Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] NVIDIA ION optimized XBMC Live 9.11 Live CD / Live USB version - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Linux (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=52)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] NVIDIA ION optimized XBMC Live 9.11 Live CD / Live USB version (/showthread.php?tid=66388)

- ext23 - 2010-06-08

erhnam Wrote:How to upgrade from a previous version:

Code:
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install sabnzbdplus lm-sensors transmission-cli transmission-daemon transmission-common wireless-tools wpasupplicant libid3tag0 mt-daapd apache2 python-software-properties
sudo wget http://xbmcfreak.smetana.nl/upgrade-package-v11.tar.gz
sudo tar zxvf upgrade-package-v10.tar.gz --directory=/

Ignore the errors about existing directories within the xbmc livecd user's homedir.

i'm getting 404'd when i try to wget http://xbmcfreak.smetana.nl/upgrade-package-v11.tar.gz, is there another way around this?

- odoll - 2010-06-08

Quote:I badly know English, therefore so not correctly I write.

np, just change your name from Vladimir to Yoda and it will be perfect ;-) (SCNR, however got your point, me being a non-native speaker as well)

- Hannes The Hun - 2010-06-08

i feel guilty, but I laughed hard Big Grin

- barrygordon - 2010-06-08

To all you apologetic non-english speakers, Just remember that most native americans (icluding the real native americans) speak only one language and can't even mumble let alone write in a second language. I am in that group.

Also linguistingly speaking, English is a hard language

Honestly, why? - ngiardina - 2010-06-08

I recently installed xbmcfreak v14 from a unetbootin live USB key. The computer is an Acer AspireRevo R3610(Dual core atom, ion) , and I upgraded the memory to 4gb.

I just can't see why anyone would need to upgrade to Lucid. Karmic/xbmcfreak runs absolutely flawlessly, plays 1080p without a stutter, has HDMI audio, and wakes from sleep via my MCE remote. Seriously, aside from some video plugins not working (The Onion, TMZ), it is damn near perfect. The built in card reader even automounts and displays photos from my memory cards. I am really impressed, as my AppleTV/CrystalHD setup is nowhere near as versatile, and my Windows 7 machine chokes on 1080p video, even with DXVA enabled.

If there was an "XBMC Box", I couldn't imagine it being any better than what I have.
That said, If anyone has any insights as to why Lucid would be better, please reply with them.

- Hannes The Hun - 2010-06-08

write valdi a PN and ask him Wink

- ngiardina - 2010-06-08

Huh

- SpitIV - 2010-06-08

barrygordon Wrote:To all you apolgetic non-english speakers, Just remember that most native americans (icluding the real native americans) speak only one language and can't even mumble let alone write in a second language. I am in that group.

Also linguistingly speaking, English is a hard language

That's exactly what I was thinking. I wish my Russian was half as bad as your English (Huhor is it twice as bad). Anyway, tons of respect for people able to communicate in multiple languages.

That Yoda line was funny.

- NotShorty - 2010-06-09

ngiardina Wrote:That said, If anyone has any insights as to why Lucid would be better, please reply with them.

I'm also curious about this. I'm always excited for "new and improved," but my rig is perfect for me. Well, I guess I'd love a little audio over hdmi out without having to tweak. Make that near-perfect Wink

NS

- ext23 - 2010-06-09

just booted the latest live CD from USB for shits and giggles, but couldn't get any audio working on my revo 3610 over HDMI. also, all my 1080p videos were covered in artefacts, including the killa sample, which was totally green right up until the last couple of seconds...

- Rion - 2010-06-09

weaktight Wrote:Same issue here, any idea what the exact fix is?

I did this and it worked; however, when I reboot, it's muted again and I have to redo it. How do I get it to save permanently?

alsactl store 0
and after running the above command, you can add the following to a
startup script such as rc.local and add the following line to the end:
alsactl restore 0

- voip-ninja - 2010-06-15

ngiardina Wrote:I recently installed xbmcfreak v14 from a unetbootin live USB key. The computer is an Acer AspireRevo R3610(Dual core atom, ion) , and I upgraded the memory to 4gb.

