Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] NVIDIA ION optimized XBMC Live 9.11 Live CD / Live USB version - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Linux (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=52)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] NVIDIA ION optimized XBMC Live 9.11 Live CD / Live USB version (/showthread.php?tid=66388)

- erhnam - 2010-01-24

batrad Wrote:I have the same issue.. Tried Superman and another BR movie, both do the same thing :confused2:

I'll have a look at it.

- fidoboy - 2010-01-24

erhnam Wrote:You should configure it like this:

Hi again erhnam... I love Air music also! Wink

I've just tried your .asoundrc file and now i've 5.1 through the optical out but no sound in HDMI out...:S

Looking at .asoundrc i've noticed some places where i can read "channels 2" and "channels 4" i'm not sure if i need to modify these parameters...

cheers!

- fozzieb - 2010-01-24

fidoboy Wrote:Hi again erhnam... I love Air music also! Wink

I've just tried your .asoundrc file and now i've 2.0 sound (i've 5.1 sound system) through the optical out but no sound in HDMI out...:S

Looking at .asoundrc i've noticed some places where i can read "channels 2" and "channels 4" i'm not sure if i need to modify these parameters...

cheers!

I think the passthrough should be the custom setting and the normal audio output should be hdmi.

- fidoboy - 2010-01-24

fozzieb Wrote:I think the passthrough should be the custom setting and the normal audio output should be hdmi.

If i do it that way, i will have 5.1 sound both in optical and dvi, but navigation sounds and stereo sources (like mp3) only on HDMI out, my idea is to have exactly the opposite. I want 2.0 in both optical and HDMI and 5.1 only in optical out...

right now i have it working only for optical out, but no sound in HDMI. Also it could be amazing if i could have sound from all speakers using optical out with stereo sources like music, etc. But this is a secondary target for me right now...

regards,

- batrad - 2010-01-24

erhnam Wrote:I'll have a look at it.

erhnam,

Thanks.. have been waiting forever for BR playback in XBMC Live, don't want the Windows bloatware ...

Do I need to install a browser in the Live build for the BR playback ?

- The Spirit - 2010-01-24

how to update from v7 to v8 without loosing all settings?

- X3lectric - 2010-01-24

much of greats tweaks that could be included are on my topic... it would be great that all extras be kept optional like skins and samba and ftp be kept optional, I want a leaner setup and sftp serves best and does already same job as ftp, so extra is not needed nor samba or skin since any skins can be downloaded via svn repo installer.

This is gr8 work and if you me and fxlfxp get together we can do even better since neither of us can mess with installers and you have no idea what we could wack together and take XBMC further on platform specific stuff. flxfxp can script like hell and we could work on even better installer.

- Shank - 2010-01-24

batrad Wrote:erhnam,

Thanks.. have been waiting forever for BR playback in XBMC Live, don't want the Windows bloatware ...

Do I need to install a browser in the Live build for the BR playback ?

Thanks, Erham. Hoping for BD Playback as well. Its the last piece of the puzzle.

- Icefeldt - 2010-01-24

X3lectric Wrote:much of greats tweaks that could be included are on my topic... it would be great that all extras be kept optional like skins and samba and ftp be kept optional, I want a leaner setup and sftp serves best and does already same job as ftp, so extra is not needed nor samba or skin since any skins can be downloaded via svn repo installer.

This is gr8 work and if you me and fxlfxp get together we can do even better since neither of us can mess with installers and you have no idea what we could wack together and take XBMC further on platform specific stuff. flxfxp can script like hell and we could work on even better installer.

personally I disagree.
I like the current setup.

It's kind of a basic installation with everything a "regular user" needs.

- Methanoid - 2010-01-24

DocEvil Wrote:is it possible to add deluge demon instead of using transmission, the webui comes with deluge so any reasons to not add this ? or ca you add a skript to choice betwenn deluge and transmission?

Transmission has a full feature set, is the Ubuntu default choice of BT client and works. I wouldnt see a reason to change it or to add another option. Its great we have usenet and BT clients but there has to be a point when it becomes too much hassle (and work) for erhnam, plus at some stage we just have to accept further tweaks we will have to do ourselves. It cannot be all things to all men!!

- clackerdacker - 2010-01-24

norda Wrote:Where do I do that?

Settings / Videos / Playback / Adjust display refresh rate to match video

Thank you - mross22 - 2010-01-24

a quick thank you to Erhnam and others for the fantastic work. My Asrock ion HT is in the mail. It was reading through the last 17 pages that brought me the courage to purchase an upgrade for my aging Xbox.

- osirisjem - 2010-01-25

erhnam Wrote:The benefit of this livecd is that the very latest karmic ubuntu packages are used. While xbmc 9.11 live from xbmc.org uses kernel 2.6.31-16, this version uses kernel-2.6.31-17 and xorg 1.7.4 for example.

Thanks erhnam. Smile
I can't wait to try this !
How hard is it to upgrade to a new version ie. from v7 to the latest v8 ?

- osirisjem - 2010-01-25

To help newbies find this thread, could you put the words "Asrock 330" in the first post ? I think new users will title search for Asrock 330 to find relevant threads.

- Methanoid - 2010-01-25

osirisjem Wrote:To help newbies find this thread, could you put the words "Asrock 330" in the first post ? I think new users will title search for Asrock 330 to find relevant threads.

Or they could just use ION... not everyone here has Asrock you know? There are Revos and POVs and other Ion hardware in the world... Wink