Kodi Community Forum
mythicalLibrarian - a tool to build Movie and TV Show library from MythTV recordings - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: mythicalLibrarian - a tool to build Movie and TV Show library from MythTV recordings (/showthread.php?tid=65644)

- GregoryK - 2010-04-29

Adam:

Updated to 369, ran --doMaintenance, then --doover. Still no recognition of Top Gear.

Again, this is a tiny tiny issue, so don't sweat it. Thanks for the great script!

/gkk

- outleradam - 2010-04-30

GregoryK Wrote:Adam:

I'm back. mythicalLibrarian has been working great for me lately, with one minor exception: it can't seem to get episode information for Top Gear (recorded off of BBC America.) It looks like the lookup gets the correct TVDB and Zap2It series info, but then can't get the episode information, even tho thetvdb.org has the episode info listed.

Here's the most recent example, recorded yesterday. From my --doover output:

Code:
REMOVING ORPHAN /var/lib/mythtv/recordings/Showings/Top Gear/Top Gear S0E0 (Recorded [email protected] on 1162).txt
REMOVING ORPHAN /var/lib/mythtv/recordings/Showings/Top Gear/Top Gear S0E0 (Recorded [email protected] on 1162).nfo
Accessing MythTV DataBase:
COMMERCIAL DATA START:22413 STOP:25397
COMMERCIAL DATA START:40185 STOP:45438
COMMERCIAL DATA START:60991 STOP:65393
COMMERCIAL DATA START:75297 STOP:79097
COMMERCIAL DATA START:87473 STOP:91847
RECSTART:2010-04-26 18:00:00 MOVIEYEAR: SERIESDATE:2010-04-26
PROGRAMID:EP003351720253 ShowCategory:Auto STARS:0 RATING:0
PLOT: Jeremy makes a film about the BMW X6.
TESTING FOR ZAP2IT SERIES ID MATCH:Top Gear
DATABASE IS MAINTAINED. TIME IS:1272393745 NEXT UPDATE IS:1272405700
MATCH FOUND BASED ON Zap2itID:Top Gear ID:74608
TESTING FOR ZAP2IT SERIES ID MATCH:Top Gear Australia
DATABASE IS MAINTAINED. TIME IS:1272393745 NEXT UPDATE IS:1272405702
TESTING FOR ZAP2IT SERIES ID MATCH:Top Gear classic
DATABASE IS MAINTAINED. TIME IS:1272393745 NEXT UPDATE IS:1272461988
TESTING FOR ZAP2IT SERIES ID MATCH:Top Gear Russia
DATABASE IS MAINTAINED. TIME IS:1272393745 NEXT UPDATE IS:1272405702
TESTING FOR ZAP2IT SERIES ID MATCH:Top Gear Xtra
DATABASE IS MAINTAINED. TIME IS:1272393745 NEXT UPDATE IS:1272405703
DB ABSOLOUTE Exx NR:-1 BASED ON ORIG AIR DATE:2010-04-26
FUZZY Exx NUMBER:
EPISODE: ABSOLUTE NUMBER:
JOB: mythicalLibrarian '/var/lib/mythtv/recordings/1162_20100426180000.mpg' 'Top Gear' ''
WARNING: EPISODE INFORMATION COULD NOT BE OBTAINED
HANDLING AS A GENERAL SHOWING
Please consider helping out and adding to thetvdb.
TARGET SET:/var/lib/mythtv/recordings/Showings/Top Gear/Top Gear S0E0 (Recorded [email protected] on 1162)
CREATING SYMLINK IN MOVE MODE
MOVED: /var/lib/mythtv/recordings/1162_20100426180000.mpg
TO: /var/lib/mythtv/recordings/Showings/Top Gear/Top Gear S0E0 (Recorded [email protected] on 1162).mpg
/usr/local/bin/mythicalLibrarian: line 788: [: missing `]'
SENDING REQUESTED COMMANDS TO:192.168.1.10:8080
RSS ENTRY SUCCESSFULLY CREATED: /var/www/mythical-rss/rss.xml
SUCCESSFUL COMPLETEION TYPE: MoveModeSuccessful
done.
Here's the entry on thetvdb.org that mythicalLibrarian couldn't parse: http://thetvdb.com/?tab=episode&seriesid=74608&seasonid=122131&id=1424561&lid=7

(Note: I was running SVN 306 until today, when I --updated to the current SVN (352) and then ran the --doover which generated the output quoted above.)

