Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] NVIDIA ION optimized XBMC Live 9.11 Live CD / Live USB version - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Linux (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=52)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] NVIDIA ION optimized XBMC Live 9.11 Live CD / Live USB version (/showthread.php?tid=66388)

- The Spirit - 2010-01-23

is there any option to enable the wlan of the asrock under xbmc live.
my asrock only works with network cable attached to it.
any ideas?
thanks

- batrad - 2010-01-23

fidoboy Wrote:Installed this XBMC live V7, i've done a apt-get update and the apt-get upgrade, after that, i get. XBMC needs hardware accelerated OpenGL rendering error... Sad and also i can only get 1280x720 output... any ideas about how to solve this issue?

regards,

Had the same issue.. tried installing the Nvidia drives per the Wiki, no luck.. ended up reloading from USB, lost all my plugins/skins....

- Icefeldt - 2010-01-23

nice release.

SMB is now working fine.

But I don't have the "click-sounds" in the menu any more.
(ZOTAC ION BOard)

- norda - 2010-01-23

fozzieb Wrote:sounds odd, i can play 1080p smooth on my asrock off of my NAS.

check that render method is set to vpdu (should be by default)

1080@24hz runs ok on my asrock, but when I have 1080@24hz i can't play .iso and some xvids. It's strange that I cant get 720 to run perfect.

- fozzieb - 2010-01-23

norda Wrote:1080@24hz runs ok on my asrock, but when I have 1080@24hz i can't play .iso and some xvids. It's strange that I cant get 720 to run perfect.

that is odd, if you try booting from live cd rather than off the hard drive does it still not work?

- DocEvil - 2010-01-23

is it possible to add deluge demon instead of using transmission, the webui comes with deluge so any reasons to not add this ? or ca you add a skript to choice betwenn deluge and transmission?

Getting no sound - haiiyaa - 2010-01-23

I am not getting any sound what so ever. I have installed v7 on my Acer Aspire Revo R3610. I am connecting my audio receiver to the headphone jack.
These are my audio output settings.
Audio Output - Analog
Audio output device - default
Downmix multichannel audio to stereo - unchecked.

I didn't have any sound issues with the xbmc live version. Please help.

Also, is there an easy way to upgrade from v7 to v8 without having to re-install the entire system?

Thanks

- burritoboy9984 - 2010-01-23

for those with sound issues on the revo 3610... with this disk sounds over optical work... but hdmi only works when playing something... the only way I could get nav sounds was to edit the asoundrc file... just search asoundrc and you will see what you need to do... However after doing this, I killed optical fyi...

-Erik

- haiiyaa - 2010-01-23

haiiyaa Wrote:I am not getting any sound what so ever. I have installed v7 on my Acer Aspire Revo R3610. I am connecting my audio receiver to the headphone jack.
These are my audio output settings.
Audio Output - Analog
Audio output device - default
Downmix multichannel audio to stereo - unchecked.

I should probably clarify, i don't hear music, or nav sounds or movie sound. I looked at the log file and there were no complains or errors.

no music/movie sound - Hyralak - 2010-01-23

I too have no music/movie sound. Running v8. I am using a zotac ion board. I have sound with the XBMClive version. I have tried all the variables in the settings, analog/digital - hdmi/iec958/default etc with no success. In the XBMC live version i think I was using HDMI.

- fidoboy - 2010-01-23

There is no one using the revo or another ION based computer with 1360x768@60 with HDMI out? i really can't get it working and i'm going crazy trying to get it working!

Any help would be most welcome! Thanks!

- Icefeldt - 2010-01-23

Hyralak Wrote:I too have no music/movie sound. Running v8. I am using a zotac ion board. I have sound with the XBMClive version. I have tried all the variables in the settings, analog/digital - hdmi/iec958/default etc with no success. In the XBMC live version i think I was using HDMI.

Zotac ION F Board here.
Installed v8.
Sound over HDMI works out of the box.

Only Menu-Click-Sound don't

- BluechipJ - 2010-01-23

Icefeldt Wrote:Only Menu-Click-Sound don't
Very simple fix that's been posted dozens of times:
Code:
If you would like to Setup your remote control or get the menu sounds working you will need to edit a couple of files.
These files can be accessed by an FTP client. I used WinSCP on a windows PC.. You enter your IP and username and password (I set a secure root password) and then browse the files.
So setup the menu sounds create a blank notepad file and enter into it:

pcm.!default {
type plug
slave {
pcm "hdmi"
}
}

save it as asoundrc.txt
Then FTP it over to you revo, into USER / XBMC folder. Once its in there rename it to .asoundrc

- Hyralak - 2010-01-23

Icefeldt Wrote:Zotac ION F Board here.
Installed v8.
Sound over HDMI works out of the box.

Only Menu-Click-Sound don't

I have the Zotac ION D-E they have the same audio chip, very strange. I will try direct to the tv instead of the AVR.

- jhabers - 2010-01-23

what are the correct settings to get movie audio working through HDMI? I was trying to get my menu click sounds working and I did but I can not get audio through HDMI working for movies. I have the HDMI cable hooked directly up to my TV

Thanks