Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] NVIDIA ION optimized XBMC Live 9.11 Live CD / Live USB version - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Linux (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=52)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] NVIDIA ION optimized XBMC Live 9.11 Live CD / Live USB version (/showthread.php?tid=66388)

- norda - 2010-01-25

Hello!
Have followed this thread with interest now, you have helped me with every prolem so far.

But I have a question about the remote that comes with Asrock.
No one who makes it work?
Is this tutorial for some help before I start trying.
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=66658

- DocEvil - 2010-01-25

a simple Question, i tried to use Transmission. The webui works fine, even from remote computer outside my personal network. but how i can add torrents without the information that they have no permission to write any data at the folders ?

- typ3ird - 2010-01-25

Anyone using this distro having problems with garbled audio?

Im running the standard XBMC Live 9.11 distro on my asrock 330 ht and having the same issues as stated here:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=64276&highlight=live+audio+error

Noticed that this distro uses the -17 kernel build, and this might fix the problem?? Just wanted to do a quick check here before I reinstall Smile

- fozzieb - 2010-01-25

typ3ird Wrote:Anyone using this distro having problems with garbled audio?

Im running the standard XBMC Live 9.11 distro on my asrock 330 ht and having the same issues as stated here:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=64276&highlight=live+audio+error

Noticed that this distro uses the -17 kernel build, and this might fix the problem?? Just wanted to do a quick check here before I reinstall Smile

I have no problems with audio, using v7 just now

- fidoboy - 2010-01-25

fozzieb Wrote:I have no problems with audio, using v7 just now

Using v7 i've also hdmi sound working, but now, using v8 i can't get it working. spdif sound is ok, analog stereo is ok, but no hdmi audio. if anyone has a working .asoundrc using v8 please, share it here...

regards,

- Icefeldt - 2010-01-25

what hardware do you have?

v8 and HDMI Sound working fine here with ZOTAC ION F Board.

- fidoboy - 2010-01-25

Icefeldt Wrote:what hardware do you have?

v8 and HDMI Sound working fine here with ZOTAC ION F Board.

I've Zotac MAG HD-ND01 machine... i'm using .asoundrc provided here to get sound both in spdif and HDMI, but only spdif is working... no sound in HDMI. I've also tried this: aplay -D tv flute.wav and there is no sound (i can hear sound if i use 'receiver' instead of 'tv')

regards,

- mcarthurc - 2010-01-25

fidoboy Wrote:I've Zotac MAG HD-ND01 machine... i'm using .asoundrc provided here to get sound both in spdif and HDMI, but only spdif is working... no sound in HDMI. I've also tried this: aplay -D tv flute.wav and there is no sound (i can hear sound if i use 'receiver' instead of 'tv')

regards,
Interesting, I am also using a Zotac MAG, and just installed v8 and it is working as expected. Hdmi set as my device for everything.

I did decide to try and do the Guide to Multichannel HD sound over Nvidia HDMI trick, but it looks like this install is using the 190 version of Nvidia drivers which break that method.

- fidoboy - 2010-01-25

I'm reading right now this post: http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=492428&postcount=250 and i was thinking about nvidia drivers, it seems that 190 version doesn't work with HDMI, so i think that i must downgrade to 185 version (and i don't know how to do it) or wait for XBMCfreak v9 with this issue corrected (by installing 185 driver). What do you think? how can i downgrade to 185 version? And about sound quality, i'm not sure about if i must use HDMI to TV only for image and then optical from zotac to my sound system or use HDMI to TV and then connect my TV to decoder using the optical out... which solution is better?

regards,

- mcarthurc - 2010-01-25

fidoboy Wrote:I'm reading right now this post: http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=492428&postcount=250 and i was thinking about nvidia drivers, it seems that 190 version doesn't work with HDMI, so i think that i must downgrade to 185 version (and i don't know how to do it) or wait for XBMCfreak v9 with this issue corrected (by installing 185 driver). What do you think? how can i downgrade to 185 version? And about sound quality, i'm not sure about if i must use HDMI to TV only for image and then optical from zotac to my sound system or use HDMI to TV and then connect my TV to decoder using the optical out... which solution is better?

regards,
Considering I sparked that post in that thread, you can tell I am in the same situation. I need to figure out how to change v8 from 190 to 185, or somehow get one of these builds with 185 pre-configured.