Any ideas? Thanks!

/gkk

The tvdb has a different original airdate for this episode

Quote:7Most Expensive Road Tests 2010-01-03Image

It would appear that the entry is not located in thetvdb. You should add it.

Just fixed a problem with generating NFO files. Thanks for posting that debug log, it lead me to a fault on line 788. please do a sudo mythicalLibrarian --update to SVN.

SVN 372 added a new database processor for Japaneese programming. run sudo mythicalLibrarian --update and select no to do you have one of the following guide data types.

This will bypass all attempts to lookup on thetvdb.com

- Dobyken - 2010-05-01

outleradam Wrote:Just fixed a problem with generating NFO files. Thanks for posting that debug log, it lead me to a fault on line 788. please do a sudo mythicalLibrarian --update to SVN.

Still getting endless loop in setup with 10.04. It said parsing mythicalLibrarian then came back to the install "Stable - Latest SVN".

Other issue. When attempting --undo running as mythtv(sudo su mythtv) it prompts for password. Is there a mythtv user password? I tried blank, my user password and the mysql password. Just running undo without sudo pops up a "must run using sudo" message. I don't seem to remember entering a mythtv password anywhere when I installed 10.04 last week.

I've got mythical running fine using --scan (both myself and mythtv user) but can't seem to get the userjob to run which is not mythical's problem. I've run mythicalDiagnostics both as my user name and mythtv and they both passed except for the messaging which is turned off in setup. I see a few lines in the backend log about not being able to access the jobqueue or invalid jobqueue so I have to clean those up first.

- outleradam - 2010-05-01

Please run the following:

Code:
sudo rm /usr/local/bin/mythicalLibrarian
sudo rm -Rf ~/.mythicalLibrarian
mkdir ~/.mythicalLibrarian && mkdir ~/.mythicalLibrarian/mythicalSetup && cd ~/.mythicalLibrarian/mythicalSetup
curl [url=http://mythicallibrarian.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/mythicalSetup.sh][color=#0000ff]http://mythicallibrarian.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/mythicalSetup.sh[/color][/url]>./mythicalSetup.sh
sudo chmod +x ./mythicalSetup.sh && sudo ./mythicalSetup.sh

This should do a full clean reset to your system, you should copy the files named .tracking out of the folder before deleting and then reinsert them after the setup.

to change the mythtv password run
[sudo]passwd mythtv[/code] then set it how you like.

I am not able to reproduce any looping. Let me know if this does not work for you.

Committing 381 to stable

- outleradam - 2010-05-02

is anyone getting the loop error on a mythicalLibrarian --update from a recent version?

- outleradam - 2010-05-02

I am working on POSIX compliance. Please use stable until further notice. SVN will be unstable during this time as I perform this update so that Apple users can play too.

Wiki Addition - Dobyken - 2010-05-03

I was running into a little problem when deleting shows in XBMC where orphan data was left in Myth. I didn't see anything in the wiki but found the "Symlink = Disabled" setting in mythicalLibrarian.sh. Since my intentions are to use XBMC for all recorded viewing I don't need the recording left in Mythtv which is only used for live TV. Perhaps you could add an explanation of the three move modes in the WIKI. This is my understanding of their usage:

Symlink=Disabled - Recordings are moved to either the XBMC Movie or TV folders and all myth data records of those recordings are removed including metadata and graphics. The recordings will only be viewable in XBMC.

