%%%Please consider helping out and adding to thetvdb%%%%%%%%%%%%
HANDLING EPISODE AS GENERAL SHOWING AND DUMPING INTO --doover USER JOB
GENERIC GUIDE DATA WAS SUPPLIED TYPE: Series With Episode Data- Premiership Rugby, Sale vs. Worcester
WARNING:%%%%%%%%%%PROGRAM GUIDE DATA IS NOT COMPLETE%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
MOVING FILE: /library/tv/2821_20100402180000.mpg to /library/xbmc-tv/Premiership Rugby/Premiership Rugby S2010E402 (Sale vs. Worcester Recorded [email protected]).mpg
@@@@@@@@@@@@@OPERATION COMPLETE Fri Apr 2 20:02:25 EDT 2010 @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

- outleradam - 2010-04-12

SVN 308 includes a differentiation between Categorically named programs, Episodes which are in doover que and showings.

The bug should have been fixed. Please run mythicalLibrarian --update, choose SVN, then run sudo mythicalLibrarian --doover.

- outleradam - 2010-04-13

Let me know if it's working properly please. I will be locking categorically named files in SVN soon so they are not cycled through the doover que anymore. Please run --update and --doover for the newest naming conventions and let me know if news, sports and others are named correctly.