Kodi Community Forum
[MOD] Rapier Qualar Mod incorporating Rapier 3.0 features - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Rapier (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=120)
+---- Thread: [MOD] Rapier Qualar Mod incorporating Rapier 3.0 features (/showthread.php?tid=65922)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41

- m3g4tr0n - 2010-07-24

@qualar

how can i add a sub menu item under movies? trailers etc.

added this in home.xml under movies menu bar below years item.

Code:
<item id="6">
<description>Files</description>
<label>744</label>
<onclick>ActivateWindow(VideoFiles,return)</onclick>
</item>

I'm having problems with the focused (blue) animation, it never goes over my item.

- qualar - 2010-07-24

m3g4tr0n Wrote:@qualar

how can i add a sub menu item under movies? trailers etc.

added this in home.xml under movies menu bar below years item.

Code:
<item id="6">
<description>Files</description>
<label>744</label>
<onclick>ActivateWindow(VideoFiles,return)</onclick>
</item>

I'm having problems with the focused (blue) animation, it never goes over my item.

You are limited to 5 items.

- curtis-r - 2010-07-26

FYI, the 3.7 archive has a corrupt studio .jpg. WinRAR returned
Rapier Qualar 3.7.zip: CRC failed in skin.rapierqualar\media\flagging\Studios\Compass International Pictures.png. The file is corrupt

I just manually deleted that image within the archive before expanding, and that worked.

- curtis-r - 2010-07-26

System Settings/Appearance/Screensaver/Slideshow/Settings still does not work. Should bring up options for the screensaver slideshow.

You said, the add-on browser isn't functional yet here, but should the add-on settings work? In Apple Movie Trailers - Lite, the Context/Plug-in Settings doesn't work. Though as you say, can all be tweaked in Confluence for now.

BTW, thanks for keeping this great skin/mod running.

- CourierSS - 2010-07-27

I'm still a fairly inexperienced XBMC user and haven't really used the original Rapier skin, but I wanted to make a few notes on this skin.

As curtis-r said, when I used 7-zip to unzip the Qualar Rapier 3.7, I had an error and it wouldn't unzip. I did the same thing as he did to resolve the issue.

When moving the mouse cursor quickly up and down "Movies" in List Info and List Info 2, it seems to lag a bit. I also lag in the same views when scrolling quickly with the mouse wheel, as well as in Fanart and Large Poster (and slightly in Wrap Info). I have very little to no lag with the other views.

I have no problems with lag with any of the views in "TV Shows."

When I right click on a movie or tv show, I can only right click on the right side or below that object to get rid of the menu. I think it might be better if I can right-click on other areas to close the menu.

I have a hard time invoking the top bar to access views, sort, library, search, etc... in Movies and TV Shows. I can't seem to do it with the mouse in most of the views. In some views, it works if I move the cursor to the upper left corner, and even then I can't move the mouse over other items to invoke their drop-down menu. I have to right-click out while leaving the cursor on the bar before I can left-click on an item. Most of the time, I have to use the keyboard to get there.

Just for a note, I'm using an Intel i3-350m (laptop) with Intel HD and my collection is small.

- steelman1991 - 2010-07-27

OK stupid question - and one I know I'm going to kick myself when I get the answer. Once into the skin, how do I close XBMC (had to change to Confluence to close down) - couldn't find the shutdown anywhere. Have I just missed them or are they missing?

- Oddsodz - 2010-07-27

look to the top right of the screen. Very little "off" logo

It must be very little - not even on my home screen. I'm using a remote and cannot navigate away from the menu items to anywhere else on the screen - any other ideas suggestions

- Mallet21 - 2010-07-27

I can't figure it out either. My workaround is to enable the 'topbar' on the main screen in the skin settings. You can then navigate your remote to the topbar where the on/off icon is visible in the upper right.

Yip that would be the missing setting. That's twice tonight you've come to my rescue - thanks.

- r1ctus - 2010-07-28

the missing top bar's my bad, sorrySmile I did the code for hiding the top bar, but I can't find the bug that causes it in qualar's mod not to show when it's enabled. I'll try again to find it tomorrow.

- steelman1991 - 2010-07-28

r1ctus - no need mate it showed perfectly once I had actually enabled the setting. It was just me who wasn't aware of its existence.

- qualar - 2010-07-28

steelman1991 Wrote:It must be very little - not even on my home screen. I'm using a remote and cannot navigate away from the menu items to anywhere else on the screen - any other ideas suggestions

The topbar mod was not done by me I just merged the code into my mod. I will await the fix and will remerge.

- r1ctus - 2010-07-28

qualar Wrote:The topbar mod was not done by me I just merged the code into my mod. I will await the fix and will remerge.

I'm working on it. I think it will be ready by Sunday

- r1ctus - 2010-07-30

it's done, download here, and copy,replace to qualar mod's folder.
what I fixed:
-enabling the top bar in the different views now actually works

-when the top bar's hidden press up to get the weather, eject, power buttons.
-added option to skin settings/general menu to enable or disable the Top bar everywhere in the skin.
+I might be the only one who cares about this, but I added Hungarian translation to the skinSmile

edit: I updated the link to fix a bug with the translation, it makes no difference if you're using the skin in English and already have the previous patch.