Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] NVIDIA ION optimized XBMC Live 9.11 Live CD / Live USB version - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Linux (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=52)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] NVIDIA ION optimized XBMC Live 9.11 Live CD / Live USB version (/showthread.php?tid=66388)

- rob_b - 2010-01-29

DoeBoye Wrote:@rob b:

I've read people saying they needed to set all sorts of resolutions, but one fellow who seemed quite confident (Can't remember who exactly! I have spent hours and hours googling about my issues and have lost track of some sources Smile ), stated that was all that was needed to be done... Sure enough, I added the line, and my resolution options suddenly included 1920x1080@60hz.

One thing I came across was that the server wouldn't let me edit the file before changing the permissions. To do so, I pressed Ctrl-Alt-F1 in the XBMC interface, which took me to command line.

I then logged in under my user name I created during install (It will prompt you). Once logged in, I switched to the root user by typing: "sudo su root". Password was the same as initial login password.

Once logged in, I had to chmod the file from 755 to 777 ("chmod 777 xorg.conf" Note: this will only work if you are in the same directory as xorg.conf. Otherwise, you need to provide the whole path eg: /path/xorg.conf).

Once it was 777, I ftp'd it to my local machine, added the line of text (twin view etc), re uploaded it to the server, and chmod-ed it back to 755...

Smile

Wow DB, thanks a bunch. This is some good info. That is why I love this community.

- Ronald Pagan - 2010-01-29

Methanoid Wrote:I use W7 and it works fine for me and has since v7 or v8. Have you made any mods at all? Are you browsing thru "Network"? Do you have your W7 PC in same Workgroup (ie "Workgroup") as XBMCLive?
Tried it on W7 and no dice either. The XBMC box can see computers over the network but my windows machines can't. edit: figured it out, sorry for noobness

- Methanoid - 2010-01-29

Methanoid Wrote:can just work out how to change the machine name in Windows share when browsing the network I'd be happy :confused2:

@ernham

Pretty sure the problem is the lack of netbios name in SMB.conf.

I vaguely remember this from a previous install of Ubuntu. Ubuntu uses hostname for the name of the machine but Windows uses netbios or something like that. I think this explains it.

If you've not solved it, I'll sort it tomorrow and let you know what it is for the next version.

Will Chrome be in V11 ?? Wink

Keyboard layout - Gerabit - 2010-01-29

Gerabit Wrote:First of all I want to thank you for this fine release....

I have one question:
How can we change the keyboard configuration? In installation there isn't any option....

Please second time that i ask for help, I'm in Portugal and the keyboard is set to something different by default, using your latest release, v9,

Thank you for integrating the wireless to this one, saved me some work... Big Grin

- rensvind - 2010-01-29

DoeBoye Wrote:@rensvind: So you are using 2 usb sticks then? Image on one, and a second to receive the install and it is still breaking?

I'm not trying to install it at all. I just try to run it directly without installing anything. I have done so earlier.

- erhnam - 2010-01-29

Methanoid Wrote:@ernham

Pretty sure the problem is the lack of netbios name in SMB.conf.

I vaguely remember this from a previous install of Ubuntu. Ubuntu uses hostname for the name of the machine but Windows uses netbios or something like that. I think this explains it.

If you've not solved it, I'll sort it tomorrow and let you know what it is for the next version.

Will Chrome be in V11 ?? Wink

Haven't found the issue yet, but feel free to make suggestions. Please let me know when you found the solution. I'll integrate it in v11

Remote is working! - salata - 2010-01-29

erhnam Wrote:Could you pass me the link? I just looked on the website but v1.0.1 is still listed there.

They had to remove 1.0.2 from their website. But guess what v 1.0.4 is available to download from link below:
http://europe.asrock.com/downloadsite/drivers/Nettop/Ubuntu/IR(9.10).zip

Hopefully they fixed all issues with the remote.

I think they did. Yesterday I installed Ubuntu 32bit with a 1.0.1 driver, but didn't finish with xbmc. Today installed installed xbmc and newest driver after. Works like a charm. Suspending and waking-up is working from the remote. Finally. Laugh

Now I have to make ubuntu/xbmc to get along with Windows 7 Eek. I'm new to linux so I believe I have to go via samba configuration. Any quick clues ? Users xbmc on both machines with a same password. Managed to connect over smb, bu every time I have to type username/password and win7 computer name as a domain. Where to change the settings to have it fixed once for all?
Someone has Asrock remote codes? Want to change some keys behavior and configure xbmc to fully use Asrock remote. More questions to come...

