Kodi Community Forum
mythicalLibrarian - a tool to build Movie and TV Show library from MythTV recordings - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: mythicalLibrarian - a tool to build Movie and TV Show library from MythTV recordings (/showthread.php?tid=65644)

- GregoryK - 2010-05-09

The OS X install DVD has all the Developer stuff as an optional install, so that you don't have to register and download it all if you have the disc. (Not that that's much less of a hassle.)

I know nothing about the scripting end, but just as a concept ... would it be simpler to offer to download and install MacPorts and then call MacPorts from the setup script to install agrep and dialog?

/gkk

- outleradam - 2010-05-09

I'll be down for maintenance today. If anyone cares to test, the Darwin branches have been put in place and should work for mythicalSetup in the svn

I've got to reinstall Ubuntu to 10.04 LTS. I'm tired of dealing with bugs that should have been fixed but weren't when I went from 10.04 beta1 to beta2 to RC to LTS.

Let me know if there's any problem. Is there a problem with having a Mac user reinsert his/her Mac OS cd and installing software by rebooting to it and selecting X11 and cocoa dev tools?

When you get time... - Dobyken - 2010-05-09

Adam, today as I waited for last nights Nascar Racing (20gb) to process I was thinking why even process it....why not just leave it in Mythtv. Have you thought about adding an "ignore" list where either the category = "Live Sporting Event" or title contains "Nascar" or title contains "NFL Football" just leave them alone? Remember a couple of weeks ago you were "begging" for something to do<grin>?

- outleradam - 2010-05-10

^^Done.
Download SVN Revision 436 or higher.
create a file called ~/.mythicalLibrarian/categoricIgnore and put the show categories in there. Only one per line.
create a file called ~/.mythicalLibrarian/titleIgnore and put the show titles in there. Only one per line.
Until mythicalSetup is updated it will exit with a non-zero status on each ignore. I will update mythicalSetup later.

- Dobyken - 2010-05-10

outleradam Wrote:^^Done.
Download SVN Revision 436 or higher.
create a file called ~/.mythicalLibrarian/categoricIgnore and put the show categories in there. Only one per line.
create a file called ~/.mythicalLibrarian/titleIgnore and put the show titles in there. Only one per line.
Until mythicalSetup is updated it will exit with a non-zero status on each ignore. I will update mythicalSetup later.

Thanks Adam, I'll give it a try.

- outleradam - 2010-05-13

Let me know if that last patch worked.

VirtualBox 3.1.8Beta is out. I'm working on using it to run my mac machine. it does not seem to like it so far, but I will find out what I can do.

- outleradam - 2010-05-13

Got the network up. Here is what I see on my Mac.

Code:
adam-outlers-mac-pro:~ adam$ sudo chmod +x ./mythicalSetup.sh && sudo ./mythicalSetup.sh
adam
I see you have a Apple Macintosh! While mythicalLibrarian is still primarily Linux based, it is striving to become a cross-platform utility.  Please report any bugs in the mythicalLibrarian thread on forum.XBMC.org.  Press any key to continue...
Please obtain MacPorts and install package dialog
Verified curl exists
Please obtain MacPorts and install package agrep
'libnotify-bin' is a non essential missing package on your system
This platform does not support Pop-up notifications.-OK
the proper dependencies must be installed...
The missing dependencies are agrep
Please obtain MacPorts and install
Would you like some help on installing MacPorts? Select: (y)/n

Please select
1. Snow Leopard
2. Leopard
3. Tiger
Select (1), 2, or 32

Step 1. Please download the MacPorts dmg file in Safari from:
http://distfiles.macports.org/MacPorts/MacPorts-1.8.2-10.5-Leopard.dmg
Step 2. Double-click on the file to mount it
Step 3. Double-click on the MacPorts pkg file
Step 4. click continue, agree, install, and finally close when the Install Suceeded
Press any key when finished...
Step 5. Verify X11 is installed on your system.  It can be found in the finder under
Applications->Utilities->X11
If it is not there, you have two options:
Step 6a. Insert your mac recovery CD and reboot to it, click the \'customize\' button before installation and select X11. This should not harm any of your documents or programs unless you select reinstallation instead of upgrade.
Step 6B. Obtain a copy of xorg-server and build it on your Mac
Press any key to continue...

