Kodi Community Forum
[MOD] Rapier Qualar Mod incorporating Rapier 3.0 features - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Rapier (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=120)
+---- Thread: [MOD] Rapier Qualar Mod incorporating Rapier 3.0 features (/showthread.php?tid=65922)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41

- SlaveUnit - 2010-08-08

MPAA seems to overlap the AR in this view. I haven't looked at any others. This is in 3.72.

- qualar - 2010-08-08

SlaveUnit Wrote:MPAA seems to overlap the AR in this view. I haven't looked at any others. This is in 3.72.

Have you added the bluray disk image?

- SlaveUnit - 2010-08-09

Do you mean have I changed the code? If so, no I haven't changed any coding at all.

- qualar - 2010-08-09

SlaveUnit Wrote:Do you mean have I changed the code? If so, no I haven't changed any coding at all.

I can see why it is happening and why I have never noticed it. On my collection I never mark my bluray rips as BLURAY I just mark them 1080p. On your collection there just isnt enough space on all the views to display all the various icons.

- SlaveUnit - 2010-08-09

I'm going to bet that I am not the only one that has the resolution and source in the file title names.

Any chance you would move the studio or MPAA rating icon?

- DigitALL - 2010-08-10

OK here are my findings...

I have tried this skin under Windows, at that time at v.3.3.2, then I noticed a later script could not make the top bar to stay on so at that time I have switched back to the working version.
Now I am using XBMC 9.11 (official build)under ubuntu 10.04 and:

- using few other skins, all work fine, had no problem but I would prefer to stick with Qualar mod.
- using the original posted Rapier 3.06 by scarfa, it is working fine.
- using the 3.7 and then the latest 3.81 are NOT recognized as skins (are greyed out). I have downloaded each skin twice and it is the same. I did not change anything, nor any procedure in downloading and unpacking.
- and then using Qualar mod 3.6 it is recognized as skin and everything seems OK but I can NOT make the top bar to stay all the time ON even if in setting the top bar is enabled. In fact I can make it appear only under settings/system info.

It is quite possible that 3.81 to work under other OS, but as the Dharma says, it should work first with linux. Am I mistaken something?

- qualar - 2010-08-10

Version 3.6 of the skin is for XBMC 9.11.

For newer versions of the skin you must be using the Dharma builds of XBMC.

- DigitALL - 2010-08-11

qualar Wrote:Version 3.6 of the skin is for XBMC 9.11.

For newer versions of the skin you must be using the Dharma builds of XBMC.

As I wrote: I am using 9.11 official release with Qualar Mod 3.6. It should work right? Well, it doesn't, the top bar is not visible, so where is the problem?
Please advise or what version exactly you are aware to work fine (including the top bar) with XBMC stable 9.11?
================================
Also, posted on Dharma branch: "you may now consider the Dharma branch frozen". So why develop a skin for an unstable release at this time? Or at least why not create another thread with Qualar Mod for this specific release?

- qualar - 2010-08-11

DigitALL Wrote:As I wrote: I am using 9.11 official release with Qualar Mod 3.6. It should work right? Well, it doesn't, the top bar is not visible, so where is the problem?
Please advise or what version exactly you are aware to work fine (including the top bar) with XBMC stable 9.11?
================================
Also, posted on Dharma branch: "you may now consider the Dharma branch frozen". So why develop a skin for an unstable release at this time? Or at least why not create another thread with Qualar Mod for this specific release?

You need to enable the top bar in the settings. The mod now has an option to have the top bar on or off.

- r1ctus - 2010-08-11

hiding the top bar is buggy in 3.6, use an svn version, I haven't managed to find a bug in that.

- bblauritzen - 2010-08-11

DigitALL Wrote:<snip>
"you may now consider the Dharma branch frozen". So why develop a skin for an unstable release at this time? Or at least why not create another thread with Qualar Mod for this specific release?

Frozen means that no new features are added so its safe for skinners to begin developing.

- qualar - 2010-08-11

DigitALL Wrote:OK here are my findings...

I have tried this skin under Windows, at that time at v.3.3.2, then I noticed a later script could not make the top bar to stay on so at that time I have switched back to the working version.
Now I am using XBMC 9.11 (official build)under ubuntu 10.04 and:

- using few other skins, all work fine, had no problem but I would prefer to stick with Qualar mod.
- using the original posted Rapier 3.06 by scarfa, it is working fine.
- using the 3.7 and then the latest 3.81 are NOT recognized as skins (are greyed out). I have downloaded each skin twice and it is the same. I did not change anything, nor any procedure in downloading and unpacking.
- and then using Qualar mod 3.6 it is recognized as skin and everything seems OK but I can NOT make the top bar to stay all the time ON even if in setting the top bar is enabled. In fact I can make it appear only under settings/system info.

It is quite possible that 3.81 to work under other OS, but as the Dharma says, it should work first with linux. Am I mistaken something?

Quote:So why develop a skin for an unstable release at this time? Or at least why not create another thread with Qualar Mod for this specific release?

If you want a version without the top bar mod that works on 9.11 then use this

I must say though that all the people on the forums create skins and mods for free in there own time so it is a bit off putting and demotivating when someone posts in a complaining type style. I feel that in the past I have been very quick to help and add features for people.

- scarfa - 2010-08-11

qualar Wrote:If you want a version without the top bar mod that works on 9.11 then use this

I must say though that all the people on the forums create skins and mods for free in there own time so it is a bit off putting and demotivating when someone posts in a complaining type style. I feel that in the past I have been very quick to help and add features for people.

A lot of people appreciate your work Qualar, including me. Some people just don't have the notion how long it takes to create and/or mod skins. When you do it for free in your spare time, it requires a certain passion and motivation to sustain.

- qualar - 2010-08-11

scarfa Wrote:A lot of people appreciate your work Qualar, including me. Some people just don't have the notion how long it takes to create and/or mod skins. When you do it for free in your spare time, it requires a certain passion and motivation to sustain.

Cheers mate.

- DigitALL - 2010-08-11

I apologize for my words being not properly said. Nevertheless, your work and Scarfa's are greatly appreciated and I am sure that lots of hours went into it.
By saying that, I wish to thank you for the effort to put into it.

Perhaps I was a bit frustrating of my own problem. As I mentioned I use an official release 9.11 wih Qualarmod 3.6 and do wish to have the top bar all the time present but I can not make it.
I am very familiar with the options you provided with the skin and of course the top bar is enabled but it does not show up. Is this a problem specific for using XBMC under linux? I never had this problem under windows.