Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] NVIDIA ION optimized XBMC Live 9.11 Live CD / Live USB version - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Linux (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=52)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] NVIDIA ION optimized XBMC Live 9.11 Live CD / Live USB version (/showthread.php?tid=66388)

- blashkyrk - 2010-01-29

jas722 Wrote:The TV I'm using is a Vizio V047L, it supports 720p, 1080i, 1080p but for some reason I can not get my tv to support any resolution past 720 x 480 (480P) on my Acer Revo with V10 of this wonderful XBMC install.

I did a few searches performed some tweeks in the conf files but the only thing I could get was for 60 Hz at 720 X 480.

I have the Acer plugged into my Yamaha RX-V3900 receiver and then outputted directly to my Television. I can set the receiver to up convert to 1080P but you can tell its not really "HD".

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Sorry if this has come up before but I can't seem to solve the issue. And I'm quite a newbie with Linux so if command lines are necessary a guide would be much appreciated Big Grin

Please....Halp :confused2:

It sounds like you need to fix your xorg.conf.
I could not get 24p support without making changes to it.
Sometimes it seems that the TV's dont report which resolutions and framrates they support in an correct fasion.

Search for xorg.conf and modlines. There are alot of threads.
I was lucky and found another guy that already had it fixed and he posted his conf file.

- DoeBoye - 2010-01-29

rob_b Wrote:DB, the image should give you options upon boot. I beleive the last option will boot XBMC from the CD.

Look at that! I never even noticed that option! I always just went straight to "install on disk"

Thanks for the tip Smile

- jas722 - 2010-01-30

blashkyrk Wrote:I sound like you need to fix your xorg.conf.
I could not get 24p support without making changes to it.
Sometimes it seems that the TV's dont tell which resolutions and framrates they support in an correct fasion.

Search for xorg.conf and modlines. There are alot of threads.
I was lucky and found another guy that already had it fixed and he posted his conf file.

Thanks much for the tip, a bit of searching later i came upon this thread http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=54685 which posts exactly how to get the correct resolutions for you display.

Hope this will help someone who had the same issue i had.

Thanks again, this xbmc version is so sweet, i almost can't believe it. Plays 1080P content with ease.

- Nutcasey - 2010-01-30

Hello,

I'm running this off of a USB stick and have plugged in the following USB receiver (Cyberlink Media Centre Remote Control - With Mini USB IR Receiver):

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000ZRG7LY/ref=ox_ya_oh_product

The remote that came with it seems to work except for BACK button. It doesn't seem to have one. Does anyone know what is wrong? I have a harmony one remote that I can program if need be to work with the receiver (I made it into a MCE remote) and despite going through all the keys, a back button still seems to be missing.

Any ides?

- Methanoid - 2010-01-30

Nutcasey Wrote:Hello,

I'm running this off of a USB stick and have plugged in the following USB receiver (Cyberlink Media Centre Remote Control - With Mini USB IR Receiver):

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000ZRG7LY/ref=ox_ya_oh_product

The remote that came with it seems to work except for BACK button. It doesn't seem to have one. Does anyone know what is wrong? I have a harmony one remote that I can program if need be to work with the receiver (I made it into a MCE remote) and despite going through all the keys, a back button still seems to be missing.

Any ides?

Sounds to me nothing related to THIS distro. I'd suggest search for the remote on the forum or posting a general help question?

- Nutcasey - 2010-01-30

Ok I will give that a go.

- Icefeldt - 2010-01-30

chrome webbrowser in v11?
I would really like a webbrowser, but I personally would preferr Firefox Wink

- Scott R - 2010-01-30

Hi, a couple of questions/suggestions:
1) What's the ETA on v11? I'd like to give this a try with my Revo 1600, but if v11 is only a couple of days away, I'll wait for that.
2) Could you update your first post in this thread to always point to the latest version? It looks like that post still points to v9.

- erhnam - 2010-01-30

Scott R Wrote:Hi, a couple of questions/suggestions:
1) What's the ETA on v11? I'd like to give this a try with my Revo 1600, but if v11 is only a couple of days away, I'll wait for that.
2) Could you update your first post in this thread to always point to the latest version? It looks like that post still points to v9.

v11, somewhere next week. Maybe the week after. I'll update the post. btw; upgrade is is also possible. Check my sig.

- TxDot - 2010-01-30

Does your installer allow me to resize an existing partition and then install on the new partition leaving my Win7 install intact. My desire here is to have a dual boot setup. I have gone through the install and attempted the resize but the new partition was marked as unusable. Not sure what to try next.

Update: The installer will allow for resizing a partition. In my case I had 4 primary partitions (that's how the disk was partitioned by ASUS). I deleted one of the partitions using the diskpart utility in Windows 7. After starting the xbmc install again the option resize a partition was then displayed. I selected that option and everything worked like a champ!

- Ronald Pagan - 2010-01-30

When I FTP to the asrock to install the Rialto skin which directory do I put it in? It says put in the Alaska directory but there is no direction under user/.xbmc/skins/ IS there a directory on the system drive?

Also, I am getting a message cannot locate PID file for nbfs at bootup right after smb loads. Is this the reason why I cann't connect to the xbmclive share from windows computers on the network?

- Methanoid - 2010-01-30

Icefeldt Wrote:chrome webbrowser in v11?
I would really like a webbrowser, but I personally would preferr Firefox Wink

if you'd read the thread you'd know why Firefox is unlikely Wink

- osirisjem - 2010-01-30

I loaded v10 on my Asrock ION 330 HT.
When I insert a DVD or a CD with an .avi file ... nothing happens.
I have it set to automatically play DVDs.
Is there a way to do this manually ?

- Scott R - 2010-01-30

Sorry for the probably dumb question, but I'm not clear as to how to go about installing this onto a USB stick. I boot up the CD-ROM I burned, and choose "Install to disk". After it starts doing it's thing, it looks like it's going to install to my hard drive, so I panic and exit out. At what point is it supposed to let me choose where I want to install it? Do I need to choose "Manual" or can I choose "Automatic" and will it afterwards let me pick my USB memory stick as the destination?

- TxDot - 2010-01-30

Scott R Wrote:Sorry for the probably dumb question, but I'm not clear as to how to go about installing this onto a USB stick. I boot up the CD-ROM I burned, and choose "Install to disk". After it starts doing it's thing, it looks like it's going to install to my hard drive, so I panic and exit out. At what point is it supposed to let me choose where I want to install it? Do I need to choose "Manual" or can I choose "Automatic" and will it afterwards let me pick my USB memory stick as the destination?
It will get to a point where you get to choose the disk to install it on.