Kodi Community Forum
[WIP] XBMC + Spotify = True (an XBMC implementation that uses Spotify's official API) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Kodi related discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: [WIP] XBMC + Spotify = True (an XBMC implementation that uses Spotify's official API) (/showthread.php?tid=67012)

- akezeke - 2011-08-24

Puffytroll Wrote:But how am I supposed to log in if i cant start the addon to set my settings?

You can go to the addon section under settings, locate the spotyXBMC addon under music and configure it.

But if you pull the latest update starting the addon if its not enabled will take you to the settings!

- Puffytroll - 2011-08-24

But here comes the problem. It seems that the addon isnt propertly installed. It is not in the settings menu, and when i try to start it from the Music/addons page i get that error i have pasted erlier.

I have the latest version from git installed.

- akezeke - 2011-08-24

Puffytroll Wrote:But here comes the problem. It seems that the addon isnt propertly installed. It is not in the settings menu, and when i try to start it from the Music/addons page i get that error i have pasted erlier.

I have the latest version from git installed.

weird, but if it shows up so that you can start it, it is installed right?

Did you pull the changes I made earlier today?
make sure you do that and be sure you do a clean make, and make install. If its still missing maybe you can install the addon manually, copying the addon from the source and put it in your .xbmc/addons dir.

- Puffytroll - 2011-08-24

I will try to install todays latest build. Havent updated since yesterday.
If it doesnt work i will try to install the addon manually Smile

- coendeurloo - 2011-08-24

If I have XBMCLive installed, and I connect to my HTPC with XBMCLive via a laptop with Putty.

Should I just follow the Linux installation instructions?

- Flanhare - 2011-08-24

akezeke Wrote:Yes, I will add the code that force the library to always allow for enabling again, it is gone for some reason.

Is it failing on every track you try? Does it work with your local music?
I see that you are running xbmc live 10.1. It might have something to do with that. I have never tried it on a live installation.

And you did a clean rebuild?

/David

Thanks for the library mode fix :-)

Yes, mp3s added to the library plays just fine. I just tried a few (3-5) Spotify tracks, instant XBMC crash every time. Yes I did make a clean build, the difference is I use some configuration switches like disable pulse and enable vdpau I think. I'll try some more when I get back from work.

Yeah my OS is from a Live install, but I've been running XBMC nighties since that without any problems. I guess I should reinstall the OS, are you running Ubuntu? Version 11.04?

- tsint - 2011-08-24

I'm really impressed how well it works now, my only complain is that the Spotify background logo in music vis mode should be a bit more transparent Smile

- akezeke - 2011-08-24

tsint Wrote:I'm really impressed how well it works now, my only complain is that the Spotify background logo in music vis mode should be a bit more transparent Smile

Yeah I agree, I have replaced the MusicOSD.xml with one from the custom confluence mod.
To get rid of the fanart in viz just replace the file with the one from original confluence.

Anyway, I added an option to disable the fanart, or use a custom one. So you can use a custom made that fits better to the skin in use.

- akezeke - 2011-08-24

Flanhare Wrote:Thanks for the library mode fix :-)

Yes, mp3s added to the library plays just fine. I just tried a few (3-5) Spotify tracks, instant XBMC crash every time. Yes I did make a clean build, the difference is I use some configuration switches like disable pulse and enable vdpau I think. I'll try some more when I get back from work.

Yeah my OS is from a Live install, but I've been running XBMC nighties since that without any problems. I guess I should reinstall the OS, are you running Ubuntu? Version 11.04?

I have it running in ubuntu 11.04 64, ubuntu 11.10 32 and windows 7 64.

I have never tried it with xbmc live. If you are unable to solve it a log should be interesting to see!

/David

- 0wing - 2011-08-25

SxSettings.cpp is included twice in XBMC.vcxproj and causes a C1083 permission denied error when I compile.

Removing one of the lines solves it.

- Flanhare - 2011-08-25

akezeke Wrote:I have it running in ubuntu 11.04 64, ubuntu 11.10 32 and windows 7 64.

I have never tried it with xbmc live. If you are unable to solve it a log should be interesting to see!

/David
Really weird, I booted up my HTPC after work and it was still not working, tried with several tracks. Went on and made a git pull --rebase and rebuilt, and now it is working. :-)

Thanks for all your work with this!

- Flanhare - 2011-08-25

Actually you are a genius akezeke, now I miss to have a Artist entry with all my starred artists in the normal Spotify client ;-)

- akezeke - 2011-08-25

0wing Wrote:SxSettings.cpp is included twice in XBMC.vcxproj and causes a C1083 permission denied error when I compile.

Removing one of the lines solves it.

Interesting, I'll fix that, thanks for noticing

- DonHugo - 2011-08-25

Hey,
Will the web interface work with the spotify addon?

- solem - 2011-08-25

Is it possible to search for songs and then add them to a playlist btw?