I just can't see why anyone would need to upgrade to Lucid. Karmic/xbmcfreak runs absolutely flawlessly, plays 1080p without a stutter, has HDMI audio, and wakes from sleep via my MCE remote. Seriously, aside from some video plugins not working (The Onion, TMZ), it is damn near perfect. The built in card reader even automounts and displays photos from my memory cards. I am really impressed, as my AppleTV/CrystalHD setup is nowhere near as versatile, and my Windows 7 machine chokes on 1080p video, even with DXVA enabled.

If there was an "XBMC Box", I couldn't imagine it being any better than what I have.
That said, If anyone has any insights as to why Lucid would be better, please reply with them.

I have a few issues on the V14 CD with my Acer 1600 that leaves me fumbling around trying to either upgrade to a newer SVN or patch in fixes to problems to get things working properly.

Biggest issue for me is that my Ortek MCE remote is not supported under the SVN for V14. There is a patch provided for standard 9.11 distributions but I can't get that patch to work with the V14 disc (I do make install on the patch and it seems to build correctly but the remote still fails to work). Not having a fully working remote is kind of a deal killer. Obviously I could get another remote but sort of defeats the purpose of doing this on the cheap.

Another issue I have with the V14 is that the gamma is all whacked out, the display is dark, blacks are crushed. I have a big ass TV and this is super noticeable. There are some workarounds/hacks for fixing the color space or manually adjusting the gamma but they don't seem to work very well, can't get it dialed in to where the color/levels look the same as the original disc looks when played on my Blu-ray player.

And of course, some of the coolest skins require a newer SVN! Smile

I have ripped all of my blu-ray discs to .mkv format with the original lossless audio track as well as AC3 track. If XBMC Freak 14 plays the lossless file, whether it's DTS-MA, True-HD or PCM I get audio/video stuttering, XBMC crashing to the command line, etc. Sometimes I can't even change the audio track in time before this happens.

Seriously though if anyone knew how to fix the black crush and my remote/patching issue I would be thrilled to get V14 re-installed!

- Methanoid - 2010-06-15

ngiardina Wrote:I just can't see why anyone would need to upgrade to Lucid. Karmic/xbmcfreak runs absolutely flawlessly, plays 1080p without a stutter, has HDMI audio, and wakes from sleep via my MCE remote.

SNIP

Isnt Lucid faster booting? That's one good reason and something that if true would def make the effort worthwhile

Meth

- ngiardina - 2010-06-15

just got a bluray drive to start ripping my discs, so I have no experience withthat. As far as the gamma issue, I have a 52" Toshiba LCD, and it has source specific gamma, so I just adjusted it up two steps. Hopethat works for you.

voip-ninja Wrote:I have a few issues on the V14 CD with my Acer 1600 that leaves me fumbling around trying to either upgrade to a newer SVN or patch in fixes to problems to get things working properly.

Biggest issue for me is that my Ortek MCE remote is not supported under the SVN for V14. There is a patch provided for standard 9.11 distributions but I can't get that patch to work with the V14 disc (I do make install on the patch and it seems to build correctly but the remote still fails to work). Not having a fully working remote is kind of a deal killer. Obviously I could get another remote but sort of defeats the purpose of doing this on the cheap.

Another issue I have with the V14 is that the gamma is all whacked out, the display is dark, blacks are crushed. I have a big ass TV and this is super noticeable. There are some workarounds/hacks for fixing the color space or manually adjusting the gamma but they don't seem to work very well, can't get it dialed in to where the color/levels look the same as the original disc looks when played on my Blu-ray player.

And of course, some of the coolest skins require a newer SVN! Smile

I have ripped all of my blu-ray discs to .mkv format with the original lossless audio track as well as AC3 track. If XBMC Freak 14 plays the lossless file, whether it's DTS-MA, True-HD or PCM I get audio/video stuttering, XBMC crashing to the command line, etc. Sometimes I can't even change the audio track in time before this happens.

Seriously though if anyone knew how to fix the black crush and my remote/patching issue I would be thrilled to get V14 re-installed!

- jacky89 - 2010-06-16

Would be freaking sweet if it has built in xbox 360 controller support! Thanks!