Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] NVIDIA ION optimized XBMC Live 9.11 Live CD / Live USB version - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Linux (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=52)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] NVIDIA ION optimized XBMC Live 9.11 Live CD / Live USB version (/showthread.php?tid=66388)

- erhnam - 2010-02-02

X3lectric Wrote:@ erhnam would you consider creating/improving on these disks with menu driven program installs so users can choose which extra programs to install?

No, I'm not considering this. It would require a lot of effort to build.

For a custom installation I suggest to use apt-get and specify you want or not. Mine version targets the less average users who wants out-the-box experience.

- erhnam - 2010-02-02

thedalmeny Wrote:Whats the main advantage of it over vanilla?

I know it may have been covered throughout this thread, but at over 30 pages and many revisions hehe..

Also does work like normal with the Microsoft MCE Remote out of the box ye?

Also got a guide to make a USB bootable thing to install 9.11

Exactly same process i guess to install this ye?

The main advantage over vanilla is that this version is customized with settings and programs. It does all the easy work for you and also includes some bugfixes. See the second post of this thread with all the details. If Microsoft MCE Remote support is included in vanilla, it's also supported in this version. No improvements or drawbacks on this side.

Another advantage is that this built contains the latest Ubuntu packages with security and stability fixes. If you decide to install vanilla however you could also upgrade manually.

If you're a more experienced user, like X3lectric, install xbmc on your local harddisk and customize by hand. This won't end you up with all the clutter you don't need.

- thedalmeny - 2010-02-02

erhnam Wrote:The main advantage over vanilla is that this version is customized with settings and programs. It does all the easy work for you and also includes some bugfixes. See the second post of this thread with all the details. If Microsoft MCE Remote support is included in vanilla, it's also supported in this version. No improvements or drawbacks on this side.

Another advantage is that this built contains the latest Ubuntu packages with security and stability fixes. If you decide to install vanilla however you could also upgrade manually.

If you're a more experienced user, like X3lectric, install xbmc on your local harddisk and customize by hand. This won't end you up with all the clutter you don't need.

Yeah mate - sounds perfect..

Basically an all you can eat version of XBMC Live Smile

Does me down to the ground that.

Thanks very much for ya hard work on creating something like this, it won't please everyone.. But for someone like me, it's fantastic Smile.

- phantomd - 2010-02-02

First of all thank you for your wonderfull work. I have installed the latest version yesterday to my Foxconn Netbox 330i. If i use the live CD sound over HDMI is working fine. After i install it to the disk everything is working fine except audio over HDMI. I checked diffrent settings in System - System - Audio but nothing works. Did you have some advice for me what i can checkout or test to bring HDMI Audio up and running after installing the System to Harddisk ?

Thnx

- Icefeldt - 2010-02-02

phantomd Wrote:First of all thank you for your wonderfull work. I have installed the latest version yesterday to my Foxconn Netbox 330i. If i use the live CD sound over HDMI is working fine. After i install it to the disk everything is working fine except audio over HDMI. I checked diffrent settings in System - System - Audio but nothing works. Did you have some advice for me what i can checkout or test to bring HDMI Audio up and running after installing the System to Harddisk ?

Thnx

set audio device to: hdmi
instead of alsa: plug: both

- phantomd - 2010-02-02

thnx can you explain a bit in more detail please i have acutally this configuration :

Audio output : Digital
Dolby Digital (AC3) cabable receiver = enabled
DTS Cabable Receiver = enabled
Audio output device = hdmi
Passthrough output device = hdmi
Downmix multichannel audio to stereo = enabled

After changing this settings is a reboot needed ?

Thank you for your help

- erhnam - 2010-02-02

phantomd Wrote:After changing this settings is a reboot needed ?
Thank you for your help

Nope. Which version are you using? v10 is configured with out of the box audio for every device.

- Scott R - 2010-02-02

phantomd, FWIW, after making changes, I had to reboot before my audio would work.