In my opinion, Optical vs. HDMI for audio transfer would be no different. I prefer HDMI for the "clean" one cable solution, but I do have both cables available and I have never noticed any quality issues with either.

- fidoboy - 2010-01-25

mcarthurc Wrote:Considering I sparked that post in that thread, you can tell I am in the same situation. I need to figure out how to change v8 from 190 to 185, or somehow get one of these builds with 185 pre-configured.

In my opinion, Optical vs. HDMI for audio transfer would be no different. I prefer HDMI for the "clean" one cable solution, but I do have both cables available and I have never noticed any quality issues with either.

Ok, i understand. Now the question is why HDMI out is working fine for you using XBMCfreak v8. Can u post your .asoundrc here? And also the configuration in XBMC (hdmi, default custom? passthrough?).

thanks in advance,

- X3lectric - 2010-01-25

Install diskV4
Asrock HT 330

I decided to give your install disk a shot under the 330 HT

/home/username/.xbmc/userdata/

advancedsettings.xml not present as advertised as content on disk

lirc drivers remote does not work

/etc/asound.conf not present
Sound out via HDMI does not work

so essentially while it looked like a very good piece of work looks like its better to DIY then to use this disk or V4

The reason this does not work is that a simple mistake has been made upon creation of user you HAVE to create user xbmc if you create another user name none of the tweaks are installed correctly.

Instead of saving space you have two installs one under the default user xbmc regardless and one installed under the whatever user u created under install. lol

Maybe food for thought should install data to whichever username the user created and not the default xbmc.

If you when prompted create user xbmc your fine, install is correct.

This CD should in such case automatically create user xbmc or install routines fixed so that it installs files to correct user folder.

- fidoboy - 2010-01-25

Right now i've noticed another problem; i'm using app launcher in XBMC to execute chrome browser it works fine, but if i play a flash video in chrome, then when i close it and back to XBMC i've no sound when trying to play music. I get 'failed to open audio device' message. It happens the same if i play a 2.0 movie but it works fine using passthrough in 5.1 AC3 movies. Can anyone confirm this issue? why the audio device is not available for XBMC after using it with another app? may be i need any aditional command in my launcher script after chrome closes?

- fidoboy - 2010-01-25

X3lectric Wrote:Install diskV4
Asrock HT 330

I decided to give your install disk a shot under the 330 HT

/home/username/.xbmc/userdata/

advancedsettings.xml not present as advertised as content on disk

lirc drivers remote does not work

/etc/asound.conf not present
Sound out via HDMI does not work

so essentially while it looked like a very good piece of work looks like its better to DIY then to use this disk or V4

The reason this does not work is that a simple mistake has been made upon creation of user you HAVE to create user xbmc if you create another user name none of the tweaks are installed correctly.

Instead of saving space you have two installs one under the default user xbmc regardless and one installed under the whatever user u created under install. lol

Maybe food for thought should install data to whichever username the user created and not the default xbmc.

If you when prompted create user xbmc your fine, install is correct.

This CD should in such case automatically create user xbmc or install routines fixed so that it installs files to correct user folder.

if you read the first post, it says:

Quote:Remark: At this moment when you decide to install use the "xbmc" user when asked to create a new user. I'm working on finish-install.d script to make this more flexible!

So it's your fault if you don't read instructions before installation sorry. Wink

- Shank - 2010-01-25

fidoboy Wrote:if you read the first post, it says:

So it's your fault if you don't read instructions before installation sorry. Wink

Agree. I think the work put down on this release is incredible. For me as a non-Linux persons it is invaluable.

Apart from the bd-script not working all is flying real nice.