Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] NVIDIA ION optimized XBMC Live 9.11 Live CD / Live USB version - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Linux (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=52)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] NVIDIA ION optimized XBMC Live 9.11 Live CD / Live USB version (/showthread.php?tid=66388)

- erhnam - 2010-02-07

fidoboy Wrote:Hi erhnam, what about including latest alsa?

Do you know if there's a apt-get repository for karmic which includes the latest version of alsa. If so, I could give it a try.

I found one. https://launchpad.net/~ricotz/+archive/unstable

Let gives this a try.

- RXP91 - 2010-02-07

Thanks for making this release, got it working on my Revo great. Only thing is I've got a 720p mkv file that's encoded at 50fps in x264 and XBMC cannot play it smoothly. I keep getting slow downs and speed ups, all other files work fine even the 1080p Planet Earth bird scene so VDAPU is working correctly.

Anyone else encounter this?

- Hannes The Hun - 2010-02-07

please give mediainfo and/or debug log

I don't think the playback problem with this file is related to the xbmcfreak release

- osirisjem - 2010-02-07

erhnam, Do you think a "Linux for Newbies" thread that specifically deals with your release would be a good idea? It'll prevent this thread from getting overloaded. And if you could put a reference to it in your first post, it'll be easy for people to find. Questions/Problems like I have could be concentrated there. Smile

- manekineko - 2010-02-07

Is there a simple tutorial on adding Boxee on the latest builds? I'm running v11, and the dual boot version linked to much earlier in this thread seems fairly out of date now.

Also, on upgrading between v11 and v12, do I just need to backup my user directory and then I can reformat the whole drive? Or is there anything more involved I need to do?

- mross22 - 2010-02-07

osirisjem Wrote:erhnam, Do you think a "Linux for Newbies" thread that specifically deals with your release would be a good idea? It'll prevent this thread from getting overloaded. And if you could put a reference to it in your first post, it'll be easy for people to find. Questions/Problems like I have could be concentrated there. Smile

2cnd, heartily.

- Hannes The Hun - 2010-02-08

guys, so I was finally playing around a little with the makemkv/bluray script

I have a USB BD-ROM on my revo and tried to get the T2 Bluray to play. so first thing that I noticed was that the BD-ROM wouldn't get mounted. I SSH'd into the system and did a mount /dev/cdrom so I can see the disc ("T2_Features") in file manager

so, when choosing "disc" nothing happens (waiting for stream, counts to 100%, closes); when browsing I can search through the BDROM but have no idea what to open... index.bdmv won't work, progress at 100% and closes

will try to get debug log posted tomorrow, anybody has some ideas?

- catrix - 2010-02-08

you cant play original bd discs... only isos without the copy protection thats why

Wrong - cowfodder - 2010-02-08

catrix Wrote:you cant play original bd discs... only isos without the copy protection thats why

I suggest you read up on MakeMKV and try again. It plays BD originals just fine.

- saratoga - 2010-02-08

manekineko Wrote:Is there a simple tutorial on adding Boxee on the latest builds? I'm running v11, and the dual boot version linked to much earlier in this thread seems fairly out of date now.

Also, on upgrading between v11 and v12, do I just need to backup my user directory and then I can reformat the whole drive? Or is there anything more involved I need to do?

I added Boxee to my XBMC + Ubuntu machine and I didn't have to do anything special beyond downloading the boxee .deb. Provided you have the sound and vdpau stuff setup for XBMC, it should also work with the same settings in Boxee. Its all basically the same thing.

- Shank - 2010-02-08

Hannes The Hun Wrote:guys, so I was finally playing around a little with the makemkv/bluray script

I have a USB BD-ROM on my revo and tried to get the T2 Bluray to play. so first thing that I noticed was that the BD-ROM wouldn't get mounted. I SSH'd into the system and did a mount /dev/cdrom so I can see the disc ("T2_Features") in file manager

so, when choosing "disc" nothing happens (waiting for stream, counts to 100%, closes); when browsing I can search through the BDROM but have no idea what to open... index.bdmv won't work, progress at 100% and closes

will try to get debug log posted tomorrow, anybody has some ideas?

Which version of the LiveCD are you on?

- Hannes The Hun - 2010-02-08

Shank Wrote:Which version of the LiveCD are you on?

tried it with the latest build, v11

I did some reading and noticed that maybe this makemkv .12 makes problems, some people are suggesting going back to .11 Huh

- mross22 - 2010-02-08

saratoga Wrote:I added Boxee to my XBMC + Ubuntu machine and I didn't have to do anything special beyond downloading the boxee .deb. Provided you have the sound and vdpau stuff setup for XBMC, it should also work with the same settings in Boxee. Its all basically the same thing.

Are you running a full Linux, it just the live version?

Launcher - mross22 - 2010-02-08

Anyone else having trouble accessing Launcher on this build? I can't find it, although it is there when I SSH in;

- FoxMcCloud - 2010-02-08

Hi guys

am I right in thinking that this should work a-ok with an Asus EeeBox EB1501 ?

As in, download, burn to disc, install and done?
Would Wireless be an option during install (to get it to connect to network) or after install....
etc

Thanks