Kodi Community Forum
mythicalLibrarian - a tool to build Movie and TV Show library from MythTV recordings - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: mythicalLibrarian - a tool to build Movie and TV Show library from MythTV recordings (/showthread.php?tid=65644)

- am4c130d - 2010-04-13

Seems to have done the trick - I've checked the nfos for three games that previously didn't have the info. The word "episode" in the title section has been replaced with "categoric"...

Thanks again.

Now all I need to crack is the EDL information not quite working in some shows - its off topic, but have you experienced the skips taking place too soon and landing too late?

- outleradam - 2010-04-16

The comskips are a problem with mythcommflag. You can disable comskips from within mythtv.

Are there any problems at all with mythcialLibrarian? I am not working on anything currently.

btw.. If you like mythicalLibrarian, please add to my rep by clicking the scales icon.

XBMC connection - Dobyken - 2010-04-16

I installed your app yesterday and it appears to work pretty good. I did have one minor error that most likely doesn't matter. All the install tests passed except for the XBMC web connection. Since I don't get anything when I enter 192.168.1.3:8080 into firefox I would say that it's not your software but something in XBMC. I have the "Move To" folders set for content and scanned in XBMC so the content does get put into the XBMC library. Do we actually need the XBMC connection for something?

- outleradam - 2010-04-16

The XBMC connection will notify you when a new recording is available and updates the XBMC database. Check in XBMC under settings/network. Enable programs to control XBMC and web server enabled.

Are there any problems at all with mythcialLibrarian? I am not working on anything currently.

- Dobyken - 2010-04-16

outleradam Wrote:The XBMC connection will notify you when a new recording is available and updates the XBMC database. Check in XBMC under settings/network. Enable programs to control XBMC and web server enabled.

It's dangerous but I was thinking...XBMC is running in full screen. In order to connect to the XBMC web server doesn't XBMC need to be running or is there a background service that runs all the time? It appears to be modal and I can't alt tab to firefox with XBMC up. Is there a keyboard command to get to the desktop besides ctl-alt-d that works from fullscreen? As for something to do...I haven't had enough time playing yet to find any bugs.
It worked fine on 4 TV shows and one recorded movie. I must commend you on your wiki...one of the best I've seen for what appears, on the surface, a small application. Although I've been doing computer work for 30 years I'm new at Linux so a well written document is appreciated.

- outleradam - 2010-04-17

There's nothing dangerous about it. The hot key you are looking for is "\"

The mythicalLibrarian notification system is designed to be as friendly as possible.

1. XBMC Notificiations- designed to inform you that there are new shows availble and to update your library.

2. Desktop notifications- designed to pop up and explain to you why your hard disk light may be going crazy. Desktop notifications are designed within the Ubuntu notifications standard. IE.They are to be taken light-heartedly and require no action on the part of the user.

The only reason I added Desktop notifications is because my mythtv backend is on a different computer then my XBMC front end. My backend is my main desktop and all files are recorded, then either transferred to my NAS or stored locally.

Desktop notifications are not needed and can be disabled by changing the username in setup. XBMC Notifications are suggested, but not required. You can scan manually.

- am4c130d - 2010-04-17

Hi Adam,

Absolutely no problems with MythicalLibrarian - it works great. I can't add to your reputation, I did that ages ago, and the system won't let me do it twice.

The problem with the EDL is not Mythcommflag - I switch between XBMC and MythTV front end a lot. MythTV jumps pretty accurately, XBMC does not. The conversion from pure frame count to time count seems likely to be where there are issues. Either way, if you are using it and don't have a problem, then I probably have a config issue, I'll keep working on it.

Thanks

Alan

- outleradam - 2010-04-17

Please see this thread http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=64579 Then start a new thread on this issue.

I have had problems, but nothing too severe. I will verify using a MythTV frontend and see if both handle the files the same way. I only have the issues on some shows so I assumed it was related to the way the studio did their cut scenes. It's never been an issue for me because it usually is only around 3 out of 10 shows have an improperly placed comskip, usually kids shows.

