Kodi Community Forum
[WIP] XBMC + Spotify = True (an XBMC implementation that uses Spotify's official API) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Kodi related discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: [WIP] XBMC + Spotify = True (an XBMC implementation that uses Spotify's official API) (/showthread.php?tid=67012)

- akezeke - 2011-06-29

tsint Wrote:Thanks, but the fault remains. I will give it a try during the weekend, are you also using libspotify 0.0.8?

Yes, on windows7 64 and ubuntu 11.04 64.

That would be great if you could find why this is happening.

- Jackdaw - 2011-06-30

@akezeke
I can see my Spotify playlists but when I open them they are empty. I don't know whether anyone else has this problem.

- tsint - 2011-06-30

Jackdaw Wrote:@akezeke
I can see my Spotify playlists but when I open them they are empty. I don't know whether anyone else has this problem.
That also happens to me, I need to restart XBMC 1-2 times and then it is working again.

- neoflex - 2011-06-30

Thanks a lot for this spotify integration! I love it except that it is the same for me, playlists appear but are blanks, no tracks.

I am also not sure about something. It's possible to add a spotify album to your xbmc library. I love this functionality but I am affraid that I would lost everything after performing a clean library. Is there a way to avoid those albums to disapear?

- akezeke - 2011-06-30

The playlist issue is weird, obviously I have done something wrong but I just don't get it, spotify is reporting the playlists to be loaded but sometimes they are not anyway... I will dig deeper in to this the next couple of days.

@neoflex
That is a known issue, I tried to solve it once but I will take a look at the clean library code again and see if I can exclude spotify albums from removal. shouldn't be that hard.

- akezeke - 2011-07-01

@neoflex
Fixed the issue with library clean. Now the spotify albums stays!

I also moved all the settings away from advancedsettings and into the addon!

/David

- fuzzic - 2011-07-01

@akezeke:
Thumbs up! Great work!

I do not currently have a XBMC setup (in the process of moving) but I'm thinking about getting a Apple TV with XBMC.
Will this work?
And is the installation procedure the same as with XBMC Live/Ubuntu?

- neoflex - 2011-07-01

akezeke Wrote:@neoflex
Fixed the issue with library clean. Now the spotify albums stays!

I also moved all the settings away from advancedsettings and into the addon!

/David

thanks a lot! that's great!
do you had any idea about the empty playlists problem? do you think it comes from a bug within the libspotify?

- zmalex - 2011-07-02

@Akezeke: Could you add new builds to https://github.com/akezeke/spotyxbmc/downloads?

Also have you tried this for ATV2? I would very much like a ATV2 build but I don't own a mac so I can't build it myself. :/

- oBey - 2011-07-02

Hi

Could someone maby write a step by step how to install from minimal ubuntu to finnished install with drivers and autostarting xbmc.

I managed to compile it but never start it, it just booted the normal xbmc, and not the spotify one.

- marksutherland - 2011-07-03

Hi,

I've been able to build and install libspotify 0.0.8 and the latest version spotyxbmc, but it seems to be having difficulty connecting to spotify. I'm building on a 32bit natty ubuntu system.

I was able to set up my username and password, but as soon as I try to open up the add-on xbmc crashes. Here's some interesting excepts from the log:

21:22:48 T:15554352 M:1921728512 DEBUG: Spotifylog: clean search
21:22:48 T:15554352 M:1921728512 DEBUG: Spotifylog: clean search2
21:22:48 T:15554352 M:1921728512 DEBUG: Spotifylog: clean artistbrowse
21:22:48 T:15554352 M:1921728512 DEBUG: Spotifylog: clean albumbrowse
21:22:48 T:15554352 M:1921728512 DEBUG: Spotifylog: clean toplists
21:22:48 T:15554352 M:1921728512 DEBUG: Spotifylog: clean removing files
21:22:48 T:15554352 M:1921728512 DEBUG: Spotifylog: clean done
21:22:48 T:15554352 M:1921728512 DEBUG: Spotifylog: creating session
21:22:48 T:15554352 M:1921458176 ERROR: Spotifylog: failed to create session: error: Initialization of library failed
21:22:48 T:15554352 M:1921458176 INFO: removing tempfiles
21:22:48 T:15554352 M:1921458176 DEBUG: ADDON: Starting service addons.
21:22:48 T:15554352 M:1921458176 NOTICE: initialize done

and later on at the crash:

