Kodi Community Forum
[WIP] XBMC + Spotify = True (an XBMC implementation that uses Spotify's official API) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Kodi related discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: [WIP] XBMC + Spotify = True (an XBMC implementation that uses Spotify's official API) (/showthread.php?tid=67012)

- newphreak - 2010-10-28

yeah, i hope somebody does, i want spotify in xbmc quite badly Smile

- unknown_inc - 2010-10-29

newphreak Wrote:yeah, i hope somebody does, i want spotify in xbmc quite badly Smile

+1

Nod

- lordmozilla - 2010-10-31

I made a patch to compile it using dharma beta4 using libspotify 0.0.3. Works really well on Arch linux + meego.

enjoy - http://www.madeo.co.uk/?p=647

patch is here if you can't be bothered to read!

- soder - 2010-11-01

lordmozilla Wrote:I made a patch to compile it using dharma beta4 using libspotify 0.0.3. Works really well on Arch linux + meego.

enjoy - http://www.madeo.co.uk/?p=647

patch is here if you can't be bothered to read!

I'm using the prebuild versions of XBMC from the SVN. Is it possible to get it work that what? Download a pre build version?

/Söder

- lordmozilla - 2010-11-01

soder Wrote:I'm using the prebuild versions of XBMC from the SVN. Is it possible to get it work that what? Download a pre build version?

/Söder

No, you have to download the sources and compile yourself. It's really not that hard though, you should try it!

- soder - 2010-11-01

lordmozilla Wrote:No, you have to download the sources and compile yourself. It's really not that hard though, you should try it!

But can I compile only the "executable" file? (I don't really don't understand much about linux")

I am satisfied with the SVN as it is, but I would like to try this Spotify version of beta 4, without fucking up what I have now.

Can I just compile that "file"?

/Söder

- lordmozilla - 2010-11-01

soder Wrote:But can I compile only the "executable" file? (I don't really don't understand much about linux")

I am satisfied with the SVN as it is, but I would like to try this Spotify version of beta 4, without fucking up what I have now.

Can I just compile that "file"?

/Söder

if you follow the instructions on my blog, notice there is no 'make install'. So you can just run xbmc from that folder.

You do have to compile all of XBMC though, but you dont have to install to /usr/bin/xbmc. So it wont erase what you currently have. For example i've left mine in /home/brendan/xbmc-spotify and just symlink xbmc.bin in that directory to /usr/bin/xbmc-spotify

- alex84 - 2010-11-01

lordmozilla Wrote:if you follow the instructions on my blog, notice there is no 'make install'. So you can just run xbmc from that folder.

You do have to compile all of XBMC though, but you dont have to install to /usr/bin/xbmc. So it wont erase what you currently have. For example i've left mine in /home/brendan/xbmc-spotify and just symlink xbmc.bin in that directory to /usr/bin/xbmc-spotify

Thanks for the effort mate. Correct me if im wrong. If i ditch my live install to archlinux or other working lite dist i can download xbmc source code, install libspotify 0.3 and than patch the xbmc source with you diff and compile my way in to music haven? =)

Need to lock myself in this weekend to make this work Nerd

- lordmozilla - 2010-11-02

alex84 Wrote:Thanks for the effort mate. Correct me if im wrong. If i ditch my live install to archlinux or other working lite dist i can download xbmc source code, install libspotify 0.3 and than patch the xbmc source with you diff and compile my way in to music haven? =)

Need to lock myself in this weekend to make this work Nerd

Yep!

My advice if you're on archlinux is use the PKG in AUR for xbmc-svn, edit the config to use r35106 (beta4) and add the patch. Easy as pie :-)

Enjoy!

Incidentally i'll probably fix it and make a version for dharma stable when that comes out however I dont think i'll do one for all the RC's etc...

- Popeye - 2010-11-02

lordmozilla Wrote:Incidentally i'll probably fix it and make a version for dharma stable when that comes out however I dont think i'll do one for all the RC's etc...

Great! or else I will absolutely dig into compile a stable version...

- moogen - 2010-11-06

I did the spotyxbmc integration based on lordmozilla list and got it running!
I have one problem though, when I try to go into spotify playlists xbmc always crashes and the crashlog doesn't seem to have anything interesting.
It seems to be able to get something from spotify but after that it just dies.

Does anyone have the same problem?

- lordmozilla - 2010-11-06

moogen Wrote:I did the spotyxbmc integration based on lordmozilla list and got it running!
I have one problem though, when I try to go into spotify playlists xbmc always crashes and the crashlog doesn't seem to have anything interesting.
It seems to be able to get something from spotify but after that it just dies.

Does anyone have the same problem?

I don't know what to tell you. It works fine for me on dharma4 + meego. What OS are you using and what version of libspotify are you running?

- moogen - 2010-11-06

lordmozilla Wrote:I don't know what to tell you. It works fine for me on dharma4 + meego. What OS are you using and what version of libspotify are you running?

I'm using the Dharma Beta 4 Live installed to harddrive with libspotify 0.0.3. All the other spotify features work just fine, like search, top lists etc. but my personal playlists crash the xbmc every time. I'll try to rename some of my playlists which have scandinavic characters (äö) in them to have only ascii characters and see if that makes any difference but somehow I doubt it.

Anyhow with the search and add to library functions I'm not missing much, really glad XBMC + Spotify finally works, even though it's not quite plug-and-play Wink

- lordmozilla - 2010-11-07

moogen Wrote:I'm using the Dharma Beta 4 Live installed to harddrive with libspotify 0.0.3. All the other spotify features work just fine, like search, top lists etc. but my personal playlists crash the xbmc every time. I'll try to rename some of my playlists which have scandinavic characters (äö) in them to have only ascii characters and see if that makes any difference but somehow I doubt it.

Anyhow with the search and add to library functions I'm not missing much, really glad XBMC + Spotify finally works, even though it's not quite plug-and-play Wink

It could be something to do with characters, I only have 2 playlists on spotify so it could also be that i'm a lightweight! Rolleyes

- zteifel - 2010-11-07

Woow spotify in xbmc working on ubuntu maverick. Thx for the excellent guide on your blog lordmozilla!