Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] NVIDIA ION optimized XBMC Live 9.11 Live CD / Live USB version - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Linux (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=52)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] NVIDIA ION optimized XBMC Live 9.11 Live CD / Live USB version (/showthread.php?tid=66388)

- furii - 2010-01-28

Icefeldt Wrote:1,7 MB/s

and never failing?!

european user spotted Wink
here in the states i'm lucky to pull down 225kb/sec. i second the torrent idea.

- Icefeldt - 2010-01-28

furii Wrote:european user spotted Wink
here in the states i'm lucky to pull down 225kb/sec. i second the torrent idea.

you have good eyes Wink

I'm currently uploading it to http://www.megaupload.com

I'll post the adress here once it is finished (in about 1 hour)

MIRROR for v10:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ZBRXEVF9

enjoy

- jas722 - 2010-01-28

I just received my Acer Revo today in the Mail and installed V10 of this XBMC Live edition for NVidia Ion. Its so great thanks so much for putting this together, everything seems to work great. The only prob I seem to have is getting the Acer Revo to output in 1080P, the highest Resolution available in "Systems Settings" is 720 x 480 @ 50 hz.

Does anyone know why I can't output at 1080P?

I have it hooked up via HDMI. I did not install anything extra just the ISO from V10.

Thanks much for any help

- fozzieb - 2010-01-28

jas722 Wrote:I just received my Acer Revo today in the Mail and installed V10 of this XBMC Live edition for NVidia Ion. Its so great thanks so much for putting this together, everything seems to work great. The only prob I seem to have is getting the Acer Revo to output in 1080P, the highest Resolution available in "Systems Settings" is 720 x 480 @ 50 hz.

Does anyone know why I can't output at 1080P?

I have it hooked up via HDMI. I did not install anything extra just the ISO from V10.

Thanks much for any help

What TV are you using? it should detect the settings that you TV can handle.

- Methanoid - 2010-01-28

@Ernham

In V9 these remain broken - are they fixed in V10?
  • Hostname does not change the name from XBMCLive in Windows share - very confusing if you have two Ions or more!

• Transmission does not work as you cannot add a torrent from web interface.
    Error: Permission denied /home/xbmc/Downloads/Heroes.S04E17.avi (I had pointed both SAB and Torrent to Downloads dir)

- erhnam - 2010-01-28

Methanoid Wrote:@Ernham

In V9 these remain broken - are they fixed in V10?
  • Hostname does not change the name from XBMCLive in Windows share - very confusing if you have two Ions or more!

• Transmission does not work as you cannot add a torrent from web interface.
    Error: Permission denied /home/xbmc/Downloads/Heroes.S04E17.avi (I had pointed both SAB and Torrent to Downloads dir)

- Perhaps you need to restart smb to change the hostname?
- Permissions should be correct. Maybe you recreated the Download dir or set it to something else?

- Methanoid - 2010-01-28

erhnam Wrote:- Perhaps you need to restart smb to change the hostname?
- Permissions should be correct. Maybe you recreated the Download dir or set it to something else?

Nope. I've restarted and it loses the Hostname change anyway!

Re the Transmission - I deleted the /downloads dir and left the existing /Downloads dir which works fine with SABnzbd. I still get the same problem. Does Transmission use a different user id than SAB or XBMC itself? I tried editting the /etc/transmission-daemon/settings.json to change download dir but still no change

- erhnam - 2010-01-28

Methanoid Wrote:Re the Transmission - I deleted the /downloads dir and left the existing /Downloads dir which works fine with SABnzbd. I still get the same problem. Does Transmission use a different user id than SAB or XBMC itself?

Could you please try the following. Open the file: /etc/init.d/transmission-daemon

Change the following line:
Code:
USER=debian-transmission

to:

Code:
USER=xbmc

Or just type:
Code:
sudo sed -i "s/USER=debian-transmission/USER=xbmc/g" /etc/init.d/transmission-daemon

Please let me know the results. If this fixes the problem for you I'll incorporate this in my next release.

- xbmcHerb - 2010-01-28

Big noob here. My Revo 1600 arrived yesterday. I installed 9.11 V 10 and XBMC is running great.

