Kodi Community Forum
[AppleTV] Compiling crystalhd-for-osx Lib/Kext - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Mac OS X (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=56)
+---- Thread: [AppleTV] Compiling crystalhd-for-osx Lib/Kext (/showthread.php?tid=66174)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

[AppleTV] Compiling crystalhd-for-osx Lib/Kext - Jimmer - 2010-01-05

Hi,

Have checked out the latest SVN (as of 5/1/10) of crystalhd-for-osx. When making the lib I keep getting errors because of a missing 'bc_dts_glob_osx.h' file in the include directory.

There is a 'bc_dts_glob_lnx.h' file in /include - is the file that should be referenced? Or is the correct file missing? Apologies if this has been answered elsewhere - did a search, but maybe I'm the first?

Jim

- Jimmer - 2010-01-05

Scratch that - have tried compiling using bc_dts_glob_lnx.h instead of bc_dts_glob_osx.h, but predictably it wouldn't compile! Thought maybe it was a misslabled osx header, but must be the actual linux version of the header...

Guess there really must be a missing file in the svn....

Jim

- Elbert - 2010-01-05

Seems it's just been added with revision 11!

and... ** BUILD SUCCEEDED **

- davilla - 2010-01-05

yes, fxed, at Committed revision 11. Current version is svn 12 which sets the compiler to gcc4.0 as compiling under 10.6 , the default compiler is gcc4.2.

- Elbert - 2010-01-05

davilla Wrote:yes, fxed, at Committed revision 11. Current version is svn 12 which sets the compiler to gcc4.0 as compiling under 10.6 , the default compiler is gcc4.2.

Ah yes, I also encountered that. Thanks for fixing

- Jimmer - 2010-01-05

Just to be clear - this will compile on a G4/G5 PPC mac with XCode 3 installed? I've successfully compiled other things for the ATV on these systems before, just wanted to make sure I'm not missing anything vital!

Jim

- davilla - 2010-01-05

Jimmer Wrote:Just to be clear - this will compile on a G4/G5 PPC mac with XCode 3 installed? I've successfully compiled other things for the ATV on these systems before, just wanted to make sure I'm not missing anything vital!

Jim

the lib makefile might need some (-arch i386 or something like that). XCode is perfectly capable of cross-compiling i386 on ppc. patches welcome Smile

- Jimmer - 2010-01-05

Just to be clear, kext compiles for i386 as-is on a PPC. I have compiled it successfully and kextloaded on the ATV to make sure it loads/unloads. So successful on that front with no faffing about!

I have put the -arch i386 flag in the makefile and compiled it on my trusty old ibook, it successfully compiled I think - but I cannot test if the compiled lib files work until my card arrives from Hong Kong (should be any day now) will report back when it arrives!

Jim

- davilla - 2010-01-05

Jimmer Wrote:Just to be clear, kext compiles for i386 as-is on a PPC. I have compiled it successfully and kextloaded on the ATV to make sure it loads/unloads. So successful on that front with no faffing about!

I have put the -arch i386 flag in the makefile and compiled it on my trusty old ibook, it successfully compiled I think - but I cannot test if the compiled lib files work until my card arrives from Hong Kong (should be any day now) will report back when it arrives!

Jim

Skunkworks:~ davilla$ file /usr/lib/libcrystalhd.dylib
/usr/lib/libcrystalhd.dylib: Mach-O dynamically linked shared library i386

should see the i386 ref.

- Jimmer - 2010-01-05

Thanks Davilla!

Confirmed...

ibookg4:~ jim$ file libcrystalhd.dylib
libcrystalhd.dylib: Mach-O dynamically linked shared library i386

Hope for those of us without intel macs!

Jim

- garyi - 2010-01-05

So in essence in order to use my crystal thingy thats gonna be with me tomorrow I have to understand what percentage of the above?

I believe I understand about 4% of it.

- gangsta75 - 2010-01-05

i don't know if what i did is right..
i compiled everything on my macbookpro and copied all the stuff on appletv.
kext is loaded:
kextload: extension BroadcomCrystalHD.kext appears to be valid
kextload: loading extension BroadcomCrystalHD.kext
kextload: BroadcomCrystalHD.kext loaded successfully
kextload: loading personalities named:
kextload: FirstPersonality
kextload: sending 1 personality to the kernel
kextload: matching started for BroadcomCrystalHD.kext

i'm running the latest build of xbmc and the card is installed properly (i've already tested ubuntu live and it's working good)

this is it?
I've tried 720p but it's not working.
Am i missing something?

thanks
G75

- dan1son - 2010-01-06

garyi Wrote:So in essence in order to use my crystal thingy thats gonna be with me tomorrow I have to understand what percentage of the above?

I believe I understand about 4% of it.

If you want to use it tomorrow you're going to need to go through quite a few steps...

You need a Mac, the source code for the drivers, xcode, XBMC source code from SVN, the pre-requisites for compiling XBMC, and type some commands to make it all compile.

- A Milton - 2010-01-06

Ok, so now I got the lib and kext compiled, installed and loaded on my ATV. What build of XBMC should I use? Do I have to build my own or does someone have a link?

I have begun compiling r26413, but I'm afraid it's gonna take quite some time on my poor 1.83 GHz Core Duo.

- A Milton - 2010-01-06

dan1son Wrote:You need a Mac, the source code for the drivers, xcode, XBMC source code from SVN, the pre-requisites for compiling XBMC, and type some commands to make it all compile.

And time... Lots and lots of time...