Kodi Community Forum
[WIP] XBMC + Spotify = True (an XBMC implementation that uses Spotify's official API) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Kodi related discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: [WIP] XBMC + Spotify = True (an XBMC implementation that uses Spotify's official API) (/showthread.php?tid=67012)

- momoski - 2011-10-02

Duplicate reply:
I posted a question a few days ago, but didnt get any replies. Sorry for posting it again.

Did anyone making it work with xbmc-live on Maverick? Following the guide brought me into dependency hell which I couldnt solve.

Thanks, Momoski

- akezeke - 2011-10-03

Lagstorm Wrote:Hi,
I would like to thank you all for making my xbmc experience so much better with spotify compatibility.
I have one feature suggestion I think haven't been made yet. Would it be possible to add top hits folder to every artist, which would contain x most popular songs of the certain artist. It would make finding popular songs for certain artist much easier. The folder could be under the similar artist folder. I suppose there is a way to get those songs directly or at least get some popularity value for every song via api.
Thx again for everything you have done so far.

This is allready in there, just browse an artist, select "*All Albums" whitch actualy is all tracks from that artist, then change the order to "rating" and there you go!

Smile

- KRKA01 - 2011-10-03

@akezeke

I guess this have been asked before, but i don´t seem to be able to find the answer.

What version of XBMC is SpotyXBMC2 based of? Is it Dharma or is it based of a GIT source of Eden? If Eden, from which date?

Thanks in advance.

//Krister

- soder - 2011-10-03

KRKA01 Wrote:@akezeke

I guess this have been asked before, but i don´t seem to be able to find the answer.

What version of XBMC is SpotyXBMC2 based of? Is it Dharma or is it based of a GIT source of Eden? If Eden, from which date?

Thanks in advance.

//Krister

Hej Krister. =)

I can answer on that for you. It uses the GIT source of Eden. The SpotyXBMC2 code itself has not been updated in about a month.

When there is a stable version of Eden, there will be on version based on that code, and one version based on the nightly XBMC code.

/Söder

- KRKA01 - 2011-10-03

@soder

Thanks for the info.

//Krister

- Lagstorm - 2011-10-04

akezeke Wrote:This is allready in there, just browse an artist, select "*All Albums" whitch actualy is all tracks from that artist, then change the order to "rating" and there you go!

Smile

Thanks for the tip Smile

- klikkamongo - 2011-10-05

Hi, im new to this and are following miljbee's guide .

When i open the "XBMC for Windows.sln" project in step 6, i don't get any message about choosing dx/gl/release/debug.. Is this maybe done automatically?

I also get an error when i am running buildsetup.bat in step 11. After a about 15 minutes it says ERROR: "XBMC.EXE failed to build! See ..\vs2010express\XBMC\Release (DirectX)\B
uildLog.htm for details." But there is no buildlog.htm at that folder.

Shall i just run ..spotyxbmc2\project\Win32BuildSetup\BuildSetup.bat ?
Or shall is there any way to use Nullsoft installer for this?

- KRKA01 - 2011-10-05

klikkamongo Wrote:Hi, im new to this and are following miljbee's guide .

When i open the "XBMC for Windows.sln" project in step 6, i don't get any message about choosing dx/gl/release/debug.. Is this maybe done automatically?

I also get an error when i am running buildsetup.bat in step 11. After a about 15 minutes it says ERROR: "XBMC.EXE failed to build! See ..\vs2010express\XBMC\Release (DirectX)\B
uildLog.htm for details." But there is no buildlog.htm at that folder.

Shall i just run ..spotyxbmc2\project\Win32BuildSetup\BuildSetup.bat ?
Or shall is there any way to use Nullsoft installer for this?

You can also review this guide from Gr8rtek, it is more detailed, however Gr8rtek missed to mention the need for DirectX SDK.
http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=882046&postcount=530

- klikkamongo - 2011-10-06

KRKA01 Wrote:You can also review this guide from Gr8rtek, it is more detailed, however Gr8rtek missed to mention the need for DirectX SDK.
http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=882046&postcount=530

Thanks! That post should be linked from the first post!

UberNoob Guide Updated - Gr8rtek - 2011-10-07

I've updated the guide from page# 53 to include the prerequisite for DirectX SDK. New guide can be found at http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=882046&postcount=530.

Thanks everyone for the feedback!

- Tompen - 2011-10-07

Tompen Wrote:Any idea why spotyxbmc2 does not work on windows xp?

Win xp sp3 32-bit, xbmc.exe does not start (access violation).
Win 7 sp1 32-bit, works really good. Fantastic.

First, thank you so much. I have used spotify on xbmc almost every day for the last year.

On my htpc I am stuck with win xp. XBMC+Spotify on WinXP only works with the previous Dharma-Spotify integration. Since my last post, I have made a small progress with spotyxbmc2, not much but at least one little step further.

In Visual Studio, I click properties on "XBMC" then navigate to "Linker", and navigate to "Input". I edit the string "Delay Loaded Dlls". Here I add libspotify.dll

With this change, xbmc.exe can start also on Windows XP. A few seconds later when xbmc is in fullscreen mode, when it presents the XBMC logo it now ends without any error message. If I disable spotify in the addon settings, xbmc works perfectly. From xbmc.log I can see it ends when spotify background thread starts.

- U5tabil - 2011-10-07

Is it possible to get Spotify in XBMC live version?
I really want to just skip the damn windows shit and just have the box with XBMC and nothing more...

- gobba - 2011-10-07

hmm is there a plugin for this without needing to recompile xbmc? Im running pvr branch and its abit different.

- dallasnights - 2011-10-07

also is there a plugin yet for ATV love to start using this there, thanks everyone

- Tompen - 2011-10-08

Tompen Wrote:Any idea why spotyxbmc2 does not work on windows xp?

Win xp sp3 32-bit, xbmc.exe does not start (access violation).
Win 7 sp1 32-bit, works really good. Fantastic.

Now I am really happy. Windows XP works. A million thanks Smile

After troubleshooting XBMC-spotify for a long time, the Windows XP problem was solved by the libspotify.dll upgrade akezeke pushed on Oct 7.