Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] NVIDIA ION optimized XBMC Live 9.11 Live CD / Live USB version - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Linux (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=52)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] NVIDIA ION optimized XBMC Live 9.11 Live CD / Live USB version (/showthread.php?tid=66388)

- Rion - 2010-07-01

Well now i cant seem to access my shares over the network anymore. Stays at loading all the time. Strange.

- ekb20b - 2010-07-01

Got it installed on my Revo after updating unetbootin. Installed Samba and got my shares up and running. The only problem seems to be i can't get any sound playing video or menus. HDMI straight to the tv. Xbmcfreak V14 worked fine. Is there something i have to install or update?

- AaronD - 2010-07-01

Yeah, I am having the same problem with audio. I was about to ask whether this release incorporates all the audio fixes or not.

How did you install Samba?

- ekb20b - 2010-07-01

AaronD Wrote:Yeah, I am having the same problem with audio. I was about to ask whether this release incorporates all the audio fixes or not.

How did you install Samba?

Type: apt-get update
Type: apt-get install samba
Confirm Y for yes
Type: Reboot
Once XBMC restarts exit out and login in with 'root'
Type: mkdir /home/(your user name)/Media <---this is case sensitive
Type: nano /etc/samba/smb.conf
Scroll to the very bottom and type:

[Media]
path = /home/(your user name)/Media <---this is case sensitive
force user = root
inherit permissions = yes
read only = no
guest ok = yes

[System]
path = /home/(your user name)/.xbmc (and it is .xbmc not just xbmc)
force user = root
inherit permissions = yes
read only = no
guest ok = yes

Press ctrl+X and save
Type: Reboot

- pletopia - 2010-07-01

how do i install onto my Zotac MAG which doesn't have a CDROM drive?

i create a bootable thumbdrive using uinetbootin .. and start the boot process
it starts loading .. but then it has a fit over not being able to load a CDROM driver and basically craps out and kicks me to a generic menu where my options boil down to load cdrom driver or abort installation

- ekb20b - 2010-07-02

pletopia Wrote:how do i install onto my Zotac MAG which doesn't have a CDROM drive?

i create a bootable thumbdrive using uinetbootin .. and start the boot process
it starts loading .. but then it has a fit over not being able to load a CDROM driver and basically craps out and kicks me to a generic menu where my options boil down to load cdrom driver or abort installation

update unetbootin, the same problem until i updated. Hope that helps

- pletopia - 2010-07-02

i did .. i re-ran it using unetbootin-windows-471.exe and i got the same thing

- stephenvz - 2010-07-02

First I want to say thanks for Xbmcfreak LiveCD 10.08 svn31495 so far it seems to be working great on my Revo.

For those with audio problems this is what i did to make it work after i installed the new live cd. (please note im really new to all of this so im not sure if its the best method but it worked on my Revo)

Step 1: After you have finished installing the live cd Ctrl + Alt + F1

Step 2: I stopped xbmc with this code.
Code:
sudo stop xbmc-live

Step 3: Didnt check if wget was already installed but installed it anyway.
Code:
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install wget

Step 4: Downloaded new Nvidia Drivers (not sure what was already installed)
Code:
wget ftp://download.nvidia.com/XFree86/Linux-x86/256.35/NVIDIA-Linux-x86-256.35.run

Step 5: Then installed it
Code:
sudo chmod +x NVIDIA-Linux-x86-256.35.run
sudo ./NVIDIA-Linux-x86-256.35.run

Step 6: Reboot
Code:
sudo reboot

Step 7: Im not at home so im not 100% what the names for the xbmc sound settings i used but i remember the first one i set to HDMI 2.0 (dont have my surround sound set up at the moment). Second option was set to custom with (plug:hdmi) and the third was also HDMI.

Again i have only been using linux for a few weeks so im not really sure if this works for everyone or if all the steps are needed but its what i did and it worked for me.

- ppic - 2010-07-02

error

- ekb20b - 2010-07-02

stephenvz Wrote:First I want to say thanks for Xbmcfreak LiveCD 10.08 svn31495 so far it seems to be working great on my Revo.

For those with audio problems this is what i did to make it work after i installed the new live cd. (please note im really new to all of this so im not sure if its the best method but it worked on my Revo)

Step 1: After you have finished installing the live cd Ctrl + Alt + F1

Step 2: I stopped xbmc with this code.
Code:
sudo stop xbmc-live

Step 3: Didnt check if wget was already installed but installed it anyway.
Code:
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install wget

Step 4: Downloaded new Nvidia Drivers (not sure what was already installed)
Code:
wget ftp://download.nvidia.com/XFree86/Linux-x86/256.35/NVIDIA-Linux-x86-256.35.run

Step 5: Then installed it
Code:
sudo chmod +x NVIDIA-Linux-x86-256.35.run
sudo ./NVIDIA-Linux-x86-256.35.run

Step 6: Reboot
Code:
sudo reboot

Step 7: Im not at home so im not 100% what the names for the xbmc sound settings i used but i remember the first one i set to HDMI 2.0 (dont have my surround sound set up at the moment). Second option was set to custom with (plug:hdmi) and the third was also HDMI.

Again i have only been using linux for a few weeks so im not really sure if this works for everyone or if all the steps are needed but its what i did and it worked for me.

this worked, the only thing i did was at the end of the install it asked to do a auto-config. Just say no. and everything was fine. thanks again

- stoffmann - 2010-07-02

Riffmaker Wrote:Just installed the new version. Working well except I can't get a command line up which I need to mount local drives and install xbox 360 controller keymap.xml. I just get a blank screen when I use any of the ctl-alt-function keys. (psst can you add xbox 360 support to the next build?)

Any ideas why I'm getting a blank screen and how I can fix it?

I have the same problem. When i exit XBMC or press any ctrl-alt-function keys i only get a blank screen. Remot elogin using Putty works.

Any idea?

- matchsmalone - 2010-07-02

ekb20b Wrote:this worked, the only thing i did was at the end of the install it asked to do a auto-config. Just say no. and everything was fine. thanks again

Why did you not do the auto-config? Just curious. I said yes, and haven't had any problems.

stoffmann Wrote:I have the same problem. When i exit XBMC or press any ctrl-alt-function keys i only get a blank screen. Remot elogin using Putty works.

Any idea?

Yep, same problem here.

- stephenvz - 2010-07-02

matchsmalone Wrote:Why did you not do the auto-config? Just curious. I said yes, and haven't had any problems.

I dont remember what i did now but i think i would have said yes as well Smile

- ekb20b - 2010-07-02

matchsmalone Wrote:Why did you not do the auto-config? Just curious. I said yes, and haven't had any problems.

everytime i said yes and rebooted it wouldn't boot xbmc. When i said no it worked.

- ClayM - 2010-07-02

I'm running xbcmfreak-10.08-svn31440-lucid1

What's the recommended method of keeping it updated (other than just reinstalling)?