Kodi Community Forum
[REQUEST] CoverFlow View Mode? - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Confluence (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=125)
+---- Thread: [REQUEST] CoverFlow View Mode? (/showthread.php?tid=66564)

Pages: 1 2

[REQUEST] CoverFlow View Mode? - alanas - 2010-01-08

Is there a mod to add a cover flow view to this skin?
i would love to get one.

- Jezz_X - 2010-01-08

would be pretty easy to copy it straight out of PM3.HD (and modifiy it to work) since both use full screen and same original code base

- alanas - 2010-01-09

Thanks for the reply. You made it sound easy. I had a look at the code and tried to see what i would need to change but i dont know enough about it. It was very confusing.

- User 42580 - 2010-01-09

I second this request.

Coverflow seems to be getting less and less attention on the newer skins, but it still is one of my favorite views mode.

It's elegant, very user friendly and fluid.

- jmarshall - 2010-01-09

What's wrong with the current ones - just because they're not 3D looking they're not good enough?

- User 42580 - 2010-01-09

jmarshall Wrote:What's wrong with the current ones - just because they're not 3D looking they're not good enough?

Nothing wrong. Just a matter of personal taste I guess...

The thing that I really like about coverflow is that I get's most of the attention on the focused subject (the central cover) but still keeps a few of the others slightly visible on the sides, giving it a good sense of collection.

So I don't think the 3d is just a gimmick. It is a fine balance of usability and beauty.

But, as I said, is just a matter of personal taste.

- dtviewer - 2010-01-09

I think the cover flow with the list of item names below in the original PM3 was my favorite view for music.
Looked great and was practical.

- khaoohs - 2010-01-18

+1 vote for a coverflow view in Confluence. I find it to be more attractive than poster wrap, like Discaciate said, it does help put the focus on the currently selected movie.

- Jezz_X - 2010-01-18

I can tell you now guys its probably not going to happen from me (thus officially) so someone is going to have take the time and do a patch for people. And then I won't be adding it to the Main version

- ihjones - 2010-03-18

Discaciate Wrote:Nothing wrong. Just a matter of personal taste I guess...

The thing that I really like about coverflow is that I get's most of the attention on the focused subject (the central cover) but still keeps a few of the others slightly visible on the sides, giving it a good sense of collection.

So I don't think the 3d is just a gimmick. It is a fine balance of usability and beauty.

But, as I said, is just a matter of personal taste.

I'm 100% with you here. there are some really cool new skins like "Confluence" which btw is awesome!! However everytime I turn around the cover flow is back (and I live mostely on my own...) Big Grin

- djtoll - 2010-04-10

Jezz_X Wrote:would be pretty easy to copy it straight out of PM3.HD (and modifiy it to work) since both use full screen and same original code base

I released it Rolleyes

Download the (MOD) Confluence_3D_CoverFlow_MOD-002.rar

- Flagging is not working yet, I will fixed this near time if I can. ---> EDIT: FIXED Smile
- add 3D view in all Sections. Music, Music-Database, Playlists, Pics, Programs, Videos-Files, Video Database, Scripts.
- adding scrollbar with the Confluence Design.

More Screens Link

Greetz DjToll

- Jezz_X - 2010-04-10

Nice to see someone finally step up and have a go Smile
you be adding this to the touch screen one ? because its not really touch screen friendly in xbmc

- djtoll - 2010-04-11

Jezz_X Wrote:Nice to see someone finally step up and have a go Smile

The mouse scrolling not working, any idea ? With PM3.HD its work great.

Jezz_X Wrote:you be adding this to the touch screen one ? because its not really touch screen friendly in xbmc

Yes, the problem is in all views when there are too many media, because you're in the list,thumbnails or other views to navigate. Hope there still is doing something about the Developers. Big Grin
I wanted to wrap the 3D view Shortlist even with the option to turn off in the skin settings.

- Rebecca_Fan - 2010-04-11

In my opinion the coverflow would be look better, if the individual cover has rounded edges and without a frame, like in the Aeon Skin. And may be it looks much more nicer if the covers are not so big. Less is more Smile

- djtoll - 2010-04-11

Rebecca_Fan Wrote:In my opinion the coverflow would be look better, if the individual cover has rounded edges and without a frame, like in the Aeon Skin. And may be it looks much more nicer if the covers are not so big. Less is more Smile

Rounded Cover ? ... it´s not look great with the confluence design/Style.