I have a few issues:

When I connect to XBMC via http, I see:

Quote:It works!
This is the default web page for this server.

The web server software is running but no content has been added, yet.

When I type the ip/transmission/ or ip/sabnzbd, it fails to connect or load anything.

I also don't have any menu sounds (minor)

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Herb

- bennythejet - 2010-01-28

I just tried to upgrade from v8 to v10 using the "Upgrade instructions to xbmcfreak v9" posted on xbmcfreak's site but substituting the v9 for v10 obviously. All went ok but when I rebooted (as the last step says to) I get this message:

Quote:* Restarting OpenBSD Secure Shell server sshd48-1136e56c9eac
* could not access PID file for nmbd

Any ideas how I can fix this?
Thanks.

- Methanoid - 2010-01-28

erhnam Wrote:Could you please try the following. Open the file: /etc/init.d/transmission-daemon

Change the following line:
Code:
USER=debian-transmission

to:

Code:
USER=xbmc

Or just type:
Code:
sudo sed -i "s/USER=debian-transmission/USER=xbmc/g" /etc/init.d/transmission-daemon

Please let me know the results. If this fixes the problem for you I'll incorporate this in my next release.

Nearly. Then we have permissions issues on other directories

Fixed with

sudo chown -hR xbmc:xbmc /var/lib/transmission-daemon

It then allows a download. Takes a while before speed builds up, maybe a minute before I got above 1k but now I am getting 300k+ even on the most busy TV torrent I could find - http://thepiratebay.org/search/heroes/0/7/200

I think that now counts as a fix! Big Grin

Can we fix the name of the box. I am still struggling with two Ions called XBMClive on my network!!! Wink

- erhnam - 2010-01-28

Methanoid Wrote:Fixed with:
sudo chown -hR xbmc:xbmc /var/lib/transmission-daemon
I think that now counts as a fix! Big Grin

Thanks! I'll add this one!

Methanoid Wrote:Can we fix the name of the box. I am still struggling with two Ions called XBMClive on my network!!! Wink

I corrected some small things in my smb.conf. You could try the following global settings and let me know if this works for you:

Code:
[global]
workgroup = WORKGROUP
server string = %h server (Samba, XBMC)
dns proxy = no
name resolve order = hosts wins bcast
guest account = xbmc
load printers = no
show add printer wizard = no
log file = /var/log/samba/log.%m
max log size = 1000
syslog = 0
panic action = /usr/share/samba/panic-action %d
encrypt passwords = true
passdb backend = tdbsam
obey pam restrictions = yes
unix password sync = yes
passwd program = /usr/bin/passwd %u
passwd chat = *Enter\snew\s*\spassword:* %n\n *Retype\snew\s*\spassword:* %n\n *password\supdated\ssuccessfully* .
pam password change = yes
map to guest = bad user

And what's the result of the command: hostname

- Methanoid - 2010-01-28

erhnam Wrote:Thanks! I'll add this one!

I corrected some small things in my smb.conf. You could try the following global settings and let me know if this works for you:

Code:
[global]
workgroup = WORKGROUP
server string = %h server (Samba, XBMC)
dns proxy = no
name resolve order = hosts wins bcast
guest account = xbmc
load printers = no
show add printer wizard = no
log file = /var/log/samba/log.%m
max log size = 1000
syslog = 0
panic action = /usr/share/samba/panic-action %d
encrypt passwords = true
passdb backend = tdbsam
obey pam restrictions = yes
unix password sync = yes
passwd program = /usr/bin/passwd %u
passwd chat = *Enter\snew\s*\spassword:* %n\n *Retype\snew\s*\spassword:* %n\n *password\supdated\ssuccessfully* .
pam password change = yes
map to guest = bad user

And what's the result of the command: hostname

Same

If I type Hostname Crap
then Hostname it says its called Crap but W7 STILL thinks its called XBMCLive
Sad

- ClayM - 2010-01-28

Can I upgrade from v8 -> v10 or do I need to do v8->v9->v10 incrementally?

- Hannes The Hun - 2010-01-28

just as a sidenote: the live CD is now becoming bleeding edge thanks to xbmcfreak, and I like that a lot! Big Grin