[RELEASE] NVIDIA ION optimized XBMC Live 9.11 Live CD / Live USB version - Printable Version
+- XBMC Community Forum (http://forum.xbmc.org)
+-- Forum: Help and Support (/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: XBMC General Help and Support (/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Linux and Live support (/forumdisplay.php?fid=52)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] NVIDIA ION optimized XBMC Live 9.11 Live CD / Live USB version (/showthread.php?tid=66388)
Special Live CD for ION released! - athloni - 2009-12-15 17:04
Team XBMCFreak released a special version of the Live CD Beta2 for ION systems.
- erhnam - 2009-12-15 17:16
More information: http://www.xbmcfreak.com/
Here’s another release of the xbmcfreak livecd for nvidia users only. New in v9: mt-daapd and apache2 with redirects to the sabnzb, transmission and mt-daapd services.
- Nvidia Only
- Removed all AMD and Intel references
- Removed tvheadend references
- Nvidia ext3 packages uses 20% less space on the livecd
- Samba added with multiple shares to the livecd home directory
- Added Blu-Ray script and MakeMKV: http://www.xbmc.org/forum/showthread.php?t=67420
- USB0 added to /proc/acpi/wakeup, which will allow Microsoft USB compatible to wake up from stand-by
- uPNP, Remote webservices default on
- HDMI default sound
- Europe/Rome time settings
- RssFeeds.xml modified
- Alaska and Rapier skin added
- coretemp.ko compiled and added
- nvclock added
- lm-sensors added
- advancedsettings.xml added to show cpu and gpu temperature
- wget lynx lftp ftp zip added
- Permissions /usr/share/xbmc/web fixed, this should allow XBMC Music Streamer to stream
- wireless-tools wpasupplicant added
- python-software-properties added: http://www.xbmc.org/trac/ticket/8304
- Boot fix added: http://www.xbmc.org/trac/ticket/8579
- Proftpd added
- Launcher added: http://code.google.com/p/xbmc-launcher/downloads/list
- .asoundrc with triple audio output (nvidia ion): http://www.xbmcfreak.nl/en/xbmc-live-triple-audio-output-nvidia-ion/
- sabnzbdplus added, port 9090
- transmission added, port 9091
- mt-daapd added, port 9092
- apache2 added with redirects to sabnzb, transmission and mt-daapd
username and password combinations for sabnzb, transmission and mt-daapd: xbmc / xbmc
- runonce script added; which will replace the xbmc user by the custom user entered during the installtion
How to upgrade from a previous version:
Ignore the errors about existing directories within the xbmc livecd user's homedir.
* Reloading /etc/samba/smb/conf smbd only
* could not access PID file for nmbd
* [ 13.144390] nForce2_smbus 0000:00:0a.1: Error probing SMB1.
- glenner05 - 2009-12-15 19:31
great! i'll try this as i have an POV 330 ion system. Should be the same as the asrock, right? Currently i have the latest beta2 9.11, and all runs fine except for playing DVD disc's.... After a couple of minutes DVD stops playing and goes straight to the XBMC home menu....don't know what's causing this. So i want to try a fresh install, i'll report if any problems...
- muggi - 2009-12-15 19:52
erhnam Wrote:This is our site btw I modified the runXBMC. Just before XBMC starts a file will be unpacked with guisettings and other configuration settings. The settings are optimized for Nvidia ION users. I also removed the amd packages and drivers from the dvd in order to save some space. Samba and proftp are also included. The samba configuration file is configured with some default shares (/home/xbmc/Videos, etc). Further more a script is added to the dvd so Dutch users are subscribed to "uitzendinggemist".
hi, cool idea with the special live cd.
I´m interested to bild always a custom live cd.
Can you give me a tutorial or a link to build a custom live cd?
- dreameer111 - 2009-12-16 00:47
Thank you for this. Downloading right now.
- edwinmcdunlap - 2009-12-16 01:43
How do I log in via FTP to transfer files?
- luna_s - 2009-12-16 08:12
you don't you use filezilla or similar, xbmc doesn't use ftp - sftp instead
- erhnam - 2009-12-16 09:37
muggi Wrote:hi, cool idea with the special live cd.
- Evanrich - 2009-12-16 09:58
luna_s Wrote:you don't you use filezilla or similar, xbmc doesn't use ftp - sftp instead
filezilla supports SFTP....
Too bad that link is in Dutch....would love to know what you did to tweak the setup...does it boot any faster than the default install? Also how will it take to "apt-get update/upgrade"? will it update just like a normal install?
- erhnam - 2009-12-16 10:14
No I didn't change anything to the boot process. The only thing I changed is the runXBMC bootscript. I added some stuff with apt-get to the environment. It's not so hard but here you go!
A short howto:
At the moment I'm working on something else. I want to integrate boxee into the xbmc 9.11 livecd. Maybe create a dual-boot.
A much better approach would be to use debian-live: http://debian-live.alioth.debian.org/