Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] NVIDIA ION optimized XBMC Live 9.11 Live CD / Live USB version - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Linux (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=52)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] NVIDIA ION optimized XBMC Live 9.11 Live CD / Live USB version (/showthread.php?tid=66388)

- batrad - 2010-01-22

Have been using your Live CD's on my ASUS ION MB with BluRay drive.. and they have been working great

Quick question.. how do I use the live CD to upgrade the existing install ? I have to redo all my settings / download the plugings I use everytime as the installer keeps formating the HDD... :confused2: and I have not found a way to upgrade keeping my existing profile intact...

Any help would be appreciated..

- norda - 2010-01-22

Hello again!

Now I have another problem.
Has entered this text in my xorg.conf

http://pastebin.com/m3d6be142

So now the picture works better, but the problem now is that it does not play some Xvid and. Iso files. It is therefore dvds I copied itself to avoid using the disc each time.

Unfortunately, I copied my old xorg file in a text document so the text was destroyed.

Someone who has a solution on how I can get the iso files and XviD.
What happens is that the TV itself emits an error, not XBMC.
The movie I try to play and is playing in the background. But when I try to get full view, I get the error message from the TV.

Message that will be is: Not available Location
So it seems to be something wrong with the resolution.
Grateful for the help! If anyone wants to email me xorg original file, it would be nice!

Sorry for the bad English, write in google and translateSmile

Edit: How do I type to update to V8? I tried to copy in the old xorg.conf but then my graphic drivers crashed Smile

- fozzieb - 2010-01-22

norda Wrote:Someone who has a solution on how I can get the iso files and XviD.
What happens is that the TV itself emits an error, not XBMC.
The movie I try to play and is playing in the background. But when I try to get full view, I get the error message from the TV.
Smile

is it an hdmi connection?

set it to 720p and leave it at that, that is a native HD res for HDMI input.

- finite3 - 2010-01-22

You should be able to output at 768 if you want.
Looks like you are going to have to search how to set up xorg.conf correctly for your tv (via modelines or automatically via edid).
There are some good threads in this forum about it.

- burritoboy9984 - 2010-01-23

is the boxee livecd always up to date with the latest update in the first post regarding the ion optimized livecd?

Thanks in advance!
-Erik

- fidoboy - 2010-01-23

fozzieb Wrote:thats the native res for pc input, hdmi input will always choose the correct native hd res (720p or 1080p) i think.
That's not the right native res for my tv, my previous computer was using DVI-HDMI output in XBMC live and it worked in 1360x768 but now i only can get 1280x720....:S There must be a way to solve it!

- fidoboy - 2010-01-23

Installed this XBMC live V7, i've done a apt-get update and the apt-get upgrade, after that, i get. XBMC needs hardware accelerated OpenGL rendering error... Sad and also i can only get 1280x720 output... any ideas about how to solve this issue?

regards,

- sygyzy_nbr - 2010-01-23

I just messed up my xorg.conf. Can someone post (pastebin?) the stock xorg.conf from the ION optimized live cd?

- norda - 2010-01-23

fozzieb Wrote:is it an hdmi connection?

set it to 720p and leave it at that, that is a native HD res for HDMI input.

Hello

I tried setting to 720 yesterday. Then all worked. Iso files and so on.
But instead I got problems with playback. MVK files, it was jerky and uneven.
I drove 720 @ 60Hz, I am as I said before, a beginner at this. So tips are warmly welcome!

Edit: And yes, it´s an hdmi connection. And now it´s running on V8 (xbmc live)

- fozzieb - 2010-01-23

norda Wrote:Hello

I tried setting to 720 yesterday. Then all worked. Iso files and so on.
But instead I got problems with playback. MVK files, it was jerky and uneven.
I drove 720 @ 60Hz, I am as I said before, a beginner at this. So tips are warmly welcome!

Edit: And yes, it´s an hdmi connection. And now it´s running on V8 (xbmc live)

Is it an asrock ion330 you have ?

- The Spirit - 2010-01-23

can someone tell me how to acess my itunes and iphoto library on my mac from my asrock ion with xbmc live?

- norda - 2010-01-23

fozzieb Wrote:Is it an asrock ion330 you have ?

Yes it's a asrock 330 ive got.
And the tv is a samsung ue46b7070.

- syndrom3 - 2010-01-23

Hi@all!
I've installed this live and it works great! Now i'm trying to install VDR, i used the guide to install it from the repo and everything seems to work but i do not find how to enable TV menu (PM3.HD) into xbmc. The guide says "Now open up XBMC and enable the VDR client within the settings menu" but i didn't see any client option for VDR.
Someone could help me?
Thanks in advice!

- fozzieb - 2010-01-23

norda Wrote:Yes it's a asrock 330 ive got.
And the tv is a samsung ue46b7070.

sounds odd, i can play 1080p smooth on my asrock off of my NAS.

check that render method is set to vpdu (should be by default)

Doh! - vandal - 2010-01-23

This might seem stupid, but I was hoping this was going to not only put the live install on my USB device, but would also allow me to install it to the HDD from my USB drive. Erhnam, do you know how I could do this with your bundle? Unfortunately, I don't have a USB CD drive and I'm trying to install to an Acer Revo 1600. Thanks.

Update: I figured this out. I used Unebootin to put the iso on the USB drive. I was then able to do the install from the USB drive to the HDD in the revo.