Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] NVIDIA ION optimized XBMC Live 9.11 Live CD / Live USB version - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Linux (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=52)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] NVIDIA ION optimized XBMC Live 9.11 Live CD / Live USB version (/showthread.php?tid=66388)

- SiNJiN - 2010-04-24

Maybe it's just the movie Avatar? I don't have any other BD to try out right now.

- cowfodder - 2010-04-24

SiNJiN Wrote:I connected a Blu Ray drive but won't play a Blu Ray Disc. It'll play a regular DVD fine, but when I put in a Blu Ray...nothing happens. Is there a setting that I need to fiddle with? My understanding is that the Blu Ray script is already build into this version. (v14)

Did you go to scripts/blu-ray and use the script?

- SiNJiN - 2010-04-24

cowfodder Wrote:Did you go to scripts/blu-ray and use the script?

Oo Eek Laugh I didn't know about that part! LOL! Thanks I'll try it out.

- joeshmoe - 2010-04-24

Thank you sir. This version solved a few problems I was having on my 1600.

- -FX-RIDER- - 2010-04-24

@SiNJiN

Does the BluRay script worj with the Avatar Bluray? Heard that MakeMKV isn't capable of decrypting the new BD+ protection up to now. And this is what's needed for watching this BD under linux...

- cowfodder - 2010-04-25

-FX-RIDER- Wrote:@SiNJiN

Does the BluRay script worj with the Avatar Bluray? Heard that MakeMKV isn't capable of decrypting the new BD+ protection up to now. And this is what's needed for watching this BD under linux...

It must, as there are already rips floating around that were made with makeMKV.

- KeithLM - 2010-04-25

I'm confused about upgrading too. The instructions show a tar.gz file, now there's a zip of an iso. Is it possible to upgrade to this version on an existing install? I don't want to lose everything.

I've spontaneously lost audio on my Acer 1600. I've been fiddling with it for hours now and am having no luck. Last weekend it worked great. Two things occurred since then, one, the PC rebooted, and two, the receiver had a firmware upgrade. I've checked all the receiver's settings, and it looks fine, yet it doesn't appear to be receiving any audio signal. I've changed the bios setting mentioned in another thread, I've checked alsamixer and the .asrock. There's just no audio.

Update: I burned the ISO to a disc and no audio there. I'm really beginning to suspect that the receiver is now being picky about the signal. It's a Denon 4810 and it had a firmware update yesterday.

- erhnam - 2010-04-25

KeithLM Wrote:I'm confused about upgrading too. The instructions show a tar.gz file, now there's a zip of an iso. Is it possible to upgrade to this version on an existing install? I don't want to lose everything.

There's no upgrade instruction or tar.gz. If you want to use v14 reinstall or stay with v13.

- SiNJiN - 2010-04-25

-FX-RIDER- Wrote:@SiNJiN

Does the BluRay script work with the Avatar Bluray? Heard that MakeMKV isn't capable of decrypting the new BD+ protection up to now. And this is what's needed for watching this BD under linux...

Man...doesn't work! The script says that it's waiting for the Disc to be prepared. So I thought that maybe it was the Avatar Disc...(which a lot of people are having problems with without a firmware upgrade), so went out and rented Hurt Locker. --- Same thing...it doesn't play. Just "Waiting for Disc to be prepared - Waiting for stream".

So, just to clarify...I have an External Drive (Asus Slim Combo SBC-06D1S-U) plugged directly into my REVO (uses a 'Y' USB cable - plugs into 2 usb ports to power the drive). That's the way it's supposed to work right? Or am I supposed to have the drive plugged into my Laptop and stream it over the network.

Or did I just F'up and rented another movie with the new protection?

- SiNJiN - 2010-04-25

KeithLM Wrote:Is it possible to upgrade to this version on an existing install? I don't want to lose everything.

You should partition the REVO's HDD so that you can reinstall XBMC anytime without losing your settings/skins/downloads/videos.

- cowfodder - 2010-04-25

Read Here

Looks like new BD+ support is being worked on.

- KeithLM - 2010-04-26

Well I've done some more testing and I'm convinced something has changed in the receiver and something with XBMC, Ubuntu, or nVidia's drivers don't like the receiver now. I tried the v14 live CD with the PC connected directly to the TV. The only thing I had to change was to de-select DD and DTS, then menu and other audio worked correctly. When I try it with the receiver I get the following:

Audio output - analog
Audio output device - default
Passthrough device - iec958

Changing those as appropriate, and even trying the DD and DTS flags on and off, and the receiver never recognizes any audio coming through. I suspect the HDMI chipset in the PC isn't properly registering the audio capable flag in the receiver, and thus won't send it anything.

Anybody have any idea if it's possible to force the audio over HDMI?

- tredman - 2010-04-26

Change output and device to hdmi, do the same with pass through - assuming you are connecting your revo to your amp by hdmi, not spdif.

Try selecting the downmix option too.

Do mp3s work? If not it's probably not related to the chipset

KeithLM Wrote:Well I've done some more testing and I'm convinced something has changed in the receiver and something with XBMC, Ubuntu, or nVidia's drivers don't like the receiver now. I tried the v14 live CD with the PC connected directly to the TV. The only thing I had to change was to de-select DD and DTS, then menu and other audio worked correctly. When I try it with the receiver I get the following:

Audio output - analog
Audio output device - default
Passthrough device - iec958

Changing those as appropriate, and even trying the DD and DTS flags on and off, and the receiver never recognizes any audio coming through. I suspect the HDMI chipset in the PC isn't properly registering the audio capable flag in the receiver, and thus won't send it anything.

Anybody have any idea if it's possible to force the audio over HDMI?

- -FX-RIDER- - 2010-04-26

SiNJiN Wrote:Man...doesn't work! The script says that it's waiting for the Disc to be prepared. So I thought that maybe it was the Avatar Disc...(which a lot of people are having problems with without a firmware upgrade), so went out and rented Hurt Locker. --- Same thing...it doesn't play. Just "Waiting for Disc to be prepared - Waiting for stream".

So, just to clarify...I have an External Drive (Asus Slim Combo SBC-06D1S-U) plugged directly into my REVO (uses a 'Y' USB cable - plugs into 2 usb ports to power the drive). That's the way it's supposed to work right? Or am I supposed to have the drive plugged into my Laptop and stream it over the network.

Or did I just F'up and rented another movie with the new protection?

First of all... Test if MakeMKV is really running correctly. Had this problem once, it was an old MakeMKV install, not the script. To test the script, login over ssh into yout htpc (for example with Putty), then login with your xbmc user and then just try to start makemkv. Type makemkv. Then you will see what kind of attributes there are. Try to start the makemkv with the correct attribute for your bd-rom. Then you will see if the disc is loaded or you'll get an error message that your MakeMKV is too old.

- KeithLM - 2010-04-26

tdw197 Wrote:Change output and device to hdmi, do the same with pass through - assuming you are connecting your revo to your amp by hdmi, not spdif.

Try selecting the downmix option too.

Do mp3s work? If not it's probably not related to the chipset

I've tried all those options and mp3s don't work either. If I don't set it to HDMI, depending on the specific option I set, I will get an error message in xbmc telling me the audio device can't be initialized. But with HDMI set there is no error, but no audio plays. And this used to work just fine.