Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] NVIDIA ION optimized XBMC Live 9.11 Live CD / Live USB version - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Linux (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=52)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] NVIDIA ION optimized XBMC Live 9.11 Live CD / Live USB version (/showthread.php?tid=66388)

- steve1977 - 2010-05-02

manekineko Wrote:After installing Boxee via a .deb, is there any convenient way to switch between XBMC and Boxee? I was under the impression the dual boot version that erhnam released had something that made that easier than plugging in a keyboard and launching Boxee from the command line?

Same question here. Any way to have a dual-boot for Boxee and XBMC or have a convenient way to switch between the 2. I am running v14. Thanks!!!

- NotShorty - 2010-05-03

steve1977 Wrote:Same question here. Any way to have a dual-boot for Boxee and XBMC or have a convenient way to switch between the 2. I am running v14. Thanks!!!

You could install Boxee Live and XBMC Live to 2 separate usb drives. The one plugged in is the one that boots...

You could also check out a relatively new project called Element HTPC. Theres a thread in the xbmc forums here for those interested.

NS

- dreameer111 - 2010-05-06

delete

- vxeel - 2010-05-06

Hello all. Thank you Erhnam for all your work.

I got your 9.11v14 installed to the hard drive of my acer aspire revo 1600 on its own partition so i can dual boot to the default installed windows xp as well.

Everything seemed to work perfect right out of the gates except a few things

All my SD movies play fine with audio. but all my .mkv's in either 720 or 1080 there is no audio unless I switch it from digital to analog. this is fine with me I think. Is there a difference? or anything I should know about that?

Also my main concern is that when i go into the settings sometimes XBMC crashes. the screen goes black and i see a little X in the center of the screen for a sec and then it goes to the console login.

whats up with this? How can I fix it?

I also want to use the [MOD] Aeon65 1.0 (based on Hitched Mod) so after I figured out how to load it, I was going along fine but when I go into the Movies section It crashes as well. Same X in the center of the screen and back to Console Login.

Any ideas here guys?

Thanx

Edit: I was curious, whats the main differences between this remix and the official release candidate in laymen terms. I see the notes as to whats different, but to a newbie to all this I'm still trying to figure out what a lot of that really means to me.

I ask cause I might just try the official release and the Aeon mod to see if it fixes the crashes, and if it does I would just attempt to apply all the optimization for my ion manually.

- justdoit - 2010-05-10

i got the latest installed a few days ago and working great so far. couple of questions though ...

- where are the skins that comes with this package installed?
- i noticed this package boots up a lil slower than the regular 9.11 release, anything i can do to boot faster? not a big deal though.

thanks Smile

- Ticiano - 2010-05-11

I installed this NVIDIA ION optimized XBMC Live 9.11 in a AsRock Ion 330 nettop and I really like your work, guys! Congrats!

I'm building here a new HTPC and I'm thinking in pick up this Zotac GF9300 board with a chip Celeron CPU instead of Ion.

Can I use this board with this custom version of XBMC or it's only for Ion systems?

- KeithLM - 2010-05-15

I'm trying v14 with the new Zotac board with the latest Ion chipset. So far no HDMI audio, but I'm going to attempt to update the nvidia drivers to see if that will work. However now I have no samba support. Specifically I cannot browse my network, nor can I mount the shares in Win 7, although I can see the computer. The earlier ion optimized live CD I used browsed the network perfectly fine. This one shows me nothing. Anyone have a clue? I need to get to my shares on my Fedora box.

- cowfodder - 2010-05-15

KeithLM Wrote:I'm trying v14 with the new Zotac board with the latest Ion chipset. So far no HDMI audio, but I'm going to attempt to update the nvidia drivers to see if that will work. However now I have no samba support. Specifically I cannot browse my network, nor can I mount the shares in Win 7, although I can see the computer. The earlier ion optimized live CD I used browsed the network perfectly fine. This one shows me nothing. Anyone have a clue? I need to get to my shares on my Fedora box.

Had the same problem here. Audio started working after I put back in my custom xorg.conf. I'm still trying to figure out the samba stuff. My mac can see the box fine, but when I try to connect it says
Quote:CONNECTION FAILED

- KeithLM - 2010-05-15

I'm not seeing anything but the intel audio device on mine at the moment. I know there's like 30 different threads around here with suggestions about fixing audio, I'll have to do some digging.

I'm getting the same connection failed message. I installed smbclient and mounted the share from the command line and added it to fstab, that'll work for me, I don't care much about seeing it and may just kill off the samba service. I'm guessing the problem lies in the guest account or a related setting.

- sygyzy_nbr - 2010-05-15

I want to reinstall XBMC Live on my Revo. What is the most stable version right now? I stopped my v14 download because it seems there are audio and SMB issues. Should I stick with b2? At over 400MB a download, I can't easily try different ones out.

- cowfodder - 2010-05-16

V.13 and Generic 4 both worked fine for me in the past.

boot time - roylefamily - 2010-05-17

Has any one measured the boot time for this, from a usb stick on the Acer Aspire Revo?

- weaktight - 2010-05-21

cowfodder Wrote:Had the same problem here. Audio started working after I put back in my custom xorg.conf.

Same issue here, any idea what the exact fix is?

phantomd Wrote:It was quite easy now in the end. What i have done :

open console and start alsamixer

After that i have enabled with M the device IEC958 1 then HDMI Sound worked.

For save the configuration i made :

sudo alsactl store

I did this and it worked; however, when I reboot, it's muted again and I have to redo it. How do I get it to save permanently?

- joeshmoe - 2010-05-22

cowfodder Wrote:Had the same problem here. Audio started working after I put back in my custom xorg.conf. I'm still trying to figure out the samba stuff. My mac can see the box fine, but when I try to connect it says

I can't browse to my windows 7 shares either. They do add fine if I type the path in smb://ip address of server/folder name.

- Roelio - 2010-05-25

Erhnam thanks for this great Live CD !! It's working like a charm. Do you have plan to build in multi channel support over hdmi?

If there is someone that got multi channel working in combination with this optimized XBMC live version please let me know.