21:22:54 T:15554352 M:1916682240 DEBUG: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory (musicdb://spotify/menu/main/)
21:22:54 T:15554352 M:1916682240 DEBUG: ParentPath = [musicdb://spotify/menu/main/]
21:22:54 T:15554352 M:1916682240 DEBUG: Spotifylog: creating session

Looking through the thread, I see this sometimes means I'm either using the wrong version of the library, or the wrong username and password. I've checked all of these things several times and it all seems to be right. Is there any way to get more information about why the library is failing to initialize or otherwise debug this problem? Thanks for any help,

Mark

- Jackdaw - 2011-07-04

oBey Wrote:Hi

Could someone maby write a step by step how to install from minimal ubuntu to finnished install with drivers and autostarting xbmc.

I managed to compile it but never start it, it just booted the normal xbmc, and not the spotify one.

It looks like you have done it right. Try a "sudo make install prefix=/usr" instead of just "sudo make install". This will overwrite the existing xbmc.
Also spotify does not show up under Music unless a library for your own collection has been built and then you go into library mode. There is no spotify entry in file mode.

- promontis - 2011-07-04

Hi akezeke,

Great to see you've picked this up again. After discovering your repo some months ago, I did the same; branch with the master and merge your changes. Still using 0.06 as 0.08 didn't work for me... I will try and see if your changes will help me in discovering a possible solution.

I did however make some changes I'd like to share. I might even fork your implementation and merge with mine, depending on my spare time, so we can all benefit! Anyhow, your implementation is based on adding your own directory structure, which is very hard to maintain if more "native" addons are being added (for example, I am also working on a native youtube browser, and an integrated IMDB browser which links to usenet/sabnzbd). When I started I was doing the same as you, adding directories, now I am actually integrating them in the already existing directories. So, for example, music > search is now searching the local library, as well as spotify and youtube. Music > playlists now returns local, spotify and youtube playlists. And so forth. Actually, the user shouldn't need to know where the music is hosted (he now does, even in my implementation, by a [spotify] or [youtube] prefix).

Furthermore, I've integrated the settings of spotify in the settings menu of XMBC (don't know if you did this too).

Finally, I'm now building a web app for the Ipad and similar devices which acts as a remote control. The web apps is able to search spotify, not using spotify itself, but using the music > search functionality of XBMC. This was actually my main motive of choosing to integrate within the XMBC structure and not to add any new directories; I don't have to update the remote controller if I choose to add a new native addon.

- oBey - 2011-07-04

Jackdaw Wrote:It looks like you have done it right. Try a "sudo make install prefix=/usr" instead of just "sudo make install". This will overwrite the existing xbmc.
Also spotify does not show up under Music unless a library for your only collection has been built and then you go into library mode. There is no spotify entry in file mode.

i tried this now but no autostart. I am able to start xbmc (with spotify) with this command "xinit xbmc-standalone" as stated in http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=XBMCbuntu#Install_.22restricted_drivers.22_if_you_have_an_NVIDIA_or_ATI.2FAMD_GPU but when i install xbmc-live the screen just goes black and im not able to start xbmc (with spotify) anymore.

what might i be doing wrong?

- neoflex - 2011-07-05

promontis Wrote:Finally, I'm now building a web app for the Ipad and similar devices which acts as a remote control. The web apps is able to search spotify, not using spotify itself, but using the music > search functionality of XBMC. This was actually my main motive of choosing to integrate within the XBMC structure and not to add any new directories; I don't have to update the remote controller if I choose to add a new native addon.

I was also looking for something like this. Would be great to see this possibility merged within your fork akezeke Wink