I used the Dev recommended methods of inserting comskip information. Somewhere in that thread it states that XBMC should be better then any other method of determining comskip information from comskip files. Please submit bug reports detailing the finding.

I have not verified any out of place comskips on my end but I will attempt to locate some.

- Dobyken - 2010-04-18

outleradam Wrote:The XBMC connection will notify you when a new recording is available and updates the XBMC database. Check in XBMC under settings/network. Enable programs to control XBMC and web server enabled.

Actually..there's a couple of things I was looking for. Do you support Season folders? I put all my recordings into "Season 1" "Season 2" etc. The only issue with everything going into a single folder is that if I already have a Season 1 folder and a file gets moved into the root folder I have to manually move it to the proper season. I then wind up with 2 entries in XBMC so I have to delete the old one. I guess I could start putting them all in the same folder since XBMC creates logical folders based on the SxxExx values. It just a house keeping issue with series like 24 where I have 200 or so episodes.

The other thing was if there's a single config screen to make changes rather than run the full setup?

- iamhungry - 2010-04-19

outleradam Wrote:Are there any problems at all with mythcialLibrarian? I am not working on anything currently.

MythicalLibrarian is a cool little piece of code, thank you for all your hard work!

I currently use a little script I found on the internet and irexec to switch between Mythtv and XBMC (ubuntu 9.10). I have played a little with an earlier version of MythicalLibrarian, but I live in Japan. Show names are in Japanese, there is no site to get show info from, and the EPG data is pretty bad. The genera given in the EPG data is often incorrect, and inconsistent. The poor librarian gets pretty confused pretty quick.

My question is, could recording groups be used to put items into the XBMC library?

I have a recording group called "news" that gets 3 different news shows recorded into it. Could "news" be the name of the show in the XBMC library, but actually, when you clicked "news" there would be 3 different shows, with unique individual names.

I could then make an NFO file for the recording group, and art would be shared with all shows in the group.

I don't need any kind of plot summery or actor data.
If I could just see the title, and air date of the show I would be happy.

I realize there are probably not a lot of people who would like to "trick" XBMC into thinking a recording group was a show, but it would be very helpful for me. Is this something that could be done with minimal effort?

- outleradam - 2010-04-19

^^ It will require a separate database processor. I will see about adding one which will detect all episodes as shows. It will require a name. Please come up with an appropriate setting name for such an episode processor which will skip TVDB scanning and be universally acceptable for all countries and languages. It can be as simple as "no TVDB" or "Skip TVDB". Setting names are important as I am trying to keep them as short and understandable as possible.

It does not seem that it would be very difficult. I should be able to implement it within a week or so. All shows will be labeled S0E0, or do you think it would be more appropriate to create a separate naming convention which would include S*year*E*MonthDay*

Dobyken Wrote:Actually..there's a couple of things I was looking for. Do you support Season folders? I put all my recordings into "Season 1" "Season 2" etc. The only issue with everything going into a single folder is that if I already have a Season 1 folder and a file gets moved into the root folder I have to manually move it to the proper season. I then wind up with 2 entries in XBMC so I have to delete the old one. I guess I could start putting them all in the same folder since XBMC creates logical folders based on the SxxExx values. It just a house keeping issue with series like 24 where I have 200 or so episodes.

The other thing was if there's a single config screen to make changes rather than run the full setup?

I wrote a detailed response yesterday but the power went out, then the power went out again.

Can you do some testing for me to see if the current naming convention will work in a folder like "/episodes/Family guy/Season 1/Family Guy S01E01 (first episode).mpg"?

I need to know if this will work before I do this. The intention of mythicalLibrarian is not to make the shows ready to be copied to DVD. mythicalLibrarian is designed to import shows into XBMC. If the naming convention is completely compatable, then it will be easy to implement. Please do some testing.