Regards
Salata

- Methanoid - 2010-01-29

erhnam Wrote:Haven't found the issue yet, but feel free to make suggestions. Please let me know when you found the solution. I'll integrate it in v11

http://samba.netfirms.com/sambconf.htm shows the solution AND problem

It says:
netbios name is what you will see in your Windows pc "Network Neighborhood" for your Samba server.You can name this anything you wish. If you leave it blank, it will default to your host name.

I also found that Windows caches the names so it takes more than 15 mins before Windows recognises a change. However, we ought to have it defined

When I get home tonight I'll amend mine and see if that solves it (as it should)

- jas722 - 2010-01-29

fozzieb Wrote:I just received my Acer Revo today in the Mail and installed V10 of this XBMC Live edition for NVidia Ion. Its so great thanks so much for putting this together, everything seems to work great. The only prob I seem to have is getting the Acer Revo to output in 1080P, the highest Resolution available in "Systems Settings" is 720 x 480 @ 50 hz.

Does anyone know why I can't output at 1080P?

I have it hooked up via HDMI. I did not install anything extra just the ISO from V10.

Thanks much for any help

What TV are you using? it should detect the settings that you TV can handle.

The TV I'm using is a Vizio V047L, it supports 720p, 1080i, 1080p but for some reason I can not get my tv to support any resolution past 720 x 480 (480P) on my Acer Revo with V10 of this wonderful XBMC install.

I did a few searches performed some tweeks in the conf files but the only thing I could get was for 60 Hz at 720 X 480.

I have the Acer plugged into my Yamaha RX-V3900 receiver and then outputted directly to my Television. I can set the receiver to up convert to 1080P but you can tell its not really "HD".

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Sorry if this has come up before but I can't seem to solve the issue. And I'm quite a newbie with Linux so if command lines are necessary a guide would be much appreciated Big Grin

Please....Halp :confused2:

- DoeBoye - 2010-01-29

rensvind Wrote:I'm not trying to install it at all. I just try to run it directly without installing anything. I have done so earlier.

Really? I wasn't aware that was even possible. The file I downloaded is an image file that tries to instal xbmc as soon as the machine boots. I'm not sure how you could run it without installing it somewhere....

Sorry I couldn't be more help Sad

DB

- rob_b - 2010-01-29

DoeBoye Wrote:Really? I wasn't aware that was even possible. The file I downloaded is an image file that tries to instal xbmc as soon as the machine boots. I'm not sure how you could run it without installing it somewhere....

Sorry I couldn't be more help Sad

DB

DB, the image should give you options upon boot. I beleive the last option will boot XBMC from the CD.

- erhnam - 2010-01-29

Methanoid Wrote:http://samba.netfirms.com/sambconf.htm shows the solution AND problem

It says:
netbios name is what you will see in your Windows pc "Network Neighborhood" for your Samba server.You can name this anything you wish. If you leave it blank, it will default to your host name.

I also found that Windows caches the names so it takes more than 15 mins before Windows recognises a change. However, we ought to have it defined

When I get home tonight I'll amend mine and see if that solves it (as it should)

Thx. Just pass me the adjustments within the smb.conf and I'll put them in the next version. I also resolved an issue with some cups errors in the logging.

- Methanoid - 2010-01-29

erhnam Wrote:Thx. Just pass me the adjustments within the smb.conf and I'll put them in the next version. I also resolved an issue with some cups errors in the logging.

just add

"netbios name = XBMCLive" and then all anyone needs to do is change that to whatever they want. 99% of users won't want to or need to but its nice to have it in. I'd suggest also a comment line underneath explaining it!

Suggestion: Printer Sharing to be added?

- batrad - 2010-01-29

I still can't play any BR Titles.. have tried a few (Superaman, Snow White..)

Any ideas ?

Should I paste a debug log here ?

- blashkyrk - 2010-01-29

Just want to thank you for an excellent distro!!
Transferred the iso (v10) to my USB-stick with Unetbootin.
Booted on the USB and selected to install to disc.
Followed the guide and rebooted.

Everything seems to work (only tested BR MKV's so far), only thing I had to do was replace the xorg.conf with my own that has all the mod-lines I need for 24p support.

...done !

This runs on my ION-HTPC (Zotac 330 ION board).
2Gb RAM, 160Gb HD and a Samsung LCD LE46B650.