Kodi Community Forum
[MOD] Rapier Qualar Mod incorporating Rapier 3.0 features - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Rapier (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=120)
+---- Thread: [MOD] Rapier Qualar Mod incorporating Rapier 3.0 features (/showthread.php?tid=65922)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41

- tetodbs - 2010-06-08

qualar Wrote:From XBMC.org

The next version of XBMC is shaping up quite well, with a host of new features already in. For a refresher, see a few posts back.

Next up is the merge from the addons branch, the underpinning of the new addons manager (go figure) as well as the basis for the PVR frontend branch. Once finished, though still a ways out, this will add the capability of extending XBMC from the couch. No need to ssh/ftp into your box to add skins, scrapers, plugins, PVR Backends, etc.

As I alluded in the previous post, the codebase will be a bit rocky as we clean up after the merge, so we suggest that users and builders take a break until things have settled. For this reason, official nightly builds have been temporarily suspended. We are not asking for bug reports at this time because we know that things are broken. If this seems all too familiar, we’ve done this before. Again, we ask that users of nightly builds take a break, and that third-party builders please suspend your releases for now. Builds at this time only make things harder for us. Really.

See you on the other side!

Update: Revision 28276 is the revision before the merge. Stay below that and you’ll be fine.

Ok, I've installed a pre-merge version and your 3.6 mod but recently added in home still not work, with a previous version of your skin always is fine... any ideaHuh

Thanks in advance

- qualar - 2010-06-08

tetodbs Wrote:Ok, I've installed a pre-merge version and your 3.6 mod but recently added in home still not work, with a previous version of your skin always is fine... any ideaHuh

Thanks in advance

No the 3.6 version was made for the later SVNs. Here are older versions

- tetodbs - 2010-06-08

qualar Wrote:No the 3.6 version was made for the later SVNs. Here are older versions

Thanks qualar!!!

And the last question:

I know that the home text is in texture.xpr and I want to change the text into my language (italian), how to do it?

Thanks a lot

- qualar - 2010-06-08

tetodbs Wrote:Thanks qualar!!!

And the last question:

I know that the home text is in texture.xpr and I want to change the text into my language (italian), how to do it?

Thanks a lot

Extract the texture.xpr. Replace the required images then recompress the texture file.

- tetodbs - 2010-06-08

qualar Wrote:Extract the texture.xpr. Replace the required images then recompress the texture file.

I know that but I don't know how to decompress/recompress xpr, please could you give me a link with the software to do that?

Sorry for my newbie quaestions!!!

Thanks

- qualar - 2010-06-08

tetodbs Wrote:I know that but I don't know how to decompress/recompress xpr, please could you give me a link with the software to do that?

Sorry for my newbie quaestions!!!

Thanks

http://www.teamblackbolt.co.uk/projdetails.php?id=5

recnetlyadded Scrips - ronenbrk - 2010-06-11

Hi,

The new version zip file has 2 folders.
Where should I place the recentlyadded script? should I place the folder or the files underneath it?

Thanks,
Ronen

- qualar - 2010-06-11

ronenbrk Wrote:Hi,

The new version zip file has 2 folders.
Where should I place the recentlyadded script? should I place the folder or the files underneath it?

Thanks,
Ronen

in the addons folder. However, with the latest SVN you should not need it because a recently added script is now included in the install.

- ronenbrk - 2010-06-11

qualar Wrote:in the addons folder. However, with the latest SVN you should not need it because a recently added script is now included in the install.

Thanks for your quick respond.
I tried to put the recentlyadded script under the addon folder on my profile. I still get an empty box for the recently added items in the home screen.

Which SVN should I install?
I tried one of the nightly builds and is screwed up my entire library

One more thing, when I enter, any of the category, the top bar disappear. i can see part of a frame but I don't know what it is. is there a way to show the top bar always?

Ronen

- qualar - 2010-06-11

ronenbrk Wrote:Thanks for your quick respond.
I tried to put the recentlyadded script under the addon folder on my profile. I still get an empty box for the recently added items in the home screen.

Which SVN should I install?
I tried one of the nightly builds and is screwed up my entire library

One more thing, when I enter, any of the category, the top bar disappear. i can see part of a frame but I don't know what it is. is there a way to show the top bar always?

Ronen

If I can be honest, as stated in my earlier post, I have given up on the new SVNs that use the new addon features. Currently they break too many things.

- frater - 2010-06-12

qualar Wrote:If I can be honest, as stated in my earlier post, I have given up on the new SVNs that use the new addon features. Currently they break too many things.

I don't know in detail and you may still be right, but I believe the latest (>31000) builds seem to have stabilized. iMDB is finally working which means my movies are getting scraped properly now and subtitle search also works (sometimes).

Did you take a look at them?
I'm using your skin anyhow, but I would prefer not having to temporarily switch to confluence to change some setting....

- qualar - 2010-06-12

frater Wrote:I don't know in detail and you may still be right, but I believe the latest (>31000) builds seem to have stabilized. iMDB is finally working which means my movies are getting scraped properly now and subtitle search also works (sometimes).

Did you take a look at them?
I'm using your skin anyhow, but I would prefer not having to temporarily switch to confluence to change some setting....

Some avi files dont play correctly for me. I also think what is the point in upgrading what extra do the new versions give me.

- frater - 2010-06-12

qualar Wrote:Some avi files dont play correctly for me. I also think what is the point in upgrading what extra do the new versions give me.
Some movies (DVD-mpeg) can be played that couldn't play before in my case. I did encounter some VC-1 movies with strange artefacts when played with the new version. I don't know how the old handles them. Maybe not at all.
Can't you report it? Are they divx or xvid? These 2 codecs were always quite well supported. Amet (subtitles) already supports it and together with the iMDB-scraper and your skin my home theater works as I want.

- qualar - 2010-06-12

frater Wrote:Some movies (DVD-mpeg) can be played that couldn't play before in my case. I did encounter some VC-1 movies with strange artefacts when played with the new version. I don't know how the old handles them. Maybe not at all.
Can't you report it? Are they divx or xvid? These 2 codecs were always quite well supported. Amet (subtitles) already supports it and together with the iMDB-scraper and your skin my home theater works as I want.

You can't report yet because even the XBMC developers do not recommend using the nightly builds at the moment.

Problem is at the moment it is a never ending task to keep changing the skin for each nightly build. So once they release a new stable build I will do a release then.

- Oddsodz - 2010-06-26

I here by request that you make use of the "ExtraFanArt" folder feature that can now be used. Check out the "Night" skin to see what it can look like.