Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] NVIDIA ION optimized XBMC Live 9.11 Live CD / Live USB version - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Linux (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=52)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] NVIDIA ION optimized XBMC Live 9.11 Live CD / Live USB version (/showthread.php?tid=66388)

- houlty - 2010-03-26

Starstream Wrote:Turn off overscan in the settings menu on the Panasonic TV, dont know about the 1080p issue you 100% positive it is check model number through Google to find native resolution of display.

i'll look into the overscan setting for panasonic, however updating to the latest svn removed the skin over lapping after manually correcting the overscan... hopefully this setting removes the need for manual correction though.

The model is a Panasonic TX-37LZD70, and everywhere state its 1920x1080 so that can't be the problem. One thing i didn't try to do was swap hdmi ports though, so i'll try that tomorrow. Other than that i'll load another xbmc live install onto a thumb drive and see what that detects resolution wise, to see if its a problem with my current install (currently running live off the hard disk).

Failing that, this thread seems it may help my problem, but i'm having a few issues with it at the minute (i'm sure i'll figure it out though).

thanks for the suggestion anyway.

- osirisjem - 2010-03-28

I have an ASROCK ION 330 HT.
Is there a way to Update my v11 XBMCFreak to
XBMCFreak Generic beta4 ?

I have transferred alot of files to the Asrock already.

Is the only option to install beta4 overtop ?
Is there plans for an "update" option ? or will we be forced to constantly overwrite ?

Thanks.

One reason I want to update is that my device doesn't resume properly still.

- ext23 - 2010-03-29

i installed this for the first time a few days ago, it's my first experience with linux ever so i'm a complete beginner. the install process works a charm and mostly everything works right out of the box (or USB stick, as it were). thanks for all the hard work.

however i have a few issues/questions.
  • i'm running an acer r3610. when i try to play the 'killa sample' from a locally attached external HD through VDPAU, i get a fair amount of stutter at the start, not to mention some unsightly green digital interference on the screen. also the audio kicks in just before the video. is this normal? i sometimes experience the same phenomenon with other SD quality videos from time to time, although not as severe. i've also noticed some very slight judder in other 1080p files.
  • how do i make XBMC automatically mount my local external HD? it seems like every time i restart, it is unmounted, and this no good cause all my media is on it. EDIT: solved.
  • does anybody else have any crashes after installing the new nvidia drivers? when i switch from XBMC to the console, i get this: http://picasaweb.google.com.au/lh/photo/rw3fDhdJqCnHehRJXOCVOA?feat=directlink EDIT: solved.
  • how do i update XBMC over the top of the xbmcfreak install? do i use the apt-get command at the console to update, then upgrade? EDIT: solved
  • finally, how do i easily and painlessly install the new SD hardware upscalers? 95% of my vids are SD so i need them to look as good as possible. i couldn't make head nor tail of this thread: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=67486 EDIT: solved, but still can't tell if they are actually doing their job.

any help would be greatly appreciated. still not sure about the 1080p issue! maybe i should just forget about it.

- reddevilmeuk - 2010-04-04

Hi, here's a n00b question for you....

I used to be a Windows XBMC user but converted to Live when I purchased a Acer Revo3610

Sound via Toslink

Question 1

1. Im having issues where I cannot play a DTS 1080p MKV without it stuttering. I disable DTS and it's fine, however I dont have the correct audio. Will this build help me?

2. My video setting is 1080 60hz and all my MKV's are 24fps 1080p but when I play an MKV it seems to default at 50hz.... any reason..

I'm just plain confused and want to make sure I'm getting the best out of my little revo

help would be appreciated...

- ppic - 2010-04-04

the best way to know is to try !
your problem may come from bad configuration, you can also try ubuntu minimal install + xci script, which help your to configure on netop ion as revo

- kees667 - 2010-04-05

How long do the stuttering/artifacts last? The clip is cut from the middle of a movie so it happens here as well, but just for one second. I don't have any dropped frames/artifacts after that first second.