Symlink= Move - Recordings are moved to either the XBMC Movie or TV folders and a symbolic link is created in the Mythtv recording folder which points to the actual file in the
XBMC video folder. If you have MythTV setup marked to follow symbolic links when deleting files then the video will also be removed from your XBMC folder. If follow symbolic links is turned off in MythTV then only the Myth records will be removed and the XBMC video will be untouched. If you remove the video file from the XBMC folder then orphan records will be left in the MythTV database.

Symlink= Link - Recordings are left in the original myth directory and a link is created in XBMC that points to the actual file. Deleting the file in MythTV will remove the actual video file and it will not be viewable in XBMC. Removing the file in in XBMC will only remove the link to the actual video file.

- outleradam - 2010-05-03

^^ True. I will update the Wiki soon. I am working on replacing my wheel bearing on my car tonight so I will not be able to do it.

The SVN is still down for now. Please use stable until further notice.

- Dobyken - 2010-05-04

outleradam Wrote:^^ True. I will update the Wiki soon. I am working on replacing my wheel bearing on my car tonight so I will not be able to do it.

The SVN is still down for now. Please use stable until further notice.

Yeah, we don't want your wheels to come off going around a turn. I need to do both my front wheel bearings on my blazer. It's just that this HTPC stuff takes so much of my time.

- outleradam - 2010-05-05

^^ The Wiki was updated

The SVN 403 is ready for public consumption. The RegEx's throughout mythicalLibrarian and mythicalSetup have been revised. I am currently testing for accuracy. This was a major change. I am looking for accuracy errors as well as logic loopholes. I have caught most of them, however there may be a few shows that slip through the cracks.

I need Mac Users!!!!!

If you own a mac, please help out. Try out the mythicalSetup and the mythicalLibrarian --update functions. I cannot test these as my virtual machine does not have internet access for some reason. I'm working on it, but I really need help making sure there are no critical errors which will prevent this from working on a Mac. I cannot test anything without Internet access though. Any testing would be appreciated.

I'm worried that mythicalLibrarian uses errors to determine status of execution and Mac says "error!, OMFG STOP THE PROGRAM!". I'd like to get the kinks worked out.

mythicalLibrarian for mac is a program that runs in mac from the terminal. Currently there is no differentiation as far as Linux bash and Mac bash is concerned except for different versions of bash and availability of packages. Mac is essentially Linux, actually freeBSD, with a different interface.

mythicalSetup will create a /usr/local/bin folder and add it to the path variable as well as the ~/.profile. This allows you to run mythicalLibrarian under Mac the exact same way you would under linux.

I am working on getting a virtual mac machine working which will allow me to perform testing, however, this initial testing is important to me. If anyone would like to help, please try running the instructions provided in the wiki for installation and try out this agrep to see if it works http://agrep.darwinports.com/.

- GregoryK - 2010-05-05

Quote:I am working on getting a virtual mac machine working which will allow me to perform testing, however, this initial testing is important to me. If anyone would like to help, please try running the instructions provided in the wiki for installation and try out this agrep to see if it works http://agrep.darwinports.com/.

I have a Mac (tho I don't have any myth recordings stored on my mac and so don't really need mythicalLibrarian on the Mac) and will help you test, but before I install for the first time, what specific wiki instructions are you referring to that we should try? The manual install in 1.1.1 or the automatic install in 1.1.2?

/Greg

- outleradam - 2010-05-05

Automatic install or manual install. Any feedback will be helpful. my Virtual Mac does not have network access so mythicalSetup fails from the start.

Personally, I copied the entire ~/.mythicalLibrarian folder into my mac and made the /usr/local/bin/ folder where I copied the Volume/FlashDrive/mythicalLibrarian file. Then I did echo "PATH=$PATH /usr/local/bin">~/.profile and restarted. This makes mythicalLibrarian work the same on a Mac as it does on linux. I just can't test anything because my virtual machine is locked inside a box with no access to the outside world except flash drives.

Leftover Folders - Dobyken - 2010-05-05

Adam, looking in /home/mythtv/.mythicalLibrarian there are folders that appear to be created when you are matching show titles. There are 70 or 80 that contain the word House which I record. Is there a setting to clean these up after Librarian runs?