Kodi Community Forum
[WIP] XBMC + Spotify = True (an XBMC implementation that uses Spotify's official API) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Kodi related discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: [WIP] XBMC + Spotify = True (an XBMC implementation that uses Spotify's official API) (/showthread.php?tid=67012)

- akezeke - 2011-08-22

solem Wrote:@akezeke: Is there supposed to be a context menu, with options to queue songs and such? Everytime I press C it will result in a certain crash.

Other than that it is pretty stable now, on Confluence. I prefer Aeon Nox, but here it will sometimes crash when changing songs also.

I have not added any spotify specific entries to the context menu yet, but the standard things like enqueue should work, I think the crashes might have something to do with upstream changes, now it seems to work.

I guess that you have updated to the latest version before posting, if not please do. If you have I will install aeon nox and see if I can find something weird.

/David

- akezeke - 2011-08-22

TheeDude Wrote:Hello again!

Anyone have an idea why I get "Error 401" & "Bad username and/or password" ?
I have tried to change my spotify password, and it works on spotify.com and the official spotify client, also Linux client.
But not in spotyxbmc.
Can it have something to do with the file appkey.h ?
I followed the instructions, and created the file, and pasted all information from spotify.com

Any other idea?
Would really like to test this future. Smile

The key must be right or else it will give you an other error message, you have spotify premium?

I have no idea what the problem might be, you can add this:

Logger::printOut(Settings::getUserName().c_str());
Logger::printOut(Settings::getPassword().c_str());

to xbmc/music/spotyXBMC/session/Session.cpp at line 106, it will print out your username and password to the terminal, just make sure they are correct.

If they seems to be correct maybe you can try with someone else credentials.

/David

- solem - 2011-08-22

Ok, so there is a context menu? What is the easiest way to upgrade to your latest build?

Thanks

Edit: I noticed you already mentioned "git pull" for updating, so I will try that.

- jarjar66 - 2011-08-22

Hello

I try to use your spotyxbmc but doesn't work.

I have no error when I compiling, I see spotyxbmc on xbmb music section and configure the addon but nothing.

I look my log but I don't understand why the addon closed. Perhaps a bug with python.

I give you my log http://paste.ubuntu.com/672656/

If you can help me thanks.

- solem - 2011-08-22

jarjar66 Wrote:Hello

I try to use your spotyxbmc but doesn't work.

I have no error when I compiling, I see spotyxbmc on xbmb music section and configure the addon but nothing.

I look my log but I don't understand why the addon closed. Perhaps a bug with python.

I give you my log http://paste.ubuntu.com/672656/

If you can help me thanks.

Sounds like you're doing the same mistake as I did. Don't try to start the addon. Just enable your music library and go into the music section.

@akezeke: Updating fixed the context menu problem, and it seems to work perfect on Aeon Nox now.

- jarjar66 - 2011-08-22

Thanks Solem

now the addon works fine now.

A little question, I use xbmc under Yavdr( ubuntu+vdr+xbmc distro) do you I can use spotyxbmc with that.

I try but no success.

- TheeDude - 2011-08-23

akezeke Wrote:The key must be right or else it will give you an other error message, you have spotify premium?

I have no idea what the problem might be, you can add this:

Logger::printOut(Settings::getUserName().c_str());
Logger::printOut(Settings::getPassword().c_str());

to xbmc/music/spotyXBMC/session/Session.cpp at line 106, it will print out your username and password to the terminal, just make sure they are correct.

If they seems to be correct maybe you can try with someone else credentials.

/David

Thank you for that!

Now I got it working.
I noticed when i wrote a capital T in my login name, xbmc/spotyxbmc wrote a # when it tried to login to spotify.
I don´t know why, maybe a bug, or something in xbmc that takes Shift as #?
Never seen that before.
When I wrote my login name with just small letters it works like a charm!

Thanks again!

- Puffytroll - 2011-08-23

Hi. I have a problem. I have used this since it first came out, but now i have run into my first big problem so far.

When i try to start the plugin from the addons folder, xbmc hang for about 0,2 sec. but then nothing happends. I have tried to just enable library mode, but it didn't show up then eighter. When i look in my xbmc.log the only errors i see is these two:

Code:
21:30:04 T:9291552 * ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.music.spotyXBMC
21:30:04 T:9291552 * ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.music.spotyXBMC) failed

Can somebody help me? Big Grin

If needed i can post my whole log file.

I am on the lateste xbmc live cd on a asrock 330 ht Smile

Thanks Wink

- Flanhare - 2011-08-24

I have found a problem, if you have no "local" music added to the library, there is no way to activate library mode and see music from Spotify.

So I just added some music to the library and now it is listing all stuff from my Spotify account. So far so good.

But when i try to play any track XBMC crash. Log: http://pastebin.com/DcheHa5u

- akezeke - 2011-08-24

Puffytroll Wrote:Hi. I have a problem. I have used this since it first came out, but now i have run into my first big problem so far.

When i try to start the plugin from the addons folder, xbmc hang for about 0,2 sec. but then nothing happends. I have tried to just enable library mode, but it didn't show up then eighter. When i look in my xbmc.log the only errors i see is these two:

Code:
21:30:04 T:9291552 * ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.music.spotyXBMC
21:30:04 T:9291552 * ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.music.spotyXBMC) failed

Can somebody help me? Big Grin

If needed i can post my whole log file.

I am on the lateste xbmc live cd on a asrock 330 ht Smile

Thanks Wink

I suppose I need to update the readme with a little bit of clearer instructions, but you are not supposed to run the addon.

Spotify is integrated inside the normal music sections, please check out the feature video here

/David

- akezeke - 2011-08-24

Flanhare Wrote:I have found a problem, if you have no "local" music added to the library, there is no way to activate library mode and see music from Spotify.

So I just added some music to the library and now it is listing all stuff from my Spotify account. So far so good.

But when i try to play any track XBMC crash. Log: http://pastebin.com/DcheHa5u

Yes, I will add the code that force the library to always allow for enabling again, it is gone for some reason.

Is it failing on every track you try? Does it work with your local music?
I see that you are running xbmc live 10.1. It might have something to do with that. I have never tried it on a live installation.

And you did a clean rebuild?

/David

- akezeke - 2011-08-24

There is now full windows support! (not entirely tested yet)
The library can now be enabled without any local music!

- Puffytroll - 2011-08-24

akezeke Wrote:I suppose I need to update the readme with a little bit of clearer instructions, but you are not supposed to run the addon.

Spotify is integrated inside the normal music sections, please check out the feature video here

/David

But how am I supposed to log in if i cant start the addon to set my settings?

- soder - 2011-08-24

Puffytroll Wrote:But how am I supposed to log in if i cant start the addon to set my settings?

Bring up the "meny" (don't know if it's "c" or "m" or what, and in the addon setting you can add your login.

/Söder

- Puffytroll - 2011-08-24

soder Wrote:Bring up the "meny" (don't know if it's "c" or "m" or what, and in the addon setting you can add your login.

/Söder

Thanks, but it doesn't work. I have used spotyxbmc2 before and in know how to use it, but i had to reinstall ubuntu, and now i cant start the addon(yes, the addon where i set my login) and therefore it doesnt appear in library mode eigther.

As you can see in my previous post I get an error in the log when i want to set my login info...

Thanks Big Grin