[WIP] XBMC + Spotify = True (an XBMC implementation that uses Spotify's official API) - Printable Version
+- XBMC Community Forum (http://forum.xbmc.org)
+-- Forum: Announcements, Info, and General Discussion (/forumdisplay.php?fid=85)
+--- Forum: XBMC General Discussion (/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: [WIP] XBMC + Spotify = True (an XBMC implementation that uses Spotify's official API) (/showthread.php?tid=67012)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113
- gazwest - 2010-02-04 20:17
topfs2 Wrote:Compile it yourself if your desperate, the code is available, our give the developer some room to work.Sorry Mr. Grumpypants.
He said a new release would come out, and it didn't. I understand that nagging him won't make him work any more efficently or faster. Alas topfs2, I'm sorry i almost broke the internet with my nagging.
- pucko - 2010-02-07 04:07
gazwest Wrote:Sorry Mr. Grumpypants.
Please don't kill great development efforts with nagging or justification of nagging, especially it is quite "not clever" to call one of the lead developers names...
Great work akezeke, please keep it up. Looking forward to se the fruits of your labour in the trunk....
- Shank - 2010-02-09 15:52
pucko Wrote:Please don't kill great development efforts with nagging or justification of nagging, especially it is quite "not clever" to call one of the lead developers names...
ANyone who can provide step-by-step instructions to compile the code to run this?
- theophile - 2010-02-09 16:17
Shank Wrote:ANyone who can provide step-by-step instructions to compile the code to run this?
Give this a try:
I'm about to give it a go myself. Will let you know how it goes.
- calmdown - 2010-02-09 21:41
I have never compiled anything at all before, and this seemed like small enough project to get started with.
Feel free to tell me if something is completely wrong, and hopefully this will help someone with their quest for xbmc perfection
Here we go (this guide will hopefully compile and install the linux version of xbmc)
0. If you do not have git installed you have to install it, i'm not gonna go in to that here,
but it starts with something like:
(Here is some info on setup for github: http://help.github.com/linux-key-setup/)
1. Go to a folder of your choice, preferably something that is empty that you can toy around in
2. Download openspotify:
3. Get a few dependencies to be able to build openspotify:
4. go to openspotify/libopenspotify folder and Build it:
5. Download xbmc source:
6. Get the spotyxbmc source from http://github.com/akezeke/spotyxbmc
7. Replace the files in your downloaded xbmc source with the ones from spotyxbmc
(The files are spotyxbmc.diff and the xbmc folder, just copy them to your downloaded xbmc source folder)
8. Get the build dependencies to be able to compile xbmc on your box:
9. go to xbmc download folder and Bootstrap:
11. Open Makefile in a texteditor:
12. Scroll down until you see a line starting with LIBS=-lXrandr, to the end of that line add:
13. Request your own appkey from spotify: http://developer.spotify.com/en/libspotify/application-key/
14. Copy the key from the c-code link, and paste it where it says so in spotinterface.cpp
15. make! and wait for it:
16. make install
note that "make install" installs xbmc to default location, if you want to override use something like:
I have yet to try step 16, so i really don't know if i've done everything right, that is basically why I'm posting this here, to get some feedback.
Note that everything i typed here was found in the various readme's for the different applications, so no space-science, this is just to sum it up a little.
EDIT: Forgot a step with replacing files..
- akezeke - 2010-02-09 23:39
Now there are some good news in here http://spotyxbmc.tumblr.com/
- Shank - 2010-02-10 00:58
Followed the instructions. Rebooted. Now XBMC Live goes directly to tty1 prompt on start-up, help?
- pettson3816 - 2010-02-10 01:29
Works fine here with Win Vista x32, except for some tracks being "not playable" or something like that. I want to thank you in your efforts making this possible though!
Is it somehow possible to use the latest nightly XBMC build AND this Spotify module together?
- flitclicker - 2010-03-18 00:35
Apologies for utter noobity, is this something that's at all possible running XBMC on an XBox1?
- nianhbg - 2010-03-22 18:03
Wow I tried this in windows 7 prof 32-bit. And I works quite well. Great work thank you