About the judder in other files: are you connected with 100mbit or internal/external harddisk? Are there dropped frames?

ext23 Wrote:i'm running an acer r3610. when i try to play the 'killa sample' from a locally attached external HD through VDPAU, i get a fair amount of stutter at the start, not to mention some unsightly green digital interference on the screen. also the audio kicks in just before the video. is this normal? i sometimes experience the same phenomenon with other SD quality videos from time to time, although not as severe. i've also noticed some very slight judder in other 1080p files.

- m3g4tr0n - 2010-04-05

ext23 Wrote:[*]does anybody else have any crashes after installing the new nvidia drivers? when i switch from XBMC to the console, i get this: http://picasaweb.google.com.au/lh/photo/rw3fDhdJqCnHehRJXOCVOA?feat=directlink EDIT: solved.

do you mind posting how you solved this?

Zotac ION ITX Issues - frameskip - 2010-04-08

I'm loving this release overall, but am wondering if anyone that has a Zotac ION board (I have the F-E) is having issues with the following on the latest Generic beta 4. If so, were these ever working on a previous release (such as v13)?

1. System will wake on keyboard, but not from MCE remote
2. XBMC does not show CPU/GPU temperatures

I think these may have been addressed at some point in this thread, but it looks like a lot of history is missing since the lightning strike...

- zcheng - 2010-04-08

hi, this is my first post to this forum. i just bought a Zotac Mag and installed the generic beta 4 version. everything works fine except there is no sound to my receiver. i am using HDMI cable to my yamaha htr-6150 and output to my Samsung Plasma. video works fine but there is no sound whatever output parameter i tried. i tried Digital output and the output device is Default. any fix or suggestion?

thanks in advance!

- Geeba - 2010-04-08

can anyone point me again to the latest version of this? - I cant find it on xbmcfreakHuh

- cowfodder - 2010-04-09

Geeba Wrote:can anyone point me again to the latest version of this? - I cant find it on xbmcfreakHuh

ernham is no longer making ION optimized discs. The generic V4 disc is the newest one. When you install it to an Nvidia system it runs some scripts to optimize the system.

Source

- -FX-RIDER- - 2010-04-09

Hi,

I'm testing the xbmc freak live cds, and I must say, very nice work. I used the v13 Ion and the v4 generic directly from usb as live boot image (made with unetboot).

For a better customisation I tried yesterday to install the generic v4 from CD to an USB stick from the included installer. The installation is finished withou a problem, but after a reboot I see the XBMC loading splash and after some seconds the system has an error, because of some missing PIDs. No

Can anybody give me a hint what's wrong or what kind of logs do I have to post for further investigation.

- m3g4tr0n - 2010-04-10

frameskip Wrote:2. XBMC does not show CPU/GPU temperatures

do you have advancedsettings.xml with the info below in /home/xbmc/.xbmc/userdata folder?

Code:
<advancedsettings>
    <cputempcommand>echo "$(sensors -u | tail -n4 | grep temp1_input | awk '{print $2 }' |awk '{printf("%d\n",$1 + 0.5);}') C"</cputempcommand>
    <gputempcommand>echo "$(nvclock -T | sed -ne "s/=> GPU temp.*: \([0-9]\+\).*/\1/p") C"</gputempcommand>
</advancedsettings>

- NotShorty - 2010-04-10

erhnam Wrote:Complete overview:
- Nvidia Only

Post #2 rolled back to its pre-lightning strike state. If it's not too much trouble, could you please update it to reflect the current state of XBMCFreak Live (i.e. check out generic version or v13 and the difference, if any, between the two).

Thanks!
NS

- dhoodle - 2010-04-10

Hi,

I am a noob, and would like to try this out on my Acer 3610.

Could someone please provide a download link for one of these ? every one is bloody dead!

Would prefer the version 13 - as it supports the NVIDIA chip out of the box.

Thanks Smile