The current naming convention is completely portable as a single file, whereas if the folder is required to be included, the file looses portability.

iamhungry Wrote:I have a recording group called "news" that gets 3 different news shows recorded into it. Could "news" be the name of the show in the XBMC library, but actually, when you clicked "news" there would be 3 different shows, with unique individual names.
I just reread this.. How do you propose to separate all this information without a graphical user interface? Like you said earlier, your genres are not correct. This would require importing your recordings from mythtv into a GUI to be sorted and separated, then mythicalLibrarian would have to read from a separate file to determine the disposition of each and every recording.

XBMC supports sort by genre. The genre should already be included in the NFO. I'm at work right now or I'd check. While a GUI selection would be possible using X on a desktop or dialog from the terminal, it would be better to just use the sort by genre selection from XBMC as a GUI would very much complicate things.

- Dobyken - 2010-04-19

outleradam Wrote:^^ It will require a separate database processor. I will see about adding one which will detect all episodes as shows. It will require a name. Please come up with an appropriate setting name for such an episode processor which will skip TVDB scanning and be universally acceptable for all countries and languages. It can be as simple as "no TVDB" or "Skip TVDB". Setting names are important as I am trying to keep them as short and understandable as possible.

It does not seem that it would be very difficult. I should be able to implement it within a week or so. All shows will be labeled S0E0, or do you think it would be more appropriate to create a separate naming convention which would include S*year*E*MonthDay*

I wrote a detailed response yesterday but the power went out, then the power went out again.

Can you do some testing for me to see if the current naming convention will work in a folder like "/episodes/Family guy/Season 1/Family Guy S01E01 (first episode).mpg"?

I need to know if this will work before I do this. The intention of mythicalLibrarian is not to make the shows ready to be copied to DVD. mythicalLibrarian is designed to import shows into XBMC. If the naming convention is completely compatable, then it will be easy to implement. Please do some testing.

The current naming convention is completely portable as a single file, whereas if the folder is required to be included, the file looses portability.

I've got all my files in season folders already and XBMC reads them fine...it recurses through the folders named Season # and adds the files. It's just a matter of moving them down one level from where they currently get moved. What I had in mind was something like a selection on the config screen that asks if you want Season folders. Your code would then use that and
Sudo code (excuse my VB6 roots)

If SeasonFolders=True then
If not exist([Drive]/Episodes/ShowTitle/Season # then
MkDir [Drive]/Episodes/ShowTitle/Season #
mv Showtitle [Drive]/Episodes/ShowTitle/Season#/Showtitle
else
mv Showtltle [Drive]/Episodes/ShowTitle
End if

Currently you are moving the files all into one folder so I wind up with

Showname Folder
ShowTitle S01E01.MPG
ShowTltle S01E02.MPG
ShowTitle S02E01.MPG
ShowTitle S02E02.MPG

Suggested Optional Season Folders
Showname Folder
Season 1
ShowTitle S01E01.MPG
ShowTltle S01E02.MPG
Season 2
ShowTitle S02E01.MPG
ShowTitle S02E02.MPG

It just gets too messy with 200 episodes over 8 years all in the same folder. I'm not sure what you meant by "ready for DVD" . With my example instead of having 200 episodes in one folder it would be broken up into 8 folders each with 24 episodes. Besides..I couldn't fit 24 episodes on a DVD<grin>.

Sounds like a good idea. This will be the new default.
Code:
/path/Episodes/Show title/Season xx/Title SxxExx (sub title).ext
I'm not adding additional settings for something trivial unless Boxee cannot support this format.

I will get on that very soon. This will require an additional folder check, additional folder creation, a small change to the path, and additional checking for the maintenance routine.

Sounds easy enough.

- outleradam - 2010-04-20

Just wanted you all to know that I am working on getting my desktop up and running right now. I just got a new nVidia video card and I decided I want to try running Kubuntu. Something went wrong and I'm booted off a live CD now while I'm downloading another copy. It may be a day or two before I can do anything.

On the Plus side, I've never seen a video card that is this big. The darn thing says it has 216 cores on it.