Also, your settings don't make sense to me. If you have a Dolby Digital and DTS capable receiver, why are you downmixing to stereo? That's possible, but seems odd. More likely you're either:
a) Plugging via HDMI directly to your TV, in which case you should uncheck the Dolby Digital and DTS settings. Or,
b) You're connecting to a Dolby Digital and DTS-capable receiver (with 5.1 or more speakers) in which case you'll want to uncheck the "Downmix multichannel audio to stereo".

Also, I found that I had to modify my .asoundrc file to get menu sounds working. I had to change the slave section's pcm "both" to pcm "hdmi", but based on Icefeldt's comments, I'm wondering if changing settings within XBMC from "hdmi" to "both" might have been another way to fix that?

- phantomd - 2010-02-02

Hi

I use Version 10. Its really strange, here something that i have tested right now :

If i boot from CD the Live system and change after the settings like this audio is working fine :

Dolby Digital (AC3) cabable receiver = enabled
DTS Cabable Receiver = enabled

If i boot the installed version from Harddisk (Version 10) and have the similar settings there is no sound its really strange.

- inAndr - 2010-02-02

Hi, I have Zotac MAG and I have problem with immediately waking after going to sleep (suspend).

How I can fix it?

- phantomd - 2010-02-02

I have reinstalled now the Version 10 to the harddisk to be sure that i have a clean install without any config mistakes from my side. Wha i have done :

1. Boot from CD, choose install to disk
2. Let the system install to the disk
3. Reboot, XBMC start from Harddisk
4. Go to System - System - Audio

Adjust the Values like this :

Dolby Digital (AC3) cabable receiver = disabled
DTS Cabable Receiver = disabled

5. Go back to Videos and play a video file from my usb stick

Result = NO Audio

If i do the same from the Live System it works properly and i have Audio. Any idea what can be this nasty issue ? Smile

Update : I have now enabled Debbuging, and here is the logfile : http://pastebin.com/f7fd07610
Hope Somebody can help me with this issue

How to upgrade to 27338? - xbmcHerb - 2010-02-02

Can someone explain to this noob how to upgrade to 27338 without having to download the entire build?

Thanks

- phantomd - 2010-02-02

Nobody has a idea what can be the issue of my HDMI Sound issue ?

- Hannes The Hun - 2010-02-02

phantomd Wrote:Update : I have now enabled Debbuging, and here is the logfile : http://pastebin.com/f7fd07610
Hope Somebody can help me with this issue

sorry but I had to laugh hard:

"checking for any edit decision lists (EDL) on local drive or remote share for: /media/PATRIOT/Fuck Slaves 4 - CD1.avi"

okay, now that I can breath again: your nice video should have mp3 2.0 audio encoded, so I don't see the need for downmixing etc

- robbaroon - 2010-02-02

robbaroon Wrote:I saw several posts earlier on in this thread from people having issues with this build not seeing usb wireless network adapters but didn't see any resolution. Unfortunately I can't seem to get mine to work either. I've tried three different usb adapters, an older dlink b, a netgear g, and a brand new linksys N and none of them apparently register properly during XBMC install. I've done the steps described on this thread and still can't get XBMC to see out. Going under the settings I can see that XBMC is getting an Ip address and the rest of the info from the router although beside Internet it just says "Busy".

Am I missing something? I'd really like to get this working as everything else about it seems to work so much better than the Windows version. Please help!

Hate to bump my own post but I really want to make this work.

Is wireless networking even possible with this build on a Revo 1600? In researching this problem myself I’ve stumbled upon posts saying that wireless isn’t really a priority since you can’t reliably stream HD content and supporting it isn’t high on the list for developers. Is this the case with this build? Am I just wasting my time trying to make it work or is it possible and I’ve just got something wrong somewhere?

Questions related to networking Revo 1600’s and this install have been posted several times on this thread but nobody has ever said if it can be done or if not why it can’t. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.