Step 7. Download Xcode
Step 7a. Log into the Mac Dev Center here:
http://developer.apple.com/technologies/xcode.html
If you are not registered as a developer, it is free with your AppleID and takes 5 minutes
You will need to Download Xcode 3.1.4 or later to work with your version of OSX
Step 7b. Once you have registered, you can open the following link in safari:
https://developer.apple.com/mac/scripts/downloader.php?path=/iphone/iphone_sdk_3.2__final/xcode_3.2.2_and_iphone_sdk_3.2_final.dmg
Step 8. Double-click to Mount the Xcode dmg file
Step 9. Double-click to run the Xcode pkg file and run through the easy installer
Press any key to continue...

step 10. Open the terminal and type the following
sudo port install agrep
step 11. type the following
sudo port install dialog
adam-outlers-mac-pro:~ adam$

I'm attempting to follow my directions for the first time, So we will see how it ends up. I appreciate the help. I now have networking on a Mac so I can actually get this thing working.

If anyone has any suggestions as to how I can reduce the time to perform the initial installation of mythicalLibrarian, I'm all ears. It takes a 3gig download of Xcode in order to make to small files totaling around 50kB.

If there is a better way to build agrep for fuzzy logic and dialog for menu driven installation, Please let me know.

- jaygardner - 2010-05-14

why not ask the user to insert their Leopard/SL disk and install the developer tools? then you don't need to download... On the SL install disk, there is a folder named Optional Installs and then you simply need to run the Xcode.mpkg

-jay

- outleradam - 2010-05-14

Thank you. I am new to mac, however I am familiar with the terminal as it is the same on Linux.

mac install - kvandesteeg - 2010-05-15

i don't know bash -
does the test on line 43 of mythicalSetup work for a mac as libnotify-bin is optional for OSX? -- it looks like there is an exit 1 in that THEN clause

Code:
I see you have a Apple Macintosh! While mythicalLibrarian is still primarily Linux based, it is striving to become a cross-platform utility.  Please report any bugs in the mythicalLibrarian thread on forum.XBMC.org.  Press any key to continue... Verified dialog exists
Verified curl exists
Verified agrep exists
'libnotify-bin' is a non essential missing package on your system
This platform does not support Pop-up notifications.-OK
the proper dependencies must be installed...
The missing dependencies are
Please obtain MacPorts and install
Would you like some help on installing MacPorts? Select: (y)/n

Code:
mini:mythicalSetup htpc$ port -v
MacPorts 1.8.2

A couple of itsy-bitsy questions - Dobyken - 2010-05-15

1. Are Categoricignore and Titleignore entries case sensitive?

2. Are they only strict match or title "Contains" or "Begins" with keyword?

I took a quick look at your code and although I was a VB and Oracle programmer I'm not real familiar with bash scripting.

- outleradam - 2010-05-15

Yes they are case sensitive. They are also match only.

- kvandesteeg - 2010-05-15

I make no claims about being bash literate, but it looks like these lines cause mythicalsetup to stop on my mac. i deleted the notify-send part of the if clause, but it looks like the script downloads and executes the script from the SVN.

line 43 -
Code:
if [b]which notify-send>/dev/null && [/b]which agrep>/dev/null && which curl>/dev/null && which dialog>/dev/null; then

getting further.. - kvandesteeg - 2010-05-15

i kept deleting things from the script, and i got further this time. I'm not sure if this is successful or not.

Code:
Press any key to continue to online testing....
/usr/local/bin/mythicalLibrarian: line 187: syntax error near unexpected token `('
/usr/local/bin/mythicalLibrarian: line 187: `Tradi    ionalNamingConven    ions () {'
chown: htpc: Invalid argument
Please try again.  If problem persists, please post here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=65644
./mythicalSetup.sh: line 568: mysql: command not found
ADDING JOB to slot 1
./mythicalSetup.sh: line 578: mysql: command not found
permissions were set for user: htpc
mythicalLibrarian is located in /usr/local/bin
'mythicalLibrarian --help' for more information
Done.

- outleradam - 2010-05-15

^^Great! Were the directions clear and concise?

Did you have any other issues?
I'm struggling on my mac because it's got very small resolution. Your post takes up most of the space between the dock and the top of the screen.

I'm working on it. I keep finding little things which hinder my progress so I restore my mac to it's previous state and try again. You've gotten farther then I have!

Did mythicalLibrarian execute?